Madame ❌ 5th anniversary!

Ayham

On 7/6/2024 at 5:02 PM, RUADJAI said:

Can someone tell me why life is a circle? I really wanna know. 

Time as you know had a beginning, and time has an end, and then time begins again, as we shall each live our lives again, exactly as before. I have been gifted to see into the old cycles of time - not very clearly, mind you, but I have learned that in the future past the Brunnen G, the great victor in the war against the insect civilisation, shall be destroyed at the hand of His Shadow, but after His Shadow leaves the Cluster, they will be destroyed at the hands of the Brunnen G. This has happened before. It will happen again.

Do you believe that time travels in a circle, that it is possible to see into the future by looking into the past?!

I will see you again, in the next cycle of time, as i saw you in the last.

4AhWRik.jpeg

On 7/6/2024 at 12:02 PM, RUADJAI said:

For me, in extreme occident, Madonna is reflecting the direction her life took after the repercussion of American life. She sees life as cycles that repeat themselves and Madame X is the repetition of American life. And in the Madame X era she is answering some American life questions, such as: 
Do I have to change my name?  So she changes Madame X's identities
This type of modern life, is it for me? Then she starts using the typewriter.

I thought Extreme Occident might be about her moving to New York with $35 and finding her identity as a person/artist despite adversity and people telling her she shouldn't /not believing in her and maybe also in general about her life in general and thinking about the early 90s's backlash she got and wondering to herself if she was lost referenced by the lyrics 'No I wasn't lost  - I was right'  - 'the thing that hurt the most was that I wasn't lost'   - that she was right all long with her move to go to New York that took years before she became sussful and had money and then again in the 90s how the media turned on her with the Erotica/Sex book era 

3 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

I thought Extreme Occident might be about her moving to New York with $35 and finding her identity as a person/artist despite adversity and people telling her she shouldn't /not believing in her and maybe also in general about her life in general and thinking about the early 90s's backlash she got and wondering to herself if she was lost referenced by the lyrics 'No I wasn't lost  - I was right'  - 'the thing that hurt the most was that I wasn't lost'   - that she was right all long with her move to go to New York that took years before she became sussful and had money and then again in the 90s how the media turned on her with the Erotica/Sex book era 

If the song is really autobiographical, then it sounds like she is referring to her father and her need to become successful as a way to fix her emotional issues. She became rebellious and used to blame him, she didn't realize that he and other family members were there for her. 

She became a mother and she started to see things differently. She has a big family that she needs to protect even though she might seem cruel at some times. Life is a circle.

I dare say Madonna wrote Extreme Occident so be incredibly cast in definition ...that and inspired by Tim Rice watching Lion King's Circle of Life 🦁 she's a Leo after all so it makes sense 

But in fairness I do think it's a look at mortality, looking beyond personal chaos and being extroverted instead of insular it's interesting how many levels you can take the song really 

On 7/6/2024 at 9:02 AM, RUADJAI said:

I think it comes from the analogy with the book wheels of a soul adapted to a journey of continuous transformation that isn't confined to a single lifetime but extends across multiple lives, filled with love, challenges, pain, Wheels of a Soul is about Reincarnation offering meaning to daily life. 

Dady Dady no gifs see 😉

I think extreme Occident is about her following her own path and having the courage and determination to follow her heart/follow her dreams  and instinct/own intuition and not conforming and doing what people advise her and not taking the easiest path and realising that she was right all long despite maybe moments of self-doubt along the way. Think is so similar in its theme to  Easy Ride from American Life apart from the obvious references to circles in both songs. Extreme Occident came across brilliantly on the Madame X tour was so emotional with such an amazing baseline combined with the staging - the filming/recording of it doesn't really capture It as good as it was.  

Interesting so many people see the song in different ways and what she is referring to/singing about 

2 hours ago, NRMX said:

I think it comes from the analogy with the book wheels of a soul adapted to a journey of continuous transformation that isn't confined to a single lifetime but extends across multiple lives, filled with love, challenges, pain, Wheels of a Soul is about Reincarnation offering meaning to daily life. 

Dady Dady no gifs see 😉

Sugar... you can use gifs.... I was just using it as an example to try and reach you. 

Season 5 Eye Roll GIF by Pee-wee Herman

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic