Madonna Studio Vocals Appreciation Thread

Arckangel

4 hours ago, M-Dollar said:

Her studio vocals sounds like her talking voice in many songs. Maybe she just talk the lyrics in the studio and than they speed it up/makes it fit to the audio? Okay maybe not..

But I always wondering how she can sing and sound so different live compared to her album vocals. Not saying I don't like that.

I honestly believe that these differences have multiple causes:

(1) The studio vocals for every single song are perfected with a large number of recorded 'takes'.

Only the absolute best possible vocal performances are used in the final product and of course Madonna and her producers (at least theoretically) have an unlimited amount of attempts to achieve this result. I can also imagine that making multiple demo recordings during the writing and development process of a song on the one hand as a form of practice, but on the other hand also allows a better adaptation of its musical elements such as the melody etc. This allows to music to perfectly complement to Madonna's singing voce.

(2) The studio vocals often act in your head as the base reference for comparison and vocals cords are not yet strained because of the virus.

(3) The studio vocals for every single song are perfected with a large number of recorded 'takes'.

Edited by Just 4 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, madfan13_86 said:

What? "Masterpiece"? Do you not mean "Love Spent"? She sounds REALLY good, unfiltered and clear on "Masterpiece". It's actually one of my fave M studio vocals, along others like "Drowned World", "Live to tell", "Mer girl", "Gone", "American pie", "Easy ride", "X-static process" and "Rebel heart". 

Yeah maybe is a bit unfair Masterpiece is not that bad

• 10 months later...