Patrick Leonard and Shep Pettibone on Celebration Tour?

20 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Yes GIF by Crazy Frog

Jokes apart, I think ROL was great because Orbit had a lot of material already done and Madonna knew how to make it hers. It was a sound current at the time, particularly in the UK.

The sound of alternative and rock bands working along trip hop, big beat and electronic artist/djs was on. The evolution of Rave into Chill. Madonna was in the right place at the right time doing the right thing. Same applies to working with Mirwais when the french electronic sound, electroclash and detroit techno was taking over.

Not so much with Tiberland though.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Yeah he took my fucking money and ran. So unprofessional. 

How is that possible? Campaigns are only funded if they are fully backed. Whatever you pledge on Kickstarter, it's only taken when the goal is reached. If you pledged and it didn't reach the goal, then the funds wouldn't have been taken. Pat's project was privately funded outside of Kickstarter, wasn't it?

34 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

I feel like Mirwais was always fresh, unlike Orbit.

Same, Mirwais sound was fresh in both Music and AL, we can't say the same for Orbit in Music. And I think Mirwais did a pretty good job in Madame X too!

47 minutes ago, Prayer said:

You got some points there but... the fight between "real" and not real producers is useless, in my opinion. Shep wasn't a "real" musician either, even Jellybean (both DJs), and she created magic together with them. She's not a "real" musician either, but has a great musical talent.

It's always about the song. If the songs are not great no "real" producer will be able to lift them up.

Great music is great music, doesn't matter where it comes from.

Shep Pettibone wasn't just a regular musician, he was a DJ/producer with awesome musical taste and solid music knowledge.

Creating good house pop music involves more than just technical skills, it requires a good sense for sound design, the ability to curate the perfect samples, and a knack for structuring a track effectively. While Pettibone surely did not have the technical virtuosity of Jacob Collier — who, despite his skill, can sometimes verge on tedious— he distinguished himself through his discerning taste, adequate expertise, and intuitive grasp of musical aesthetics.

Madonna might not be the best musician, but she's always had great taste and knew how to pick the right musicians to collaborate with. Plus, she comes up with amazing ideas when she's inspired by the right people.

34 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Not so much with Tiberland though.

Well that was the flip of the coin when instead of working with known but bit obscure producers dusting off their demos, she gave total liberty to work with a producer shitting mainstream hits. Timbaland has a great portfolio of work behind him but at that time he was just racing with Will I.AM and the lot to do cookie cutter songs.

It was the beginning of the music streaming culture and music production suffered from it.

This line that M worked with relatively obscure producers until Hard Candy just won't die, despite being totally untrue. And after, even someone like Martin Solveig wasn't a big name producer and she's done songs with artists/producers no-one but the most switched on folk would have heard of like The Demolition Crew or SOPHIE. Even someone like Mike Dean had almost exclusively done rap records before working with her (he'd done some songs on the Beyonce self-titled). And then for Madame X it was clearly the most inspired she'd felt in ages and it's very clearly not working with popular folk to chase hits, and most people on here seem to hate it, so there's never any consistency beyond 'I like the older stuff and I've convinced myself it's cos of the producers'.