Single Reissues Campaign - Cherish- OUT NOW

New_Boy

58 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Like A Prayer was a digital recording, so it should always sound at the same speed. My theory is that it was taken from an analog copy and not from the original recording, because that change in speed makes no sense.

Exactly. They just stuffed it up. It's a digital recording I'm pretty sure only the first album and True Blue are analogue.

Does anyone have a link where i can download the Who's That girl ep. I can't seem to find it anywhere, even the paid sites won't let me buy it as I'm not in the US. And im not buying those shitty Apple music versions. I just want a flac or wav file. 

Just now, Craigypants said:

Does anyone have a link where i can download the Who's That girl ep. I can't seem to find it anywhere, even the paid sites won't let me buy it as I'm not in the US. And im not buying those shitty Apple music versions. I just want a flac or wav file. 

What country are you in? Qobuz has many International stores and they sell HQ files, but I don't know if it will work for you depending on where you are:

https://www.qobuz.com/es-es/album/whos-that-girl-madonna/rqv69x8u5ggwc

4 minutes ago, Craigypants said:

You need to register but sharemania is like an oasis...

3 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

You need to register but sharemania is like an oasis...

I still wonder why they locked the This Used to Be My Playground threads! I didn't have time to download it when it first came out. If anyone here got it, could you please pm me? I have certainly collected all the digital editions that are out there in case you missed any.

9 minutes ago, madgefan said:

I still wonder why they locked the This Used to Be My Playground threads! I didn't have time to download it when it first came out. If anyone here got it, could you please pm me? I have certainly collected all the digital editions that are out there in case you missed any.

It's strange. The link posted on sharemania by a member, whoever he or she is, is still working. 

1 hour ago, vncsmoraes said:

Since we're discussing Celebration... what were the mistakes made on EY and Erotica?

I think because I'm always listening to music while doing something else I have a bad ear for this typer of errors, so I only ever really noticed the pops in Music.

The edit of 'Express Yourself' does not respect the original structure of the song. There are cuts that don’t flow naturally, resulting in abrupt changes. It feels forced, destroying the essence of the song. I imagine it won’t matter if you’ve never heard the song, but if you know it at all, you can tell it’s poorly edited.

‘Express Yourself’ is my favorite song, so much that I can listen to it in a thousand ways, even metal versions sung by other people. And this is the only version I have never been able to stand because it drives me crazy.

52 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

The edit of 'Express Yourself' does not respect the original structure of the song. There are cuts that don’t flow naturally, resulting in abrupt changes. It feels forced, destroying the essence of the song. I imagine it won’t matter if you’ve never heard the song, but if you know it at all, you can tell it’s poorly edited.

‘Express Yourself’ is my favorite song, so much that I can listen to it in a thousand ways, even metal versions sung by other people. And this is the only version I have never been able to stand because it drives me crazy.

I never even realized that lol i knew it wasnt the proper version from the video but I just thought it was the Q-Sound mix with the Local Mix intro. Pretty strange!

2 hours ago, vncsmoraes said:

Since we're discussing Celebration... what were the mistakes made on EY and Erotica?

I think because I'm always listening to music while doing something else I have a bad ear for this typer of errors, so I only ever really noticed the pops in Music.

Erotica had a sloppy edit in the original pressings. 

3:26-28

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I never even realized that lol i knew it wasnt the proper version from the video but I just thought it was the Q-Sound mix with the Local Mix intro. Pretty strange!

The Q-Sound Mix is a proper edit of the Shep Pettibone remix; it's only shorter but respects the original structure of the song.

2 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

The Q-Sound Mix is a proper edit of the Shep Pettibone remix; it's only shorter but respects the original structure of the song.

Strange. I wonder why there was never a promo with the mix used for the video.

21 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Agree, the Celebration edit drives me mad.

The IC edit takes a bit out of the middle but overall the edit is proportionate. The Celebration edit takes even more from the middle then needlessly, stupidly extends that end bit. The record scratch intro sound is too jarring as well.

35 minutes ago, Alpha said:

But i mean with the intro. Strange! Especially since its an iconic song and especially video!

It's not that unusual; it happens sometimes. The remix edit doesn't have Madonna's first verses, so they took them from another remix, in this case, the Local Mix. Let's remember that the video was shot for the album version, not for the remix, but Madonna liked the remix so much that she decided to use the remix edit. However, since it didn't have the spoken intro, they used one almost identical to the Local Mix.

A year later, Shep Pettibone added the spoken intro to the remix to create his Q-Sound Mix Edit for The Immaculate Collection.

Anyway, I want the full video version edited on CD and vinyl, but you can take the audio from the Celebration DVD because it sounds pretty good (a little compressed but good).

34 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

It's not that unusual; it happens sometimes. The remix edit doesn't have Madonna's first verses, so they took them from another remix, in this case, the Local Mix. Let's remember that the video was shot for the album version, not for the remix, but Madonna liked the remix so much that she decided to use the remix edit. However, since it didn't have the spoken intro, they used one almost identical to the Local Mix.

A year later, Shep Pettibone added the spoken intro to the remix to create his Q-Sound Mix Edit for The Immaculate Collection.

Anyway, I want the full video version edited on CD and vinyl, but you can take the audio from the Celebration DVD because it sounds pretty good (a little compressed but good).

Wow! I always thought it was shot for that remix!

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Wow! I always thought it was shot for that remix!

Me too, until Shep Pettibone himself said that the video was filmed for the album version, and that the inclusion of his remix was a last-minute decision because Madonna liked the remix much more than the album version (in fact, Madonna has never performed the album version).

18 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Me too, until Shep Pettibone himself said that the video was filmed for the album version, and that the inclusion of his remix was a last-minute decision because Madonna liked the remix much more than the album version (in fact, Madonna has never performed the album version).

Many fans had noticed due to the lack of the HORNS in the video version.  I do have a laugh many times watching the video when we see the horns, but we never hear them at the time.  Still, it's not a big deal because it's still epic video loved by many.

44 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

And then, weirdly, for the original Immaculate VHS release they replaced the video remix audio w/an edit of the album/7” version (with local mix intro).

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Cherish- OUT NOW