Adonna chatroom

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Adonna said:

As have been pointed out... it wasn't the HALF-TIME performance she was asked to do. It was to sing at the opening ceremonies.  It wouldn't have been a huge production which definitely could have been another reason she declined other than being busy!  She was only a month in her pregnancy when game kicked off, and she would have been asked before that, so it's possible she may have not known she was pregnant at the time.  :kiss2:

I’m sure that was the reason… 

17 minutes ago, Ayham said:

I’m sure that was the reason… 

:)

Billboard reports she backed out days before the performance, but I don't recall any talk of her appearing weeks leading up to the event.  My guess she was asked and may have initially said yes, but then realized with her schedule that it wasn't possible.  However this is what Billboard stated.  And as you can see, she was only planned to sing "American Pie" while other sources claim she was opening the show, and not appearing during the "Half-Time" performance.  If she was performing during Half-time she would have been in huge rehearsals, months before, as other acts were asked to appear as well.

Back in January of 2000, she was slated to perform her then-new single “American Pie” at the Jan. 30 Super Bowl XXXIV half-time show. However, she quickly pulled out of the gig a few days later, due to it conflicting with her recording schedule. In a statement at the time, Madonna said that she was “sorry” and expressed “sincere apologies” to the NFL. She added: “I look forward to the possibility of doing something with the NFL in the future.”

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/report-madonna-to-light-up-super-bowl-halftime-466991/

8 minutes ago, Adonna said:

:)

Billboard reports she backed out days before the performance, but I don't recall any talk of her appearing weeks leading up to the event.  My guess she was asked and may have initially said yes, but then realized with her schedule that it wasn't possible.  However this is what Billboard stated.  And as you can see, she was only planned to sing "American Pie" while other sources claim she was opening the show, at not appearing during the "Half-Time" performance.  If she was performing during Half-time she would have been in huge rehearsals, months before, as other acts were asked to appear as well.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/report-madonna-to-light-up-super-bowl-halftime-466991/

“I look forward to the possibility of doing something with the NFL in the future.”

12 years later she did the best halftime show EVER. 😎

Just now, Ayham said:

I just realized the fact that back in 2000 M didn’t go on tour since 1993!!!! Wow 7 years… 😲

but it was definitely worth it… she made a sweet family… 💕 

Yes, it was big news when she announced her 2001 Drowned World Tour and the hype was built around that she hasn't toured for 8 years.  And of course, complaints came after the set list was revealed as it only included two classics from the 80's. 

It makes sense. She had released three studio albums, Evita and Something To Remember in all that time. She definitely has a lot of ground to cover.

Just now, Ayham said:

“I look forward to the possibility of doing something with the NFL in the future.”

12 years later she did the best halftime show EVER. 😎

I agree!  And people loved it.  I do think there would have been more criticism thrown at her if she performed American Pie during the opening of the show.  I'm glad she bailed.  She made up for it in 2012. :)

29 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Erotica 💀

Papa Don't Preach 🤰

Like A Virgin 😜

Justify My Love 💀💀💀

American Pie 🇺🇸

Justify my love and erotica in front of the children's and their mothers

Happy Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki

3 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Yes, it was big news when she announced her 2001 Drowned World Tour and the hype was built around that she hasn't toured for 8 years.  And of course, complaints came after the set list was revealed as it only included two classics from the 80's.

I remember the first time I watched her performing on tour it was DWT I was with my father at a barber shop… I was like 6 YO! I remember the whole shop was in silent watching the tv. 😁

9 minutes ago, Ayham said:

I remember the first time I watched her performing on tour it was DWT I was with my father at a barber shop… I was like 6 YO! I remember the whole shop was in silent watching the tv. 😁

Wow!  Really?  I really know no one is as interested in Madonna as I am.  Actually, a colleague of mine, told me she was a huge fan of hers last year. I had no idea, but I didn't know her very well until last year.

