Madonna the first female to cover Forbes.

First female musician and second overall following The Rolling Stones in 1989.

She was against this so she didn't give an interview but forbes wrote a long 4-page article. 

madonna_forbes_usa_smartest.jpg

A Brain for Sin and A Bod for Business

Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone, d.b.a. Madonna, is one shrewd businesswoman. Taking a leaf from the Detroit of old, she restyles herself almost every year. That keeps the fans happy and has earned her at least $125 million over the past five years.

SHE HAS JUST FINISHED a rigorous song and dance routine in Nice, France. Madonna Ciccone, the 32-year-old bleached-blonde pop star, walks across the stage and pretends to rough up her background vocalists. Clad in an ivory-colored bustier and trousers from a business suit, Madonna then looks out at the crowd of 35,000 fans, grabs her crotch, raises her fist and yells, “I’m the boss around here.†The crowd roars. 

This routine was repeated at almost every Madonna performance this summer, but it’s more than play-acting. She is the boss. She is the president and sole owner of a multi-million-dollar corporate organization that in peak season has hundreds of employees and operates through nearly half a dozen entities, including Boy Toy Inc., Siren Films and ****co.

She has staying power, too. While performers like Whitney Houston and Cyndi Lauper rise fast and fade fast, Madonna has stayed near the top for all five years FORBES has compiled its list of America’s highest-earning entertainers.

People who work with Madonna agree that she is a rarity among entertainers: a star who runs her own business affairs. “She has a very strong hand in dealmaking and financing of her enterprises. Nothing gets done without her participation,†says Jeffrey Katzenberg, the chairman of Disney Studios, who dealt with her during the production of Dick Tracy. He adds that she uses her lawyers and accountants and advisers “as aides in making her own judgment, as opposed to having them run her life.â€

She refused to talk to FORBES for this article, and apparently instructed her entire organization to clam up. Managers, accountants, investment advisers, dancers, hairdressers and makeup artists all refused to speak for the record.

:clapp:

Do they go into like specifics or even like a final amount? because the later is who cares lol I think they don't break it all down; I don't really follow the forbes leader.  Saying your on top (I guess at that time her career when literally it was beyond celebrity for her) she was being sassy with this idea. :P but now people view and obsessed about tour numbers like charts, who cares like I say TUTR was number one everywhere in my head, smash!

But tour numbers makes sense because that is mostly artists living these days, I guess also now with streaming.