George Michael comments on the Britney and Christina kiss

Starchild

On 11/14/2023 at 5:51 PM, MDNA22 said:

The whole Britney kiss thing was a load of crap not shocking at all by 2003 or even interesting  - got to hand it to Madonna though she knew all the tabloids would write endlessly about it and be a great PR stunt from that point of view it got her loads of publicity after American Life took a dip in terms of success 

C'mon. In 2003, it was shocking and interesting to all us pop culture fiends, plus those basics within the general population.

3 hours ago, Starchild said:

C'mon. In 2003, it was shocking and interesting to all us pop culture fiends, plus those basics within the general population.

I always thought the kisses themselves in the performance were rather non dramatic and brief.  But I think seeing those 3 together like that in a rather surprising provocative performance was the news getter.  I want to say Britney still had something of an innocent girl image then?  

I agree the pop culture World was different though in 2003.  Especially before any kind of social media.  I mean the other big pop culture story that year was JLo and Affleck.  To the point you couldn’t turn anywhere and were completely inundated with them.  It’s ironic they are back together today but that seems to be a lot more low key now