Celebrities talk about Madonna

NowRadiate

Kim Wilde on Madonna

https://www.wilde-life.com/articles/2007/kim-wilde-madonna-pays-a-high-price

Billboard Magazine recently stated that Madonna's "Confessions on a dance floor" tour was the most successful tour of a solo female artist ever. You are among Madonna's rolemodels and with that have also affected her career. Do you sometimes wish your career would have run still somewhat longer or still more successfully?
No. I am really very happy that it has turned out the way it has. It wouldn't have fit my person. I am glad to go on the streets without bodyguards. I bring my children to school like any other parent, I get them back and I go to parents night. It is a high price, Madonna has to pay for her success and that I don't like at all.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

groovyguy

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7415477/sky-ferreira-response-la-weekly-sexist-article-madonna   Sky Ferreira Responds to Sexist 'L.A. Weekly' Column, Shares Photo With Madonna   Last Friday (June 17), L.A. Weekly ran an online column about critically acclaimed alt-pop artist Sky Ferreira, which was roundly criticized throughout the media world for being sexist. The piece -- which spent an unnerving amount of words describing her breasts and comparing them to Madonna’s -- garner

groovyguy

Flashback:  Here’s what five producers have to say about the overlooked musician Madonna Ciccone:   NILE RODGERS “People don’t give Madonna the real respect and credit that she’s due. She is the single hardest working person I’ve ever worked with, and I’ve worked with literally hundreds of stars. Madonna shows up early, stays late, she’ll do every single task you want her to do and more. She’s the kind of person that you dream about.†(source MTV UK)   STUART PRICE “Sheâ

groovyguy

Madonna and Kevin Costner Make Up https://www.entertainmentwise.com/madonna-and-kevin-costner-make-up/   Kevin Costner has revealed how Madonna apologized for mocking him on film in her 1991 documentary, ?Truth Or Dare?.   The actor admits he was ?embarrassed? and ?hurt? by the scene showing him telling Madge backstage during the Blond Ambition tour that her show was ?neat? only for the singer to shove her finger down her throat and say, “Anybody who says my show is ‘neat’ has to goâ€

^ Kim Wilde is one of her role models?

That's news to me!

Madonna has never even MENTIONED her abd Madonna came out a few years before her.

actually Kim's self entitled album was released in 1981...

Singles from Kim Wilde

[*]"Kids in America" / "Tuning In Tuning On"

Released: February 1981

[*]"Chequered Love" / "Shane"

Released: May 1981

[*]"Water on Glass" / "Boys"

Released: July 1981

just sayin.. 

Stevie Nicks on Madonna

Stevie Nicks on Madonna/Britney kiss: "the most obnoxious moment in television history"

AP | September 19, 2003 | By Nui Te Koha 

Posted on 9/19/2003

Britney kiss angers Nicks

STEVIE Nicks rates the notorious Madonna-Britney kiss as the most obnoxious television moment ever.

"First of all, Madonna is too old to be kissing someone who is 22," the Fleetwood Mac singer told the Herald Sun.

"And Britney should be smarter than that. Hopefully, she will figure a way out of this hole she has dug for herself."

Original rock chick Nicks, 55, said Spears and Christina Aguilera should wear more clothes and try writing decent songs.

"I personally have never been to a strip club, but I turn on MTV and see in every single video what it must be like to be at a strip club," Nicks said.

"I think the mystery is gone, and if you have no mystery, then you aren't even sexy.

"Real sexuality and sensuality is in the music, and all these girls, vis-a-vis, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and on and on, should go back to writing songs and start over because it won't last and they won't last.

"When they are 55, they won't be around and that's sad because I think a lot of those girls are very talented. But they are signing their own death warrants."

Nicks was appalled by Madonna's publicity stunt kiss with Spears at the recent MTV Awards.

"I thought it was the most obnoxious moment in television history," she said.