7 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Just imagine… 😎  she came to teach them how to F?!! 🇺🇸😜

Oh my!  Your setlist wouldn't have flown with the NFL at the time. They most likely would have rejected a such a set list.  NFL is huge and even Madonna doesn't have the power to fuck with them.  Even in 2012, she knew she had to keep things respectable and somewhat reserved.

5 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Wow!  Really?  I really know no one is as interested in Madonna as I am.  Actually, a colleague of mine, told me she was a huge fan of hers last year. I had no idea, but I didn't know her very well until last year.

Oh my!  Your setlist wouldn't have flown with the NFL at the time. They most likely would have rejected a such a set list.  NFL is huge and even Madonna doesn't have the power to fuck with them.  Even in 2012, she knew she had to keep things respectable and somewhat reserved.

That was my first reaction of my mom who for the most part is largely neutral to her….  Super Bowl well I mean I don’t think she can start trouble on that stage 

4 minutes ago, Blue Skies said:

That was my first reaction of my mom who for the most part is largely neutral to her….  Super Bowl well I mean I don’t think she can start trouble on that stage 

Yeah!  Superbowl is a pretty sacred ground and she admitted that in promo interviews for her 2012 appearance.  If she did anything remotely too much, she would have been ripped to shreds.  In fact, some still gave her a hard time when M.I.A flipped the bird.  LOL!  But luckily, most brushed it off. She really came off on top after that performance.  I had people who knew I was a fan, approach me and ask questions about her.  Some couldn't believe she was in her 50's at that point.

19 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

So sounds like everyone agrees pregnancy was the real reason. It makes sense.

It seems she was only going to perform American Pie too and no other songs.

Yep everyone one of us in agreance it was because of the pregnancy. I see no one saying otherwise :Madonna038: Oh Rocco would could you do this to us :Madonna041: We still need your mock up set list for the 2000 superbowl tho :Madonna029:

34 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Yeah!  Superbowl is a pretty sacred ground and she admitted that in promo interviews for her 2012 appearance.  If she did anything remotely too much, she would have been ripped to shreds.  In fact, some still gave her a hard time when M.I.A flipped the bird.  LOL!  But luckily, most brushed it off. She really came off on top after that performance.  I had people who knew I was a fan, approach me and ask questions about her.  Some couldn't believe she was in her 50's at that point.

Yeah I know she admitted to being super nervous about it and I thought it kind of showed at first when she came out a little.  But for sure she did put on a really good show.

She''s hardly alone though.  I saw Missy Elliott being interviewed for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame recently.  She said she had an anxiety attack before she went on stage with her Super Bowl performance with Katy Perry.  It started to dawn on her how big a stage it is and how many people watch..  

1 minute ago, Blue Skies said:

Yeah I know she admitted to being super nervous about it and I thought it kind of showed at first when she came out a little.  But for sure she did put on a really good show.

She''s hardly alone though.  I saw Missy Elliott being interviewed for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame recently.  She said she had an anxiety attack before she went on stage with her Super Bowl performance with Katy Perry.  It started to dawn on her how big a stage it is and how many people watch..  

She definitely was on her best behavior. And whiie I enjoy Madonna being naughty and defiant, I think in life we all know there is a "time and place" for things.  She knew this was a time not to fuck things up with being naughty.  I respect the fact she was able to reel in the defiance and show to the world why she's is known as the "Queen of Pop" regarding her career. 

Also Madonna has always been nervous among her peers in the entertainment business, and I'm sure it was no difference with NFL which is a force in America's favorite past time.  :)

2 hours ago, Adonna said:

As have been pointed out... it wasn't the HALF-TIME performance she was asked to do. It was to sing at the opening ceremonies.  It wouldn't have been a huge production which definitely could have been another reason she declined other than being busy!  She was only a month in her pregnancy when game kicked off, and she would have been asked before that, so it's possible she may have not known she was pregnant at the time.  :kiss2:

This makes sense to me. Most women have no idea if they are pregnant in the first month or not. 

