What's your favourite songs

Kazz

I would say Like A Prayer. I'd be 7 when it came out and my mum had the album on tape in the car a LOT. It wasn't long until the IC came out and mum got that too so I quickly came to know all the songs on that too, although I got confused that LAP sounded different on the IC to the version I was used to. I guess I didn't know what remixing was at 8 years old lol.It turns out though, and now I can vaguely remember, that according to my mum and dad when the Like A virgin video came on MTV (I'd be 2-3years old) that when she went under the bridge on the boat I used to dance then crouch down like I was going under the bridge too lol. #Embarrassing

I would say Like A Prayer. I'd be 7 when it came out and my mum had the album on tape in the car a LOT. It wasn't long until the IC came out and mum got that too so I quickly came to know all the songs on that too, although I got confused that LAP sounded different on the IC to the version I was used to. I guess I didn't know what remixing was at 8 years old lol.It turns out though, and now I can vaguely remember, that according to my mum and dad when the Like A virgin video came on MTV (I'd be 2-3years old) that when she went under the bridge on the boat I used to dance then crouch down like I was going under the bridge too lol. #Embarrassing

Hi Stevo

That's a great memory of the Like A Virgin video, I remember when Like A Prayer had been released in the charts it was a great song and reached No1 in charts, i will always remember when it got played on the UK Top of the Pops show i loved seeing the video and Madonna's Pepsi commercial for the video had got banned because of the use of the burning crosses in the video it was brill, Haha :)

I first heard of her with Frozen, 1998, I was 3 years old. Then when my mum went for a trip to Amsterdam in 2001, I remember she bought me Music and ROL albums.But I think I became a fan only in 2006, I was fascinated by Music, Die Another Day, Bedtime Story music videos which I've all seen before when I was a kid but I only got into them again after a while, not sure why, and also the whole Confessions era; Then I remember checking with a friend of mine few videos like Erotica, Justify My Love. :seeno: Then the DVD of the CT came out and that was my own first Madonna purchase; I guess that was the start of my obsession tbh.

Oh trust me, you are not alone!I have some videos where I was like 5 or 6 and I'd imitate the videos for Bedtime Story, Music and some Paulina Rubio and Shakira tracks! Also since I had short hair back then, I used to put a t-shirt in my head so I could have "" long hair"" hahahahahahahhaha!!

Oh trust me, you are not alone!I have some videos where I was like 5 or 6 and I'd imitate the videos for Bedtime Story, Music and some Paulina Rubio and Shakira tracks! Also since I had short hair back then, I used to put a t-shirt in my head so I could have "" long hair"" hahahahahahahhaha!!

If only there was a photo of that 😅 LOL

Like I said earlier, my first memory of a Madonna song was LAP/LAV, butI didn't become a fan until later. I didn't get into music until about 1996/7 so i wasnt aware of Erotica and Bedtime Stories at all. I became aware of Don't Cry For Me Argentina but only the Miami Mix as it was on the radio a lot at the time but i never knew who sung it. But I liked it and I remember my Dad saying what a good, catchy and fast paced song it was.I remember Frozen coming on the radio and it being described as her return. It sounded nothing like the Immaculate collection my mum had in the car and i liked the sound but Ray of light was the 1st single I bought of hers. I remember hearing this great ballad on the radio one night on some love songs hour at 1am around 1999 and fell in love with it. It was You'll See, but I forgot the song name the next day but remembered it was Madonna. I was in a shop and saw the video collection 93:99 months later and bought it with the bit of money I had. I felt for sure the song I'd heard on the radio would be on it. It wasn't but I soon discovered older songs I'd never heard like Secret, Rain and Bedtime Story. Anyways GHV2 came out in 2001 and I got it as I knew the singles from ROL and Music, as i'd bought them with Christmas money i had, plus some older ones I'd found on 93:99. I heard Deeper and Deeper and I thought it was fantastic! I remember thinking I had heard the song before but never knew it was Madonna. The next day I bought the Erotica album. Erotica was genius to me and I then got Bedtime Stories which was OK but not as great. Anyway I went from there buying all the albums, singles and some promo singles. So to answer the question I'd say I became a proper fan around 2001 when i started buying the back catalogue.

The Erotica Album had two versions when it was first released as i remember, it was due to Madonna's singles getting banned because of swear words used in the lyrics so one had a parental advisory sticker on the cover, i must say that album was the first double sided record she had done and i loved the Erotica song version she used on the Confessions tour and the Lucky star version!!