"Madonna will be fine. Madonna is Madonna. She does what she wants. She will get over this. But will Britney get over it? I don't know."

Nicks revealed Madonna asked Jennifer Lopez to be in the smoochy routine, but J.Lo told Madge to kiss something else.

Nicks is the ultimate rock survivor, weathering drug addictions, depression and a tumultuous relationship with Lindsey Buckingham.

The Associated Press

Morrissey on Madonna

Morrissey's hate-list includes meat, a reunion of the Smiths, Harvest Records and hecklers. Now he's added the Brit Awards to his file. 

The veteran British singer and songwriter has unleashed a mighty-rant at the annual Brit Awards, and dished some venom for the BBC, the Mercury Prize, Cheryl Cole, this year's show hosts Ant & Dec and reality TV in general. He's also managed to give a solid kicking to Madonna and her "frightening career."

Morrissey Slams Harvest Records As 'Cheap', Details 'Mutual Mistrust'

Morrissey's essay comes in at 1,300 words, but it's well worth a read. Here's a sample: "At its most honest, the Brit Awards are unfairly given to singers who, it is hoped, might be encouraged enough by the award to actually write a good song. Just as the Mercury Prize lands like a voodoo doll in the hands of the unlucky recipient (who is usually to be found selling mattresses ten months later), a Brit Award generally goes to a lot of shriveled young souls who have not earned it, yet none are likely to ask "are you sure I deserve it?"

And on Madonna, or MacDonna as he calls her (remember, he hates meat), Moz notes she "had had a quiet 2014 (but who is quite usefully about to release her new album!), yet here she is again promoting her frightening career on the Brit Awards even though her music has not ever said anything at all about British life." Madonna will perform at the Feb. 25 Brit Awards for the first time in 20 years. "Just as the Brits launch party highlighted a song that reached no higher than number 62 on the UK chart," he adds, "it really is your own fault if you believe that this Awards show has any connection to anything other than the junk propaganda of the strongest labels gathering to share out awards for their own artists whom they plan to heavily promote in 2015."

And there's this nugget: "In the guise of serving the public, the Brit Awards have hi-jacked modern music in order to kill off the heritage that produced so many interesting people, to such a degree that we could not imagine anyone who has ever truly affected the course of British music to be on stage at the 02 collecting a deserved award. The maximum trimmings divert your attention from the fact thatTaylor Swift has nothing to do with Coventry or Wrexham." 

Morrissey Q&A: Moz Discusses New Music, the Beatles and the Danger of Hospital Food

Morrissey's beef is addressed under the title "music awards are none of your business." It's a play on the name of his most recent studio album, World Peace is None of Your Business, a recording over which Morrissey waged war with his former U.S. label Harvest. 

The former Smiths frontman's diatribe-in-full can be read here on the fansite True to You. Earlier this month, Morrissey used the Website to announce he'd canned a show in Iceland due to "their cannibalistic flesh-eating bloodlust". 

^ the Morrissey slam was talked about months ago. It's a shame because the guy had so much talent and now he's famous for talking badly about other performers. Not coolStill haven't seen any evidence that Kim Wilde has inspired Madonna or that Madonna even knows of her existence on planet earth.

Stevie Nicks, Annie Lenox, Morrisey.. all those twats. What a group of people. 

When Madonna said on Instagram that she misses when artists stuck up for each other, Im like... bitch wtf?? When did they? Pretty much every contemporary of yours has thrown you under the bus several times.

Jason Dundas on his interview with Madonna earlier this year.

