Most ridiculous things "fans" say about Madonna

Melrose95

Another thing is when a snippy gay goes "she's not relevant" when discussing MadonnaFirst off who died and made you God and the judge of all things relevantShe may not be relevant to YOU, and if you were never a fan of hers, she was never relevant to you. But to say that she's not relevant to her fans and people all across the world, who the hell are you to be the arbiter of what's relevant or not.

One thing that really makes me tremble to the core is:

"Madonna and Britney have been friends for like ever! They meet often and spend the night braiding each other's hair and talking about boys! These two need to collaborate once again". I mean, we know they are not enemies or anything, but going as far as saying they are BFFs is just too much.

What does "act your age" mean anyway?

According to some, it's having fun carefully in your 20s and 30s, because you don't want to look like a teenager!!! And once you hit 40, stop having fun at all, because that's for teenagers. Cover your skin completely from chin to toe and pretend that sex is a frivolous activity for teenagers and you're SOOO above it.

Um Loveless Madonna is still more successful than an older artist in the last few years, so that statement alone falls under the category of ridiculous thibgs that fans sayWhat other over 40 artist has been more successful than Madonna in the last five years?I want namesCertainly not Cher, Streisand or Springsteen

Celine Dion,Kylie Minogue,Janet Jackson,U2,etc. I don't need to provide any list. You need to use Google and not be so lazy and expect people to do work for you. :Madonna003:  But just because I said what I said doesn't mean I don't still love Madonna. I have a pretty extensive folder on my computer,her whole discography (I bought the super deluxe Rebel Heart and spent $30),and everything in between. If I didn't love Madonna I wouldn't be on here. Check yourself before you check others,sweetie.  :Madonna005: 

^ Celine and Kyle have NOT IN ANYWAY SHAPE OR FORM been more successful than Madonna in the last five years!MDNA sold more than Celine's and Kylie's last albums COMBINED and the #1 tour of the year, $305 million grossing MDNA tour speaks for itselfJanet is disqualified as she hasn't even released anything, in the last 5 years, partly due to not having a record label, due to flopping during the 2000s!You shouldn't have to resort to false claims to back your lies upAnd U2 is debatable

Celine's last album sold 1.3 million ww vs. The 2 million sold for MDNAHER Celine tour/residency to promote it played 220 shows and made $133 million at the box officeThe MDNA tour played just 85 shows and grossed over $305 millionCeline hasn't had anything resembling a worldwide hit song in YEARS, Madonna had GMAYL which went to #7 on the world charts and sold almost 2 million copies worldwideOn to Kylie...

So I looked at the stats for Kylie, Celine and inactive for the last 5 years Janet ans Madonna has sold more albums, digital singles and especially concert tickets than those 3 COMBINED during the last 5 yearsNot to mention, according to the Forbes highest paid celebrity lists since 2010 Madonna has made over $225 million, including the 2013 list where she made a record breaking $120 million, Kylie and Janet never appeared on the list and Celine did for just 1 yearOn what planet have these 3 been more successful than Madonna in the last 5 years?I think I've heard it all now...

Another thing is when a snippy gay goes "she's not relevant" when discussing MadonnaFirst off who died and made you God and the judge of all things relevantShe may not be relevant to YOU, and if you were never a fan of hers, she was never relevant to you. But to say that she's not relevant to her fans and people all across the world, who the hell are you to be the arbiter of what's relevant or not.

To me the sheer fact that they're discussing relevancy of someone who's career started 30-odd years ago proves the very point of that artist's relevancy.

^ very true kesiak, relevant is another word for important so if she's not relevant/important to you then why take the time to bad mouth her online or on social media is she supposedly has no importance in your life?It's a contradiction right thereFifty Shades Of Gray is a good example, you would have to hold me at gunpoint to read that book or watch that movie so it's not relevant to ME but to a lot of people worldwide Fifty Shades is VERY relevant.Who the hell am I to declare that it's not relevant to no one in the world, just because it's not relevant to me.These stupid, snippy fags do it all the time when it comes to Madonna

On another fan forum I heard some "fan", probably really a hater and just trolling say that the younger generation doesn't know who Madonna is?What the fuck? I've heard this before by haters and have yet to see any evidence of thisI work 2 jobs and work with a lot of 16-22 year Olds at my part time job and I talk about Madonna constantly at both jobs, and I have yet to meet a person in that age range who doesn't know who she isIn fact a couple of the college kids at my one job have mentioned that she's been discussed in regards to ageism in class.I mean she's been EVERYWHERE this year promoting, TV shows and magazine covers etc.Just 3 years ago she was watched by 114 million people alone at the Super Bowl, at the time the biggest audience in US TV historyThe younger generation doesn't watch the Super Bowl?

I don't know if I'll be crucified for saying what I'm going to say,but Madonna's lack of success in the last few years isn't due to ageism. Otherwise,many older artists would still not be very successful. It's the fact that the general public is sick of her trying to be a 20 year old when she's 56. I'm not saying she needs to act her age,but the whole "trying-to-be-cool-with-the-young-crowd" act is really try-hard and that's what she's been doing for the last ten years since COADF. I'm also not saying as well that I don't love her or her music or her personality,but that's just the way it is.

True. 

Her kids are her fans :jamming: and honestly they're talented themselves.

Yes I've noticed that as well. And once again for a pop artist in their 50s Madonna is still doing well. I asked earlier if anyone could come up with over 50 acts, especially female, who've had more success that Madonna since 2010 and one member had to resort to lying to try and prove me wrong.Since 2010, we've had a 2 million top 10 worldwide selling single with GMAYL3 million further albums sold, 2 mil for MDNA and 1 million for the 2 live tour albums and RH4 further #1 dance singlesAt the time the most watched US audience in history for the SB, 114 million viewersAnd the #1 tour of 2012, grossing $305 millionMadonna herself has also made an additional $225 million since 2010, including a record breaking $125 million in 2013Lack of success? Cher, Barbra, Bette, Aretha wishEven over 40 females like Janet (retired unofficially since 2009), Mariah, Celine, Kylie (a 2 hit wonder where I live in America) and JLO (except for that one big single, but her album and tour sales are poor) wish.

The most ridiculous thing I have heard? Well there's plenty in this thread already!

What other over 40 artist has been more successful than Madonna in the last five years?Celine Dion,Kylie Minogue,Janet Jackson,U2,etc. I don't need to provide any list. You need to use Google and not be so lazy and expect people to do work for you.