Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

164 more popular artist is bloody crazy though really. 

Madness

Also those daily Spotify updates drive me mad. That top 20 they post everyday with none of the versions combined. Why have two Like A Prayers, two Holidays and three Frozens?? 

It would take two minutes two combine them but instead we essentially get a top 16 rather than an actual top 20. 

26 minutes ago, mysweetaudrina said:

how does that translate into sales though

It translates into money but we don't know how much exactly cause that depends on the agreement between Spotify and Warner, in this particular case, and then, between Warner and her.

New peak: #162 worldwide and 21,1 M monthly listeners. 

I don’t think Apple and Amazon releases that data. Though I could be wrong…

Converting streams is just a big math equation. The link I posted earlier has a general description of how it works:

Q: What are TEA, SEA and SPS?

A: TEA means track equivalent albums. TEA is calculated by adding up all of the song sales from an album and dividing by 10. Thus, 10 song downloads from the same album is equivalent to 1 album unit.

SEA means streaming equivalent albums. SEA is calculated by adding up all of the audio song streams from an album. Premium streaming totals are divided by 1,250 and free streaming totals are divided by 3,750. Thus, 1,250 premium streams or 3,750 free streams from the same album is equivalent to 1 album unit.

SPS means sales plus streaming. It is a common way to express ‘units’ (pure, TEA and SEA all together).

Its good and all that she is starting to do better on Spotify lately but none of this Frozen stuff is going to make a significant presence on the charts like some people are hoping in here. The problem with her remix efforts is that they take classic and beloved songs like Frozen and make them into unrecognizable messes. She should take a few lessons from Elton John's playbook, Cold Heart is modern and up to date while retaining the magic of his classics Rocketman and Sacrifice. Dua Lipa is just some extra spice rather than making Elton feel like a feature on his own songs which is one of the things I despise about many of Madonna's collaborations. She needs to learn that there are ways to do things current and fresh without utterly butchering what made the original song a hit in the first place. 

43 minutes ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

Its good and all that she is starting to do better on Spotify lately but none of this Frozen stuff is going to make a significant presence on the charts like some people are hoping in here. The problem with her remix efforts is that they take classic and beloved songs like Frozen and make them into unrecognizable messes. She should take a few lessons from Elton John's playbook, Cold Heart is modern and up to date while retaining the magic of his classics Rocketman and Sacrifice. Dua Lipa is just some extra spice rather than making Elton feel like a feature on his own songs which is one of the things I despise about many of Madonna's collaborations. She needs to learn that there are ways to do things current and fresh without utterly butchering what made the original song a hit in the first place. 

But the thing about the "Frozen" remix is that it was organic, not calculated. It was a happy accident, a non official remix going viral. And she was smart enough to make it official and take advantage of that.

A smart move.

13 minutes ago, Prayer said:

But the thing about the "Frozen" remix is that it was organic, not calculated. It was a happy accident, a non official remix going viral. And she was smart enough to make it official and take advantage of that.

A smart move.

Fair enough but the project with Fireboy was not a happy accident, she could have actually tried to do something creative rather than using the same shitty Sickick base with nothing but some new vocals. I found the video and remix itself to be unusually lazy by her standards.

At this rate, she will enter the top 100 by June. And she doesn't even have new music out. IT'S CRAZY. 

To those saying it's crazy that there are 161 people in front of her: no, it's normal. Do you realise most people under 20 struggle to name two songs by her? I've met a lot of Americans my age, most don't know Like a prayer

50 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

At this rate, she will enter the top 100 by June. And she doesn't even have new music out. IT'S CRAZY. 

To those saying it's crazy that there are 161 people in front of her: no, it's normal. Do you realise most people under 20 struggle to name two songs by her? I've met a lot of Americans my age, most don't know Like a prayer

I say this a lot, I find it astounding if not shocking how little young people know about pop culture (and probably some other stuff too) that came out before their time. I'm a 90s kid yet even from a young age I could name you all sorts of artists from the 80s, 70s, 60s,.. same with movies and TV shows.

The current generation seems to be almost completely unaware of anything from the last century....

1 hour ago, Bionic said:

I say this a lot, I find it astounding if not shocking how little young people know about pop culture

maybe it's more common in the young generation nowadays because they are constantly bombarded with more content, but I know people form my own generation (40+) who have never heard of Marilyn Monroe and Frank Sinatra. My partner is 36 and he's never heard of ANY old movie stars, he has zero knowledge about pop culture, especially anything happening before the 90's.

1 hour ago, Bionic said:

I say this a lot, I find it astounding if not shocking how little young people know about pop culture (and probably some other stuff too) that came out before their time. I'm a 90s kid yet even from a young age I could name you all sorts of artists from the 80s, 70s, 60s,.. same with movies and TV shows.

The current generation seems to be almost completely unaware of anything from the last century....

Becuase multiple generations watched one television in one room and shared stories and pop culture. 
kids today live in their phones in a bubble. No connection to the past. Just endless regurgitated present. 

2 hours ago, androiduser said:

maybe it's more common in the young generation nowadays because they are constantly bombarded with more content, but I know people form my own generation (40+) who have never heard of Marilyn Monroe and Frank Sinatra. My partner is 36 and he's never heard of ANY old movie stars, he has zero knowledge about pop culture, especially anything happening before the 90's.

Oh come on! Knowing who Monroe and Sinatra were should be a part of general knowledge. You don't need to be a popculture nerd to have at least some clue who these people were. Marilyn was one of the top 3 most photographed and talked about women of the 20th century. 

5 hours ago, androiduser said:

I know people form my own generation (40+) who have never heard of Marilyn Monroe and Frank Sinatra. My partner is 36 and he's never heard of ANY old movie stars, he has zero knowledge about pop culture, especially anything happening before the 90's.

Imagine being dumb enough to think it requires someone to be an expert on old movie stars to be aware of the existence of Marilyn Monroe.