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-morning-show/video/watch/29183520/jason-dundas-crazy-interview-with-madonna/#page1

He revealed: 

- he had never bought any of her albums before interviewing her

- she arrived 2 hours late

- when he walked into the room she was lying upside down on her chair singing lullabys to herself (Posted Image )

- she told him after his first 3 questions to ask something better "jason these are so boring ask me something else"

- she didn't respond when he asked her about her dating life so he then asked her to marry him

- at the end of the interview he asked something too risque and her manager came in and said the interview had to end. he wouldn't reveal what he asked her.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Jenny McCarthy remembers that time she crashed Madonna's Oscar party

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/05/jenny-mccarthy-remembers-crashing-list-hollywood-party?hootPostID=f29893c1d1efc722f63a5c556bd0f731

McCarthy recalls the night she crashed Madonna’s Oscar after-party at Guy Ritchie’s place (though the year can’t exactly be nailed down because â€“ as she confesses â€“ there was plenty of alcohol flowing that night). McCarthy and her friends showed up to the shindig and, though they weren’t originally on the list, managed to make their way in and have â€œone of the greatest nights ever†– with only a few minor bumps along the way.

For the full narrative, check out the video @ http://bcove.me/jrhkkhn1

Don McLean loves Madonna's cover of #AmericanPie "She's an artist for the 20th & the 21st century.She's magnificent"

http://www.berkshireeagle.com/berkshiresweek/ci_28594666/take-five-five-questions-don-mclean

Q. A few years ago, Madonna covered "American Pie." I'm sure you've heard it. What did you think of it?

A. I loved it. I thought it was outstanding. I thought Madonna did a great job with it. To me, she's an artist for the 20th and the 21st century. She's magnificent.

Taylor Swift confirms she will collaborate with Madonna again
In the September issue of Vanity Fair, Taylor Swift explains why it really bothered her that blogs pitted her star-studded video for “Bad Blood†against Madonna’s “Bitch, I’m Madonnaâ€â€¦

I felt so much resentment that they would take two women who made ambitious music videos and use that as a qualifying factor to comparing and contrasting them.
I hated that because Madonna and I have gotten along and been fans of each other and performed together [at the iHeartRadio Awards in March], and I didn’t want to see that, and there was nothing I could do, and there’s nothing she could do, because that’s the way the world works right now.

As if to make clear that there is no animosity between them, Taylor Swift talks about the extremely cordial interactions she had with Madonna backstage before the iHeartRadio Awards performance…

She put jewelry on me before we went onstage.
When I went into her dressing room, I complimented this candle and this diffuser she had, because her dressing room smelled like a magical woodland forest.
A week later, I get this box in the mail, and she had sent me the same diffuser, and all these essential oils, and the exact candle I had complimented.
Madonna and I will collaborate again and then [the media] will realize there was no weird tension or competitive factor.

Nicole Kidman on meeting Madonna at the Oscars
Several of Kidman’s high-profile gowns have been displayed in Costume Institute exhibits, including the bias cut gold lamé Christian Dior Haute Couture dress she wore to the 2000 Oscars.

Here’s what she told Fashionista about that night…
I remember just being so excited to wear [the gown to the Oscars]. And then I remember Madonna coming up to me at the after party — and I was, you know, still very new to everything — and saying ‘best dressed! Best dressed!’

Morrissey on Madonna

Morrissey's hate-list includes meat, a reunion of the Smiths, Harvest Records and hecklers. Now he's added the Brit Awards to his file. 

The veteran British singer and songwriter has unleashed a mighty-rant at the annual Brit Awards, and dished some venom for the BBC, the Mercury Prize, Cheryl Cole, this year's show hosts Ant & Dec and reality TV in general. He's also managed to give a solid kicking to Madonna and her "frightening career."

Morrissey Slams Harvest Records As 'Cheap', Details 'Mutual Mistrust'

Morrissey's essay comes in at 1,300 words, but it's well worth a read. Here's a sample: "At its most honest, the Brit Awards are unfairly given to singers who, it is hoped, might be encouraged enough by the award to actually write a good song. Just as the Mercury Prize lands like a voodoo doll in the hands of the unlucky recipient (who is usually to be found selling mattresses ten months later), a Brit Award generally goes to a lot of shriveled young souls who have not earned it, yet none are likely to ask "are you sure I deserve it?"

