Edit History

FallingInLove

FallingInLove

27 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I have to wonder though how can we really know what the general public think? Have we polled them all? I feel a lot of comments from negative haters often get classed as the general consensus when it’s just the portion of the public that shit on everything/everyone. There have actually  been news reports defending her with members of the public and the media  calling out the sexism/ageism also.

I tend to believe a lot more people appreciate Madonna than the Internet makes it seem. And now that the tour has sold well I feel this even more.

I tried to defend M for years. I tried to make friends and family appreciate her as a person. Most people I know DON'T like her. They may like some of her songs, but think she's arrogant. And silly. And pretentious. And a freak. ;) 

I think she's either adored or hated, as she provokes very strong feelings. Or she is completely ignored by some. (I know many people that are totally into pop music, but never bought a Madonna record). 

FallingInLove

FallingInLove

15 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I have to wonder though how can we really know what the general public think? Have we polled them all? I feel a lot of comments from negative haters often get classed as the general consensus when it’s just the portion of the public that shit on everything/everyone. There have actually  been news reports defending her with members of the public and the media  calling out the sexism/ageism also.

I tend to believe a lot more people appreciate Madonna than the Internet makes it seem. And now that the tour has sold well I feel this even more.

I tried to defend M for years. I tried to make friends and family appreciate her as a person. Most people I know DON'T like her. They may like some of her songs, but think she's arrogant. And silly. And pretentous. And a freak. ;) 

I think she's either adored or hated, as she provokes very strong feelings. Or she is completely ignored by some. (I know many people that are totally into pop music, but never bought a Madonna record). 

Important Information

Terms of Use