NowRadiate

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

groovyguy

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7415477/sky-ferreira-response-la-weekly-sexist-article-madonna   Sky Ferreira Responds to Sexist 'L.A. Weekly' Column, Shares Photo With Madonna   Last Friday (June 17), L.A. Weekly ran an online column about critically acclaimed alt-pop artist Sky Ferreira, which was roundly criticized throughout the media world for being sexist. The piece -- which spent an unnerving amount of words describing her breasts and comparing them to Madonna’s -- garner

groovyguy

Flashback:  Here’s what five producers have to say about the overlooked musician Madonna Ciccone:   NILE RODGERS “People don’t give Madonna the real respect and credit that she’s due. She is the single hardest working person I’ve ever worked with, and I’ve worked with literally hundreds of stars. Madonna shows up early, stays late, she’ll do every single task you want her to do and more. She’s the kind of person that you dream about.†(source MTV UK)   STUART PRICE “Sheâ

groovyguy

Madonna and Kevin Costner Make Up https://www.entertainmentwise.com/madonna-and-kevin-costner-make-up/   Kevin Costner has revealed how Madonna apologized for mocking him on film in her 1991 documentary, ?Truth Or Dare?.   The actor admits he was ?embarrassed? and ?hurt? by the scene showing him telling Madge backstage during the Blond Ambition tour that her show was ?neat? only for the singer to shove her finger down her throat and say, “Anybody who says my show is ‘neat’ has to goâ€

Why Tina Arena believes women over 50 are still viable in the music industry

http://www.balancebydeborahhutton.com.au/belief-women-over-50-viable-music-industry/

Deborah asks Tina Arena her thoughts on turning 50 (or as Deb refers to it 49A!) in a couple of years and wasn’t surprised with her response – â€œI think women are even more beautiful in their 50s.  They radiate a sense of hope, are totally accepting of their imperfections, of curiosity, of experience, of wanting to just move forward.  Think it’s about ‘just don’t put me in a box’, and also recognise the worth of a spirit that has lived a journeyâ€.

Tina believes we should embrace and celebrate ageing and not fall victim to ageism – especially in the music industry where the maturity of women is not seen as viable or relevant. Just look at women like Madonna who have a fabulous story to tell and should be heard. Break out of those boxes!

• 3 weeks later...

Sky Ferreira Responds to Sexist 'L.A. Weekly' Column, Shares Photo With Madonna

Posted Image
Last Friday (June 17), L.A. Weekly ran an online column about critically acclaimed alt-pop artist Sky Ferreira, which was roundly criticized throughout the media world for being sexist. The piece -- which spent an unnerving amount of words describing her breasts and comparing them to Madonna’s -- garnered an apology from its publisher the next day. Now, the artist herself has weighed in. 

On June 19, Ferreira Instagrammed a photo of her with Madonna, along with a caption mocking the article, but acknowledging L.A. Weekly’s apology:

• 2 weeks later...

'Star Trek Beyond' Actress Sofia Boutella on Going From Madonna's Backup Dancer to Big-Budget Movies

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-trek-beyond-actress-sofia-908039

...She acted in a few small films between the ages of 17 and 19 before landing a dancing gig with Nike and then joining Madonna's team as a dancer. “I remember I was doing the Super Bowl,†said Boutella, “and I told Madonna, ‘I think I am not going to keep dancing anymore… Even if it takes two years, I need to stop now. I’m done.†Boutella said Madonna supported her decision, worried that she would go a long time without work, but admired her vehemence in following her dreams.

Posted Image

Here's Why Amber Rose Really Wants Madonna on Her Talk Show

Let's talk about sex baby!

Before Amber Rose started to sing the famous Salt-N-Pepa single at Monday night's Hip Hop Honors, the talk-show host couldn't help but express how proud she was of her new gig on VH1.

The model and author also revealed her dream guest who knows a thing or two about s-e-x.

"Madonna because she's so unapologetic," she told E! News on the red carpet. "She always has been and she doesn't give a s--t about what anybody says and she's very sex positive."

Amber continued, "I love how when people talk about her negatively, she kind of just comes back and does the same thing again just to piss people off and that's so my personality so I love her."

Read more @ http://www.eonline.com/news/779454/here-s-why-amber-rose-really-wants-madonna-on-her-talk-show

Cirque du Soleil director Michel Laprise talks about working with Madonna"

Full Article @ http://www.washingtonblade.com/2016/07/14/cirque-du-soleil-director-reflects-zig-zagging-career/

Recently, Laprise shared thoughts via phone from Montréal where he’s based about “Kurios,†Cirque du Soleil and Madonna, whom he calls M.