And on Madonna, or MacDonna as he calls her (remember, he hates meat), Moz notes she "had had a quiet 2014 (but who is quite usefully about to release her new album!), yet here she is again promoting her frightening career on the Brit Awards even though her music has not ever said anything at all about British life." Madonna will perform at the Feb. 25 Brit Awards for the first time in 20 years. "Just as the Brits launch party highlighted a song that reached no higher than number 62 on the UK chart," he adds, "it really is your own fault if you believe that this Awards show has any connection to anything other than the junk propaganda of the strongest labels gathering to share out awards for their own artists whom they plan to heavily promote in 2015."

And there's this nugget: "In the guise of serving the public, the Brit Awards have hi-jacked modern music in order to kill off the heritage that produced so many interesting people, to such a degree that we could not imagine anyone who has ever truly affected the course of British music to be on stage at the 02 collecting a deserved award. The maximum trimmings divert your attention from the fact thatTaylor Swift has nothing to do with Coventry or Wrexham." 

Morrissey Q&A: Moz Discusses New Music, the Beatles and the Danger of Hospital Food

Morrissey's beef is addressed under the title "music awards are none of your business." It's a play on the name of his most recent studio album, World Peace is None of Your Business, a recording over which Morrissey waged war with his former U.S. label Harvest. 

The former Smiths frontman's diatribe-in-full can be read here on the fansite True to You. Earlier this month, Morrissey used the Website to announce he'd canned a show in Iceland due to "their cannibalistic flesh-eating bloodlust". 

Oh Morissey... Next time I'm out having dinner I'll order steak in your honour. Medium-rare please. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jennifer Lopez Interview: Photographs Of Madonna, Divorce Therapy Of A Tour And Why It Has To Be Perfect, Every Night

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/10/21/jennifer-lopez-dance-again_n_8348168.html

Madonna’s jogging never went unnoticed, with pictures of her running in the park, often surrounded by bodyguards, going round the world. Boy George recently told HuffPostUK that he used to laugh at the pop superstar’s tireless exercise regime “and now I jogâ€.

One young girl in particular used to pore over those photographs of Madonna at her home in New York’s Bronx. Now she’s a superstar in her own right, she credits those early images for inspiring her to follow her dream.

Jennifer Lopez tells HuffPostUK: “It was all about Madonna for me. She inspired me to want to sing, to dance, to work hard. I saw those pictures of her running in the park, training, and I thought, that’s what I need to be doing.

“I’m a girl living in the Bronx at this point. I’ve never seen the inside of a gym, but I thought, I’m going to find myself a track. It wasn’t a moment on stage that did it, it was a picture of Madonna in the park.â€

Posted Image

One of the pictures of Madonna jogging that inspired young Jennifer Lopez to do her thing

Jennifer Lopez Interview: Photographs Of Madonna, Divorce Therapy Of A Tour And Why It Has To Be Perfect, Every Night

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/10/21/jennifer-lopez-dance-again_n_8348168.html

Madonna’s jogging never went unnoticed, with pictures of her running in the park, often surrounded by bodyguards, going round the world. Boy George recently told HuffPostUK that he used to laugh at the pop superstar’s tireless exercise regime “and now I jogâ€.

One young girl in particular used to pore over those photographs of Madonna at her home in New York’s Bronx. Now she’s a superstar in her own right, she credits those early images for inspiring her to follow her dream.

Jennifer Lopez tells HuffPostUK: “It was all about Madonna for me. She inspired me to want to sing, to dance, to work hard. I saw those pictures of her running in the park, training, and I thought, that’s what I need to be doing.

“I’m a girl living in the Bronx at this point. I’ve never seen the inside of a gym, but I thought, I’m going to find myself a track. It wasn’t a moment on stage that did it, it was a picture of Madonna in the park.â€

Posted Image

One of the pictures of Madonna jogging that inspired young Jennifer Lopez to do her thing

What an inspired story!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...