Madonna Album Rumours

louis.exe

On 5/12/2020 at 5:25 PM, louis.exe said:

One I heard was that back in 2002 she was rumoured to have been working with Goldfrapp during the early American Life sessions 

Goldfrapp were approached to work on the soundtrack to Swept away. Heres what Alison had to say about it

"...Madonna and Guy Ritchie asked us to do the soundtrack of Swept Away. Will and I felt honoured, we could even watch the preview at Madonna’s house. So we were sitting on the sofa with the Ritchies, but already five minutes later we knew this was becoming nothing. We were just terribly ashamed in their place, it was sooooo awful. Only one thought was spinning in my head: “Oh my God, pray they don’t ask me what i think of this.” But of course they did. I came up with this lousy excuse “Look, I’m so overwhelmed by being with you that i can’t concentrate on the movie. I’d have to watch it on my own.” Fortunately, everything got cancelled later."

From
http://www.madonnatribe.com/decade/2003/goldfrapp-singer-bashes-madonna/

47 minutes ago, Dance_Freak said:

Yeah, but she received the track when it was just an instrumental demo! The final song came about later, with Elizabeth Fraser.

And how is that in contradiction with what I said? :)

"Elsewhere in the interview the group discuss the process of writing and recording Mezzanine, recalling a dispute with former bandmate Andrew Vowles. Del Naja and Grant Marshall wanted Liz Fraser to sing the vocals for Teardrop, but Vowles was insistent that Madonna head up the vocals. Whilst it was ultimately Fraser who lent her voice to the track, the disagreement lost the group their third member. " (source).

Massive Attack asked Madonna to sing "I want you" after a session with Chaka Khan turned into a nightmare because of her diva attitude.

Marina and the Diamonds was asked by Interscope to write for Rebel Heart but she turned it down when she realized it wasn't coming from Madonna herself. Same with Ariel Pink who babbled about it but Madonna wasn't even aware they asked him.

Edited by Roland Barthes (see edit history)

2 hours ago, kesiak said:

And how is that in contradiction with what I said? :)

"Elsewhere in the interview the group discuss the process of writing and recording Mezzanine, recalling a dispute with former bandmate Andrew Vowles. Del Naja and Grant Marshall wanted Liz Fraser to sing the vocals for Teardrop, but Vowles was insistent that Madonna head up the vocals. Whilst it was ultimately Fraser who lent her voice to the track, the disagreement lost the group their third member. " (source).

Again, they sent Madonna an instrumental early demo of the track, it was NOT Teardrop as we know it! Madonna was supposed to write a topline over it, but in the meantime the backing track was also sent to Liz, who came up with the lyrics for Teardrop and got picked as vocalist.

"In the two against one split, eventually Mushroom lost out even though not before sending the backing track for Teardrop to Madonna who was apparently in love with the track and was disappointed when the rest of Massive Attack informed her that they already had a vocalist for the song." (source

1 hour ago, Dance_Freak said:

Again, they sent Madonna an instrumental early demo of the track, it was NOT Teardrop as we know it! Madonna was supposed to write a topline over it, but in the meantime the backing track was also sent to Liz, who came up with the lyrics for Teardrop and got picked as vocalist.

"In the two against one split, eventually Mushroom lost out even though not before sending the backing track for Teardrop to Madonna who was apparently in love with the track and was disappointed when the rest of Massive Attack informed her that they already had a vocalist for the song." (source

We're talking about the same thing :).

Guest Nobody Knows Me
On 5/14/2020 at 3:22 PM, Roland Barthes said:

Marina and the Diamonds was asked by Interscope to write for Rebel Heart but she turned it down when she realized it wasn't coming from Madonna herself.

Now that’s a shame. Marina is brilliant and I think some of her songwriting is very reminiscent of Madonna at times. I’d love to see those two work together on something in the future.