question: is she started filming the celebration tour for future DVD ?

gst6662000

On 2/16/2024 at 7:30 PM, wtg1987 said:

Exactly. We live in an age now where post production with M goes on for months now - I miss the natural and raw concerts of the 80s and 90s 

I love the way Kylie usually does hers. Best shots from two nights and best vocal mix. Still very much a live show experience. 

On 2/16/2024 at 5:38 AM, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

Enjoying this tonight

23 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

she's been singing everything again in the studio since the release of the confessions tour.

See below.

23 hours ago, FraP said:

The DVD audio for the CT wasn't redone in the studio; they took the best parts from multiple shows and then slightly used autotune on the less precise notes. The same thing was done for the MDNA Tour and RHT. However, the S&S was heavily re-recorded in the studio. They will do the same for this DVD as well. As for the audio, I can't complain too much, only the MDNA Tour's was poorly done. My concern is with the video. I hope it maintains the level of filters on her face that we see in the concert screen images and that they don't use even heavier filters. And I hope it's not that for every song we will see 200 outfits, 200 different hairstyles, and editing that could trigger epilepsy, because this time I will sue for not having a warning at the start of the video... After all, they always put it in video games.

Actually not true. Confessions they predominantly used the audio from different rehearsals from prior to opening night.

On 2/16/2024 at 5:25 AM, FraP said:

The DVD audio for the CT wasn't redone in the studio; they took the best parts from multiple shows and then slightly used autotune on the less precise notes. The same thing was done for the MDNA Tour and RHT. However, the S&S was heavily re-recorded in the studio. They will do the same for this DVD as well. As for the audio, I can't complain too much, only the MDNA Tour's was poorly done. My concern is with the video. I hope it maintains the level of filters on her face that we see in the concert screen images and that they don't use even heavier filters. And I hope it's not that for every song we will see 200 outfits, 200 different hairstyles, and editing that could trigger epilepsy, because this time I will sue for not having a warning at the start of the video... After all, they always put it in video games.

"However, the S&S was heavily re-recorded in the studio." Were there any actual live parts, pitch corrected or not? And by the way, is it true the Super Bowl performance (incl. CeeLo Green's parts) was 100% lipped?

48 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

"However, the S&S was heavily re-recorded in the studio." Were there any actual live parts, pitch corrected or not? And by the way, is it true the Super Bowl performance (incl. CeeLo Green's parts) was 100% lipped?

Yes superbowl is all lipped.

I don’t believe she re-recorded all the vocals for sticky after the tour. They most likely used studio vocals that were recorded before the tour. (As per what we hear in the leaks.) Some songs they used from the live show too, eg You Must Love Me. And some probably from rehearsals.

Speaking of audio, what about the Madame X Tour? From what I recall, the show seemed to heavily rely on live autotune, judging by the fan recordings we had. However, upon the release of the final video, a significant portion of the show featured her natural voice beautifully. I wonder, did she re-record it, or did they find a way to remove the autotune and extract her raw vocals?

Regardless, I thoroughly enjoy the Madame X Tour audio, except for when she talks to the audience—it doesn't quite hit the mark. Setting that aside, I'd argue it's her best concert audio edit since S&S. While some criticize S&S for its artificiality, at least it's well done compared to MDNA and RHT, which sound horribly artificial. Why does she have such a hoarse voice on MDNA and RHT films? She didn't sound like that during the live shows.

On 2/17/2024 at 12:46 PM, Arckangel said:

Yes, at the Superbowl, it was all clearly lip-synced. For the Sticky & Sweet Tour, indeed, there are some live parts, but a significant portion of the audio was done in the studio (perhaps before the tour started, I'm not sure about this). As for the Confessions Tour, I know they used live vocals from multiple shows, some vocals from rehearsals, and in some notes, there's a bit of pitch correction (which is noticeable), but they barely used vocals recorded in the studio.

The effect is very nice because it closely resembles live audio, even though it's obviously more "perfect". On my old laptop, I have good quality audio from almost all the shows of the Confessions Tour; I even remember in which shows she sang better, I was crazy 😂😂😂

Another audio editing that I loved, besides the DWT where there's no pitch correction at all, is the audio from I'm Going To Tell You A Secret; they did an excellent job there (the video editing is also amazing). It's a shame we only have a few snippets of the concert in such quality.