Madame ❌ 5th anniversary!

Ayham

It's crazy to think it's over 5 years it really is...totally is I often think how amazing it would've been if she handled her era different and things like that of course , it all is but alas it all is a juggle ....I very much love what we had but those promos I just feel she could've showcased the world music element a lot more but alas there we go 

Eurovision should've been just such an incredible force to go THIS album is a blockbuster sadly I feel it's taken until the Celebration Tour to get things more in line it may be some time until we get new material but I do think before she's 70 we may get another album of new material and a different focus for sure 

On 6/20/2024 at 8:16 AM, Adonna said:

I didn't feel like it was forced, but I do think that the whole Madame X character could have been better.  I really thought she was going to give us glimpses with each new song and video of these personas she kept talking about while promoting it.  I do feel like the concept was a bit lost and not thought out more better.

Unfortunately, the tour was plagued with pain and she was too stubborn to stop her tour and mend her hip and leg. I felt she should have just cut the tour short and didn't go back touring after the holidays. 

I applaud her for experimenting with this album, but I did feel she tried to take the album too commercial when it could have been more Fado and living room sessions style.  Still, I enjoy the songs.  But I will admit that I wasn't impressed with Medellin when I first heard it. 

Definitely agree she could’ve fleshed out the Madame X character since some of her description of Madame X sounded like she crammed for a homework assignment at the last minute. When I heard her say, “(Madame X) is an equestrian” I was thinking she could’ve looked just a little bit past her own list of skills. Visually, i especially found the album cover with the short brown wig jarring; I’m not sure if she meant to do a Cindy Sherman type of thing where her face was almost unrecognizable since she was Madame X or because that’s what her face looked like at the moment. Music wise, I appreciated her nod to Portugal but the songs that remain on my playlist now are “I don’t search I find” and “god control” where only she can bust out the kooky rap about “people think that I’m insane”. It give me shades of “gang bang” and in a way, “thief of hearts”.

1 hour ago, Magic Pussy said:

Definitely agree she could’ve fleshed out the Madame X character since some of her description of Madame X sounded like she crammed for a homework assignment at the last minute. When I heard her say, “(Madame X) is an equestrian” I was thinking she could’ve looked just a little bit past her own list of skills. Visually, i especially found the album cover with the short brown wig jarring; I’m not sure if she meant to do a Cindy Sherman type of thing where her face was almost unrecognizable since she was Madame X or because that’s what her face looked like at the moment. Music wise, I appreciated her nod to Portugal but the songs that remain on my playlist now are “I don’t search I find” and “god control” where only she can bust out the kooky rap about “people think that I’m insane”. It give me shades of “gang bang” and in a way, “thief of hearts”.

With the dark hair cover, she was trying to look more like Fridah Kahlo.  It's interesting that you think she doesn't look like herself when her own sister and she thought she looked more like her mother than ever in that pic.  But I agree, the cover isn't necessarily the Madonna we think of her as. And the end of the day, I do feel like she was taking an artistic route both with the album cover and the music.