31 minutes ago, Adonna said:

She definitely was on her best behavior. And whiie I enjoy Madonna being naughty and defiant, I think in life we all know there is a "time and place" for things.  She knew this was a time not to fuck things up with being naughty.  I respect the fact she was able to reel in the defiance and show to the world why she's is known as the "Queen of Pop" regarding her career. 

Also Madonna has always been nervous among her peers in the entertainment business, and I'm sure it was no difference with NFL which is a force in America's favorite past time.  :)

I agree I remember staying up late at night to watch it live here in the UK on whatever website was sharing it it was a HUGE deal watching her half time show in 2012 ! Heck it helped carry her MDNA album promo massively and was incredibly significant ....despite nerves and adrenaline it was incredible ...in her 50s owning it ....I miss it

11 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

The only other time I think it could've been appropriate for her to do the Super Bowl was in 2002 after the success of Music and the Drowned World Tour. But U2 did it anyway.

I honestly think Madonna could have done 2002 BUT it would've made sense post 9/11 and that horrific change in landscape since that day 

She paid tribute on DWT to that horrifying day in history but it would've been a colossal deal to perform it at the superbowl ...just imagine that 

As for her tours Reinvention was the first time she acknowledged her hits but I do feel if she just wanted new stuff then her focus like ROL should've been push more bits and videos in Music album and for American Life to make sure each song hit the cultural g spot over and over again to ensure that lots of newer material got pushed out there 

36 minutes ago, Blue Skies said:

I remember thinking she was a little nervous in the beginning too. And gawd, I think I was more nervous for her than she was. :eyes:But, once everything started, she really settled into it all and  had a blast with it. Everything was just perfect. So youthful feeling. I just loved it.

3 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

This makes sense to me. Most women have no idea if they are pregnant in the first month or not. 

Yes take a look at the American Pie video which was filmed nearly around the time the Superbowl took place.  My guess she could have been further along than she knew being that Rocco was due in October, but as you know doctors aren't always precise.  She obviously had complications and had him in August, but we do see a bit of a bump in that video.  Still, she was very active, so I can't see why she would pull out due to her pregnancy.  Anyway, it makes sense she declined to her busty schedule with her in the studio recording MUSIC. :)

2 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I remember thinking she was a little nervous in the beginning too. And gawd, I think I was more nervous for her than she was. :eyes:But, once everything started, she really settled into it all and  had a blast with it. Everything was just perfect. So youthful feeling. I just loved it.

Oh I know that Cleopatra entrance was incredible that imagery was gorgeous the aesthetics everything was so mighty and it brought her into the 2010s massively! 

So so good and I remember so many hating on her before she performed I was just willing her to do amazing and it was just unreal the energy she put into it when you see artists in their 30s and 40s today feel like they're timing it down or basic choreo ....there she was 54 just owning it 

5 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Yes take a look at the American Pie video which was filmed nearly around the time the Superbowl took place.  My guess she could have been further along than she knew being that Rocco was due in October, but as you know doctors aren't always precise.  She obviously had complications and had him in August, but we do see a bit of a bump in that video.  Still, she was very active, so I can't see why she would pull out due to her pregnancy.  Anyway, it makes sense she declined to her busty schedule with her in the studio recording MUSIC. :)

Takes me back to being 8 when this was everywhere on radios and TV and everything ne mocking the cover of it comparing it to the original etc 

28 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

She cancelled on January 11th. If Rocco was 3 weeks premature she must have been 5-6 weeks pregnant by then.

37 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Takes me back to being 8 when this was everywhere on radios and TV and everything ne mocking the cover of it comparing it to the original etc 

Where are you located because I honestly don't recall it EVER being played on radio in the U.S. where I live, but I do suspect bigger cities did play it a bit more which is why it did as well as it did without a single. :)

• Tudors changed the title to Adonna chatroom
  • Jackie locked this topic