NowRadiate

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

groovyguy

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7415477/sky-ferreira-response-la-weekly-sexist-article-madonna   Sky Ferreira Responds to Sexist 'L.A. Weekly' Column, Shares Photo With Madonna   Last Friday (June 17), L.A. Weekly ran an online column about critically acclaimed alt-pop artist Sky Ferreira, which was roundly criticized throughout the media world for being sexist. The piece -- which spent an unnerving amount of words describing her breasts and comparing them to Madonna’s -- garner

groovyguy

Flashback:  Here’s what five producers have to say about the overlooked musician Madonna Ciccone:   NILE RODGERS “People don’t give Madonna the real respect and credit that she’s due. She is the single hardest working person I’ve ever worked with, and I’ve worked with literally hundreds of stars. Madonna shows up early, stays late, she’ll do every single task you want her to do and more. She’s the kind of person that you dream about.†(source MTV UK)   STUART PRICE “Sheâ

groovyguy

Madonna and Kevin Costner Make Up https://www.entertainmentwise.com/madonna-and-kevin-costner-make-up/   Kevin Costner has revealed how Madonna apologized for mocking him on film in her 1991 documentary, ?Truth Or Dare?.   The actor admits he was ?embarrassed? and ?hurt? by the scene showing him telling Madge backstage during the Blond Ambition tour that her show was ?neat? only for the singer to shove her finger down her throat and say, “Anybody who says my show is ‘neat’ has to goâ€

Lionel Richie: Nobody will stand the test of time, unlike Madonna and Michael Jackson

http://www.localsyr.com/story/d/story/lionel-richie-miley-cyrus-and-justin-biebers-hits/26657/9JNd0L6bCk6xH9We7bjhYQ

Lionel Richie is convinced nobody will remember songs by Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber in years to come.

The "Hello" hitmaker is adamant pop stars who favor popularity and notoriety over quality of music will not stand the test of time, unlike artists like Michael Jackson and Madonna.

He tells the London Evening Standard, "The beautiful part of where we were - we had shock value. But what came with shock value was hit after hit after hit. Madonna was outrageous - but she had a catalog of music that was unbelievable.

"At the end of all the theatrics with Michael (Jackson), he had nothing but the most fabulous catalog. Now, we've got a lot of theatrics... but where's the song that is going to stick around forever?... Twenty years from now, let's take anybody - where's the body of work? I'm going to judge you not by your popularity but by your longevity, your staying records. I'm thinking about Miley, Justin Bieber.

"We've made amateur music mainstream. There's a difference between a stylist and a singer. Everybody can sing! Go to karaoke, there are some guys seriously singing their a**es off! But do they have a unique voice, or distinct voice?"

When I saw the MDNA tour stage personally I thought the previous one used in 2008-2009 was way more ostentatious. All Madonna's tours have their details but are amazingly great and well rehearsed.

Totally! plus in Buenos Aires with the extra effects they used for the DVD, it just looked massive! 

Lionel Richie: Nobody will stand the test of time, unlike Madonna and Michael Jackson

http://www.localsyr.com/story/d/story/lionel-richie-miley-cyrus-and-justin-biebers-hits/26657/9JNd0L6bCk6xH9We7bjhYQ

Lionel Richie is convinced nobody will remember songs by Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber in years to come.

The "Hello" hitmaker is adamant pop stars who favor popularity and notoriety over quality of music will not stand the test of time, unlike artists like Michael Jackson and Madonna.

He tells the London Evening Standard, "The beautiful part of where we were - we had shock value. But what came with shock value was hit after hit after hit. Madonna was outrageous - but she had a catalog of music that was unbelievable.

"At the end of all the theatrics with Michael (Jackson), he had nothing but the most fabulous catalog. Now, we've got a lot of theatrics... but where's the song that is going to stick around forever?... Twenty years from now, let's take anybody - where's the body of work? I'm going to judge you not by your popularity but by your longevity, your staying records. I'm thinking about Miley, Justin Bieber.

"We've made amateur music mainstream. There's a difference between a stylist and a singer. Everybody can sing! Go to karaoke, there are some guys seriously singing their a**es off! But do they have a unique voice, or distinct voice?"

I agree 100%.

