Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

6 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

"Madonna is the best selling female recording artist of all time" should be the opening line of her bio. I have absolutely no idea why that's written in for Mariah Carey. 

Anyway we can complain and report this mistake to Spotify?

No. The artist bio on Spotify are either published by the own artist/artist team (Mariah's case) or taken from an old external music database, Rovi (Madonna's case).

Madonna's team should and could update her bio if they wanted to. Now almost every artist use their own published bio, not the Rovi ones. They were used in the old days (10-15 years ago) for iTunes and other digital stores.

6 minutes ago, mysweetaudrina said:

except that's exactly what happened. That song would have gone nowhere without the ABBA sample.

We don't have access to a parallel universe where "Hung Up" was released without the ABBA sample, so there's no way to know it.

Of course it helped but there's no way to know how much.

5 minutes ago, Prayer said:

We don't have access to a parallel universe where "Hung Up" was released without the ABBA sample, so there's no way to know it.

Of course it helped but there's no way to know how much.

it helped a great deal specially since every other single flopped so it's not like people were going crazy for that sound.

5 hours ago, mysweetaudrina said:

it helped a great deal specially since every other single flopped so it's not like people were going crazy for that sound.

Literally everyone was obsessed with that sound in Europe, and Dua Lipa specifically said her highly successful Future Nostalgia was specifically inspired by Confessions. The other singles did not flop at all in Europe.

Well we weren't arguing whether hung up went popular because of Abba or not, we were arguing whether the Confessions era was hugely successful, which it was. Abba or not

12 minutes ago, mysweetaudrina said:

it wasn't though, only Hung Up was successful outside the US.

Confessions was literally the best selling album of the year by a female artist. Sorry was top in most countries, with a quite a few #1s, Get together also charted really well. I don't know why you are on this crusade to deny all the evidence lol

38 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Confessions was literally the best selling album of the year by a female artist. Sorry was top in most countries, with a quite a few #1s, Get together also charted really well. I don't know why you are on this crusade to deny all the evidence lol

that's ok, believe what you want.

Just now, Fabiolous said:

I believe the facts. What evidence do you have to sustain that Confessions wasn't hugely successful? 

I already told you, per Stuart Price Warner and Madonna thought it was a flop in the US, Hung Up reached number 7, Deeper And Deeper did too and it was considered a flop, the rest of the singles flopped, from my country people liked Hung Up but you could feel it in the air, nobody really cared about the rest, and I highly doubt Confessions' sales figures, nobody liked it that much. 

You said it was the highest selling female album well I did a google search and confessions is nowhere to be found:

https://www.factmonster.com/culture-entertainment/music/top-10-selling-albums-2005

7 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

Can we go back to what this topic is about; Madonna's Spotify Progress, not some member's bashing of COADF. 

Thank you.

Updated figures:

21.376.397 monthly listeners (#158 worldwide, up one place)

Frozen remix officially 40 M streams now (40,2 M)

Frozen Fireboy DML Remix 1,5 M now

Hung Up didn't even make the year end 100 chart: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_2005

Personally I couldn't care less about numbers and chart positions but this obsession with Confessions truly needs to stop, it was not a success.

Confessions was a monumental global success, let's not try to rewrite history, please. It's currently at 13 million equivalent units (sales + streaming), that's tremendously impressive for any pop star at the peak of their popularity, let alone for someone in the third decade of her career.

At the time, the Confessions Tour was the highest-grossing tour ever for a female artist and the four singles reached the Top 10 in the U.K. "Sorry" was the 4th biggest hit of 2006 worldwide and peaked at #1 on the European Hot 100, a chart that comprised sales of 17 different countries. And if you refuse to believe the numbers, here's the pure sales breakdown:

America

US – 1,850,000

Canada – 525,000

Argentina – 110,000

Brazil – 140,000

Mexico – 150,000

Asia – 940,000

Japan – 600,000

Oceania

Australia – 200,000

New Zealand – 25,000

Europe – 5,190,000

UK – 1,400,000

France – 950,000

Germany – 625,000

Italy – 475,000

Spain – 230,000

Sweden – 150,000

Netherland – 175,000

Switzerland – 140,000

Austria – 60,000

Finland – 55,000

World – 9,325,000

I don't know if you are being deliberately obtuse or blatantly trolling but you are factually wrong.

OT: She's doing amazing on Spotify. Things are setting up quite nicely for the upcoming biopic campaign.

Seeing the Frozen mix up at 40 million and her Spotify monthly listeners at 21.3 million is not something I was prepared for a few months ago after years of hovering around 15 million. Let's hope they keep the momentum building with a few other clever releases before her next album of new material. Michael Jackson is at #92 with 28 million monthly listeners so that's the next big target for her... the rest of her peers, bar Elton, she's already way ahead of...