Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

Why are sum saying this is A Mess??I love her working with all these producers! This is the most creative and dedicated I've seen M since ROL! I'm beyond excited for this era!

trust in her is low sadly. 

I mean MDNA is my least favourite album by her but I still have faith that she's gonna pull another great one soon! :)

She seems really focused and also the vibe I get from her IG is that she seems confident and happy about the new music.

Why are sum saying this is A Mess??I love her working with all these producers! This is the most creative and dedicated I've seen M since ROL! I'm beyond excited for this era!

Because it's not possible to write a personal cohesive album when there are 70 hundred different people working on it :Madonna009:

I'm sure there will be like one or two really great songs, not sure about the rest...I'm sensing something like Hard candy coming in the way. But still I will wait and see. I hope I'm wrong ^^

Am super excited cos’ I feel like she's being daring and experimental. And she tends to excel when she does that. From all the teasings and news, M13 seems to be all these sonically: reggae, dancehall, trap, EDM, acoustic ballads, mid-tempo ballads, ballads & choirs, dance, rap, … Despite all her IG teasings and details revealed by her co-producers/writers, we actually know nothing and there's a real sense of mystery and anticipation. M13 could be anything. But I can’t help feeling whatever sound/direction it is, M13’s gonna be insanely edgy, utterly fresh, off the hook and batshit crazy.

Billboard, Changing the Charts, Will Count Streaming Services

The Billboard 200 goes Streaming
The new Madonna album will compete in a completely different US albums chart, as Billboard will introduce a huge change with the chart that goes live on December 4th, 2014, when positions will not only be counted by the units sold but will also include live streams.

In the new formula the Billboard 200 albums chart will collect data from 1,500 Nielsen SoundScan streaming sources including Spotify, Beats and Google Play in addition to “track equivalent albums†counting ten total song downloads as an album sale.

Billboard has been tweaking their chart formats recently – with YouTube streaming data being counted to the Hot 100 singles last year – a change that clearly reflects the transition in the music industry. With the new format Billboard now hope to reflect the success of an album in a more accurate way and correct the split between the album and singles chart.

Charts editor Silvio Pietroluongo explained the new move in an interview with the New York Times:
"We were always limited to the initial impulse, when somebody purchased an album. Now we have the ability to look at that engagement and gauge the popularity of an album over time."

David Bakula, senior analyst at Nielsen SoundScan, agrees:
"Album sales have become a smaller and smaller part of the industry, to just look at album sales and say this is how we measure success is really leaving out that half of the business that is coming from streams and song sales."

I think its appaling. Just because you watch a video on Youtube or listen to some song online, doesn't mean you like them at all. It's just a way to measure exposure not success, does it even take into account how many likes a video has on Youtube? I don't think so...

I don't think it's gonna be benefitial to M at all, unless of course the album is truly a smash hit. It scares me to be honest, that she won't perform so well on the Billboard chart and they'll simply say "she's a thing of the past", even if she sells a few million albums, even if she outperforms MDNA sells-wise.

MADONNAVEVO just uploaded this... why??? :pop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NrIAQmeNwY

weird!

30 Seconds To Mars' VEVO account recently uploaded a random old TV performance, as far as I know, without any reason. So maybe it's happening on all VEVO accounts, the uploading of TV content they have some kind of new license on.

So we're done with the Xfactor rumor, she snubbed them :Madonna031:

https://metro.co.uk/2014/11/25/exclusive-simon-cowell-reveals-madonnas-x-factor-snub-as-he-teases-new-american-show-4961455/

He’s used to getting what he wants, but Simon Cowell admits Madonna rejected his invitation to perform on this year’s X Factor final.

The music mogul is desperate to get the 56-year-old queen of pop to sing on stage with a finalist.

‘Is there any artist I want on the show I haven’t had before? Madonna,’ he told Metro from his X Factor dressing room on Sunday night.

‘Will she be on the final? I don’t think so. But always next year. We always send an invite out.’

Giovanni Bianco posted an intriguing picture on his IG...

http://instagram.com/p/vxBLygifTL/?modal=true

EDIT: Its just another stock photo

Why are they doing this???? :suffer:

these stock photos are horrendous. Especially this M with random red squares?  :confused:

I wonder why he's doing it too. Everything on is Instagram looks pretty and stylish but these Madonna related ones look awful.