What bothers me the most about the current scene is the emphasis on people who "can sing". Some of the best artists in the world weren't conventional singers. They had way more important talents. But since true artists are risky and hard to manage, I suppose the industry being so coorporate these days wants to promote this idea on people's heads that all that matters is how well someone can sing and not what they have to say or how revolutionary their ideas are.

In the latest issue of Q magazine, Aphex Twin, also known as Richard D. James, explained his theory about very famous musicians, describing them as “mentally ill†with insecurity issues…

"I actually really like pop music but it’s all the other stuff that goes with it. I think you have to be mentally ill to be really famous. I’m only partially mentally ill, because I’m semi-famous! But if you’re like Madonna, then you’re properly mentally ill, basically. Because you have to be. I have hung around with enough famous people to realise they’ve got a serious insecurity problem."

Happy Birthday to Gwen Stefani!

She once said this about Madonna: ""Madonna's had us over to dinner and stuff, and she's always been very nice to me. I remember telling Madonna I was going to do an '80s dance record, and she rolled her eyes, because I think when you've lived through it like she did, she's like, 'Whatever.' But a lot of my influence came from her early work, like directly, like a Xerox. Some people say that I copy her. But show me one girl my age who was not influenced by her."

Posted Image

Mary Lambert on Madonna
Ok tell us about working with Madonna.
We spent a lot of time together! We had a lot of rehearsing to do, and we were just trying to figure out how to orchestrate the whole thing. I think the producers of the Grammys put it all together. They didn’t tell me until the last minute because they knew I would tell everybody, because I don’t know how to keep my mouth shut!

I was at a Starbucks when I found out. I checked my email and was like, “Holy shit!†We had four rehearsals together, and we really hit it off! I feel like we’re not best friends, but if we were at the same house party and she had an extra beer, I would be the one she would give her extra beer to.

What are your memories of the actual Grammy performance?
It was beautiful, I feel like it was the exact right time for all of it to happen. I was an emotional wreck leading up to it as a member of the gay community, just how impactful the performance was going to be. It meant so much to me being a lesbian. It was also a time for me when I was just about to leave the Macklemore tour and do my own thing with the making of the record, and so that was the final chapter.

It was one of the last times that I sung with the guys, so it was like two years I spent with this family… it was a really emotional couple of days. It was actually at the dress rehearsal where I was crying because I couldn’t get through the song, and Madonna had her cut-off leather gloves on and she comes over and wipes the tears off my face. I stopped breathing, I freaked out. I haven’t washed my face since!

Taylor Swift: “Like a Prayer†is one of the greatest pop songs of all time
Taylor Swift revealed the title of her new album “1989″ back in August and said that the record is her first true pop album – inspired by the music of her birth year that she has recently re-discovered.

During an interview with KISS FM (UK) she explained what the influence was behind the album.

Here’s a transcript …

"I have a few artists in the late eighties who I think made the most incredible, bold, risky decisions as far as pop music goes. They were really ahead of their time, like Annie Lennox and what Madonna was doing in the late eighties.
[Like a Prayer] is legitimately one of the greatest pop songs of all time."

Ellen Degeneres on Madonna

“Before it was really official that I was coming out, it was rumored that I was coming out on my show,†Degeneres explained. “I had never had that much media attention, and it was really scary for me. And Madonna called me out of the blue — we had never met — I just all of a sudden get a call saying ‘It’s Madonna, and I just wanna say that I’m behind you, I’m with you, I support you.’†- @theellenshow #madonna #theellenshow #ellendegeneris #queens #love #support

MNEK: Madonna is cool, lovely, motherly
Madonna gave MNEK a bag of lemons and some throat-soothing tea bags to help him keep his voice in tip-top shape.
The 19-year-old singer/songwriter has teamed up with the music legend on a song for her upcoming new album and admits the 56-year-old star gave him plenty of advice about how to look after his vocal chords.
He exclusively told BANG Showbiz: “She’s really cool. So lovely and very motherly. She gave me a bag full of lemons and Throat Coat tea bags. They’re pretty amazing.â€

Graham Norton on meeting Madonna
“On a recent visit to New York, I was sitting in a bar (there’s a surprise) when two charming young men approached me (that was a surprise). When they asked for a photo with me, I got one of my friends to take it and they seemed pleased.

‘I’m so glad you were nice,’ one confided. ‘The last time we were in the city we were walking down Fifth Avenue and we saw Madonna.