No. I’d like to hear about working with Madonna.

Before working with Madonna in 2012, I presented my ideas to her manager. He liked them so he took me to her. She appeared in the room. I told her my thoughts and she was smiling as I spoke. Then she asked me to listen to “Give Me All Your Luvin’†the first track of her then-new album “MDNA.†M’s hands were shaking a little bit as we listened. So I thought that if after 30 years she’s still nervous to show new work, then this is somebody who really cares about what they’re doing. I knew then that I wanted to work her.  For the first week of rehearsals for “MDNA,†M hurt her ankle and broke her little finger. I asked to slow down pace. She said, “No Michel.†That’s the job. It’s like going to war with her. She thinks like an acrobat. Her work ethic is incredible. She’s also very demanding but it’s nothing I wouldn’t expect from a woman of that level. She never yelled at me. The only time she raised her voice during rehearsal was when the schedule wasn’t allowing her to see her kids. Despite the pressure on her, she was calm and focused with brilliant sense of humor. She teases me about my (French Canadian) accent which is less strong now than it was. I don’t do a lot of pop music shows, but I’d definitely like to work with her again. We stay in touch. She sent me flowers on my birthday.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/magazine-feature/7438888/how-to-dance-in-heels-music-artists?utm_source=twitter

Posted Image

To keep Madonna and her backup dancers on their feet in an assortment of Prada and Miu Miu heels, stylist Phillips  relies on heel pads, gel pads and insoles.

PRACTICE (AND LACES) MAKES PERFECT

Arianne Phillips, Madonna's long-time stylist, has relied on Miu Miu and Prada, and has a good sense of what works for the most active sections of the show. Sneakers, naturally, are the most comfortable style, she says. For other cases, "we start with heels we know will work for both Madonna and the dancers." Phillips prefers styles that can be adjusted at the last minute with lacing or buckles and stresses the importance of testing and ­breaking in shoes at rehearsal, though sometimes even that doesn't help. She recalls a particularly memorable situation for Madge's MDNA Tour: "We put 13 male dancers in high heels," she says. "That was a challenging learning curve for us, and for them!"

This story originally appeared in the July 23 issue of Billboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Famed @Madonna backing singers @DonnaEveDeLory & @NikiHaris talk new album & more

Listen to podcast @ http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/podcasts/7453348/pop-shop-podcast-donna-de-lory-niki-haris-madonna?utm_source=twitter

Welcome to the new episode of the Pop Shop Podcast, Billboard's weekly audio breakdown of the Billboard charts, hottest music news and year's biggest musical events. Casual pop fans and chart junkies can hear Billboard co-director of charts Keith Caulfield and Billboard.com senior editor Katie Atkinson every Tuesday on the Pop Shop Podcast, which can be streamed on Billboard.com or downloaded in iTunes (click here to listen to the previous episode).

Our latest show is a special episode dedicated entirely to a discussion about some of our favorite female pop vocalists. And to help us, we’re joined by two very special guest co-hosts (and incredible singers): Donna De Lory and Niki Haris!

In the Pop Shop Podcast, De Lory and Haris talk about their new music, what songs their album might include, memories of working with Madonna and how they aim to stage some live performances down the road. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Designer @ItsJeremyScott on working with Madonna & CL, meeting his idol Dolly Parton http://blbrd.cm/auD1zV 

... the second person I started dressing was Madonna. I dressed her since very, very early on. It was wonderful to bring her last year with me to the Met and dress her for such a high profile event and to do her tour this year. Her favorite outfit was the crystal fringe crazy concoction that she wore for the finale of the show. It was amazing to do and amazing to see her perform at Madison Square Garden [on her Rebel Heart Tour]. That was the second person I ever dressed and that was the second concert I ever went to. I saw Madonna actually at Madison Square Garden when I was in college and my friend won two tickets from the radio station, like Hot 95, and we went and saw The Girlie Show. For me to end up dressing the first two people that I went to see in concert is kind of mind blowing.

• 1 month later...

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/14/susan-boyle-records-virtual-duet-with-nat-king-cole-and-covers-madonna-on-new-album-6191585/#ixzz4N3W4fuNO

Susan Boyle covers Madonna on new album.

Susan Boyle has promised fans she can still surprise them after revealing she covered a Madonna classic.

The 55-year-old Scottish songstress is back with her latest LP called A Wonderful World which will be out next month.

Madonna’s iconic song chosen is Like A Prayer.

‘Anyone who knows me knows I’m a huge Madonna fan and to be able to perform Like A Prayer was a real highlight,’ the 2009 Britain’s Got Talent runner-up said.

sb_digital-copy.jpg?w=620&h=620&crop=1