LIPSYNCH

Enrico

What still amazes me is that she can sing over the background track for even just an instant and then you don't hear the "double" voice...

Like the famous Unapologetic Bitch Toronto incident:

http://mega:///#!XJZhxY5I!fLt8v1nVz4YWUroGDztBG64r8Mko2zPWGBx_Jyumi-s

Your link doesn't work Enrico ;)

Are you talking about the moment when her heel get caught with a part of her costume? :D

"some nights it sounds like, some nights it doesn't"I wonder if M decides in advance every night if she wants to sing certain songs live or if she can choose at the precise moment.I am also quite sure that she removed Everybody from the RHT gypsy medley because it was too high in range and therefore too tiring vocally, even if it fitted lyrically a lot better than Lucky star. Pity, they could have prepared something better and change the tonalities.

• 2 weeks later...

I've listened to the Chicago HQ bootleg about 6,000 times and I'd say this probably one of the most "live" shows she's done. I think the autotune is all live, she just seems to really like the sound of it (I think it's kind of fun too). Her mic is definitely on during Body Shop ("Not for long baby, show me your abs!"), plus the vocals sound otherwise so lousy in Body Shop and Iconic that they wouldn't even be decent for fake live vocals. With the exception of Living for Love, I think everything is pretty much live/live+backing track/backup singers (can't forget them!). I don't think it gets too much into the weeds of "this verse is live/this one is not," etc.What I love most during this tour is when she sits her ass down and just BELTS it out. Showing all those people she can SING. (Of course she can sing, she'd be toast after 30+ years if she couldn't really, she's a great singer in the studio as we've heard from albums and demos over the years.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz1mLONVBdc

Check at 3:09, she forgots to put the mic to her mouth...

However, once the mic goes up, her vocal gets louder, and more uneven when she goes down for the "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!" part. It's not playback, just a guided vocal (or the background singers beating her to the line). Plus Love Don't Live Here Anymore is clearly live. 

baby -.-

she's using backing vocals...when she put the mic to her mouth you can hear her voice

put the handcuffs xd

Erm yes, I'm aware of this. But using backing tapes does not mean the show is "completely live", she did the same on S&ST, many Hard Candy songs had backing tapes. In fact this started at the Blond Ambition Tour, so nothing new here...

I noticed Iconic, BIM were completely playback during my show, same for Holy Water and Living For Love except the last "I'm gonna carry on".The rest all seemed live, with heavy backing tracks on some songs!

Iconic is not in playback

she's using the autotune effect (like revolver)

same with body shop with autotune effect (and I like it more :3)

Iconic does sound more playback recently though.

And as we discussed, the autotune is just a way to mask playback vocals. Compare Revolver or Body Shop to the end of Paradise (Not For Me) at the Confessions Tour and you can tell which one is live and which one is not...