‘We got all excited and started to tell her how much we love her. She never slowed down — just turned her head as she passed, flicked her hair, and said, “Hi and byeâ€.’

Were they really upset? Isn’t that how they wanted their goddess to behave? Surely we want our divas to act like . . . well, divas.
Nobody does that better than Madonna. She may not be God’’s gift to acting, but when it comes to being Madonna she can do it better than anyone else. She is so convinced she is special that we are all swept along by her tsunami of ambition and need.

When So Graham Norton started on Channel 4 in 1998 she was top of my wish-list of guests, but it would be 14 long years before she was finally ready to perch her perfectly toned buttocks on the edge of my red couch.

There were many conditions. It had to be a special. Yes. She wanted to tape it in the afternoon. Yes. She wanted approval over the music. Yes. I wonder how far we would have gone? What demand could have provoked a no? I couldn’t think of one.

A few weeks before the taping I was invited to meet her at a champagne reception at Claridge’s that would be followed by a screening of her directorial debut, W.E. I waited in an ornate room with a mixture of media people and celebrities. Finally the door opened. The eagle had landed. Trying not to stare, we all stared.

Madonna made her way into the room shaking hands and making brief small talk, like the Queen visiting a toothbrush factory in Sheffield.

A woman in a dark suit appeared at my shoulder. ‘Come with me.’ My mouth went dry and we moved through the sea of bodies till we reached the shining island at the centre of the throng. A pale hand was extended towards me.

‘Congratulations on the film,’ I said.
‘Oh, have you seen it already?’
‘No, I’m seeing it tonight.’
‘Well, save your congratulations till afterwards.’

Seconds in and it was all going wrong but somehow I managed to placate her before she moved on to the next loser.
Posted Image

Someone must have taken a photograph of us during our brief exchange because I have it framed in my house. We’re both grinning, but I’m the one holding a drink and looking about ten years older than her.

I walked back to my friends and the only word I could think of to describe how I felt was ‘high’. After a few moments, the euphoria started to pass and I longed to meet her again. If this is what happens to the people wearing dandruff-drenched anoraks waiting outside theatres and studios, no wonder they come back for more.

Finally, finally, the day of the recording arrived and I was saying out loud: ‘Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Madonna!’ and there she was. It was really happening.

The rest of the show is a blur. I remember being nervous and then relaxing. We got the measure of each other and afterwards, as I was busy debriefing with the production team, I got word that I was wanted upstairs. I ran and found Madonna and her ‘people’ making their way down a corridor.

‘Thank you so much!’ I gushed. I began trying to pay her more compliments but she interrupted.

‘I just wanted to say bye,’ she said, doing her very best impression of a regular person. But then, with no words being exchanged, someone came up behind her and slipped her into a fur coat, proving she was anything but.

No friendship developed afterwards. She remained the icy star, me the awestruck fan, our worlds never to collide. And there was certainly no hint of the kind of extraordinary invitation I received when Liza Minnelli appeared on my Channel Four show V Graham Norton back in 2002.â€

Exclusive: Britney Spears' Manager Tells the Story Behind the Infamous Madonna VMAs Kiss
By Elias Leight | October 17, 2014
Posted Image
In the middle of performing a medley of hits at the 2003 VMA's, Madonna surprised everyone by kissing Britney Spears onstage. After a quick camera cut to Britney's ex-boyfriend, Justin Timberlake, who looked confused, Madonna then smooched her other performing partner: Christina Aguilera. But it was the Britney-Madonna kiss that made news.

Larry Rudolph, Spears' longtime manager, talks about what happened leading up the infamous buss, and how Madonna thanked him after "that kiss happened and the world exploded." 

According to Rudolph, "Madonna had been very, very, very rigid about the rehearsals. She was telling Britney and I every day, 'Be here tomorrow at 10 o'clock,' he tells Billboard. "She would never address me by name, she would just say, 'You make sure Britney's here tomorrow at 10 o'clock.'" Not wanting to upset one of the biggest stars of all time, Rudolph did his part.

All that rigidity paid off. After the performance, Rudolph ended up in an elevator with Madonna, and it turns out she remembered his name. She "wrapped her arms around my waist and gave me a big kiss on the lips," he remembers. "And she said, 'You see Larry, it was all worth it.'"