Best Live Backing Band for a M Tour?

mr00mister

At the same time I wonder why the rework her voice so much, no one praises this, many people say she always sings playback. I'd rather have her real voice with correction on the less correct notes... It was a real surprise to know that she sings Holy water live from the Tokyo recording. So much effort while everybody thinks it's playback because of what we hear from the outside!!

It was a real surprise to know that she sings Holy water live from the Tokyo recording. So much effort while everybody thinks it's playback because of what we hear from the outside!!

Part of that though is cause there is still playback, even if under the mix. Plus, with soundboard recordings, you aren't necessarily hearing what the audience hears, cause through the soundboard recording, that vocal channel could be turned up.What has really annoyed me is the overuse of autotune. I'd rather have the raw voice, even with flaws. BAT sounded like shit and she strained a lot to hit notes, but I loved that aspect of it, cause she had a lot of energy and it frustrated her (especially when she couldn't hear herself), which made her performance more intense. But her voice also crapped out on her, so maybe straining wasn't the best thing ☹.I'm also annoyed with the baby/Britney singing. You hear something like "Beautiful Stranger" or "Ray of Light," where her voice sounds like it is in the perfect range for her, but then we get a song like "Bitch, I'm Madonna" and I'm like, "who is this?" Love the song, but just don't get it.Gotta still love her though. She'll continue to make great music and put on a great show.

I mean a real bass, not with keyboards and machines...

it's the same i meant. when M plays Rebel Heart, he plays an actual bass guitar. that's why that song feels like the most honest moment on the entire show.

on the video shared here where he talks about his keyboard and sampling configuration, there's an actual bass guitar at his side.

Why? With prerecorded track you have something behind you to protect you, many effects, people don't hear the natural voice (M is often not well tuned, for instance You must love me 2008, Athens especially).

Nothing protects you... it always sounds like karaoke because live singing cannot be mixed that perfectly with a perfectly mastered backing track... when band plays it live its always more natural and better

BAT sounded like shit and she strained a lot to hit notes, but I loved that aspect of it, cause she had a lot of energy and it frustrated her (especially when she couldn't hear herself), which made her performance more intense [

/quote]Her voice is strained during the whole BAT because of the evident laryngitis (that's how they call it in TOD, if I remember well, but it sounds more like vocal chords nodules or something similar). So you can clearly distinguish the playback (Express yourself or Where's the party) from the real vocals (Like a virgin). It is interesting to notice how these voice problems are still present in interviews such as the Omnibus interview. I wonder what really happened and how they treated them, it is not just the cancellation of a few shows..

Her voice is strained during the whole BAT because of the evident laryngitis (that's how they call it in TOD, if I remember well, but it sounds more like vocal chords nodules or something similar). So you can clearly distinguish the playback (Express yourself or Where's the party) from the real vocals (Like a virgin). It is interesting to notice how these voice problems are still present in interviews such as the Omnibus interview. I wonder what really happened and how they treated them, it is not just the cancellation of a few shows..

Don't forget the obvious playback on Vogue 😉One way to get laryngitis, is the overuse of your voice. Even in the European shows, she was straining her little heart out. She had the same type of vocal style in WTG tour as well. I mean, I loved it, but her vocal style changed from tour to tour between LAV, WTG, BAT, GSM, and DWT.I want to get back to the former bands. What are they all up to now? I know I've seen Paul Pesco as the guitar player for the house band of Daryl Hall, on that show, Live From Daryl's House.

• 2 weeks later...

I also agree the the Girlie Show had the best band, but singing to pre recorded tracks is also nothing new, in the now leaked "Fame" audition tape she mentions singing to pre-recorded 8tracks, and the Club New York Boston clips, and Uncle SAMs are also done to pre-recorded backing tracks. At least they got live vocals, unlike the appearance that came later on TV where she just lip synched