M vocals on Garbage’s #1 Crush

TOpher

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I also checked that one out but Madonna and/or the sample isn't mentioned there?

Yeah I realized that too a minute ago.

Anyway, I actually put the moaning vocal stem into Audacity and when I pitched it a bit, it sounded very close to a part of the sample in #1 Crush. Nellee must have used the dry vocal to distort, because the one on Bedtime Story is already slightly manipulated.

I'm guessing the first moan is actually from Erotica. It sounds like a distorted/pitched down version of the part from Erotica that comes after "I'll teach you how to..."

Just now, MaDöner Kebab said:

Yeah I realized that too a minute ago.

Anyway, I actually put the moaning vocal stem into Audacity and when I pitched it a bit, it sounded very close to a part of the sample in #1 Crush. Nellee must have used the dry vocal to distort, because the one on Bedtime Story is already slightly manipulated.

I'm guessing the first moan is actually from Erotica. It sounds like a distorted/pitched down version of the part from Erotica that comes after "I'll teach you how to..."

Anyone with ears and not in some weird denial can tell that it's madonna and the fact that nellee is the one who remixed just makes it even more apparent.

26 minutes ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

Actually, nevermind.

The first moan is quite obviously Janet Jackson. It's a sample from "Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)". You can hear it here at 4:12:

I don't hear it 😭😭😭 but i did comment on Garbage's insta asking!!! Hopefully Shirley sees and replies haha

2 minutes ago, deathproof said:

lol did you click the link?

it’s a chart position….

I did. Check my post above. There was a bit of info on the version of the song but after reading it, I realized that there was no info on the sample.

Anyway, 50% of the sample is very clearly a pitched dry vocal sample from Bedtime Story. The other part is likely Janet (for whom Nellee had also done remixes for around that time).

5 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Maybe check your hearing next time before you come to my posts all acting funny. I’m not the one in ‘denial’, peace! :heart:

Lol coming to your posts? I didnt come to your posts. Thought it was funny then reacted and then I guess you paid me the favor! Its all good tho, you'll hear better one day but of course I'll need PROOF :P

27 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Remember Baz wanted Hooper on the soundtrack because he worked with Madonna and Bjork, two of his muses for the  soundtrack. 

Shame neither had songs on that album! That album really for me epitomizes the whole mid/late 90s alt music scene...me as an 8 year old jamming to the cassette hehe