NowRadiate

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

groovyguy

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7415477/sky-ferreira-response-la-weekly-sexist-article-madonna   Sky Ferreira Responds to Sexist 'L.A. Weekly' Column, Shares Photo With Madonna   Last Friday (June 17), L.A. Weekly ran an online column about critically acclaimed alt-pop artist Sky Ferreira, which was roundly criticized throughout the media world for being sexist. The piece -- which spent an unnerving amount of words describing her breasts and comparing them to Madonna’s -- garner

groovyguy

Flashback:  Here’s what five producers have to say about the overlooked musician Madonna Ciccone:   NILE RODGERS “People don’t give Madonna the real respect and credit that she’s due. She is the single hardest working person I’ve ever worked with, and I’ve worked with literally hundreds of stars. Madonna shows up early, stays late, she’ll do every single task you want her to do and more. She’s the kind of person that you dream about.†(source MTV UK)   STUART PRICE “Sheâ

groovyguy

Madonna and Kevin Costner Make Up https://www.entertainmentwise.com/madonna-and-kevin-costner-make-up/   Kevin Costner has revealed how Madonna apologized for mocking him on film in her 1991 documentary, ?Truth Or Dare?.   The actor admits he was ?embarrassed? and ?hurt? by the scene showing him telling Madge backstage during the Blond Ambition tour that her show was ?neat? only for the singer to shove her finger down her throat and say, “Anybody who says my show is ‘neat’ has to goâ€

Guillermo “Huck†Diaz: I just showed Madonna’s daughter my Madonna tattoo
Last year “huge Madonna fan†Guillermo Diaz, who plays Huck on Scandal – one of the greatest shows on TV right now – went on Conan and talked about attending the Girlie Show from the front-row!

Posted Image

In a recent interview with dot429, he was asked what kind of Madonna fan he was…

dot429: What kind of Madonna fan are you?
Guillermo Díaz: Last night I was watching the MDNA tour at midnight just before bed. Because when there's nothing else on TV, I'll just throw on one of her concerts. And it's funny because all of these things keep happening that make me feel like I'll meet her one day, but part of me doesn't really want to meet her because I love her so much. I was in a store the other day when I saw Mercy, her adopted daughter from Malawi, and I thought, "Oh that's Mercy." And then I was like, "Oh my God, this is Madonna's daughter." I stayed next to her —not in a creepy way —because I was in the same greeting-card area, and then I hear who I'm assuming was her nanny and this other guy who looked like her bodyguard call her name, and I was like, "Oh, my God." And then as I'm looking at her some people recognized me and asked to take a picture with me, and I thought, "Oh, cool, maybe theyíll look over and be like [affects silly, self-deprecating voice] that's Guillermo from Scandal!" And I'll get to meet Mercy. But it didn't happen, and then I go upstairs to pay, and they're in front of me — Mercy and the nanny and the bodyguard —and the nanny turns around and goes, "You're in the movies! You're that actor!" And flips out over me. And Mercy is just kind of looking at me, and I'm thinking, "Oh my God, it's happening." [laughs] And I don't know why, but I look at Mercy, and I go, "Hi, Mercy, I know who you are"—  like, what am I saying? —and she just stared at me. The nanny was really nice and asked to take a picture of me. And then I say to the nanny that I have a tattoo of Mercy's mother on my arm. [laughs] And she's like, "Let me see!" And I'm showing the nanny, and the nanny is like, "Mercy, look!" And I'm showing Mercy the tattoo of her mother, and Mercy just stares at me and stares at the tattoo. It was crazy. I was like, what the fuck? I just showed Madonna's daughter a tattoo of her mother. 

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/molly-meldrum-never-yearned-for-television-career-20141027-11cnmx.html

Molly Meldrum’s first time meeting MadonnaAustralian Ian “Molly†Meldrum hosted the popular Countdown back in the eighties. Here’s what he had to say about his first time meeting Madonna…

"I was in the office in New York and I was given this huge lecture [for being late].I said, ‘who the f—is Madonna, anyway?’She looked at me and said, ‘I’m f—ing Madonna, and what’s a f—ing Molly’?"

We were great friends straight away.

Here’s an early interview of Madonna and Molly Meldrum…

Ariel Pink: I’m a huge Madonna fan
LA-residing musician Ariel Pink made headlines after his interview with Faster Louder spread like wildfire on the net. During the interview he “revealed†he was working on Madonna’s upcoming album… rumours that were quickly denied by Madonna’s manager Guy Oseary.

It wasn’t really the collaboration that made the news, but his negative comments.

Here’s what he initially said…
"She can’t just have her Avicii, her producers or whatever, come up with a new techno jam for her to gyrate to and pretend that she’s 20 years old. They actually need songs. I’m partly responsible for that return-to-values thing,"

In a recent interview with Under the Radar he explained himself… http://www.undertheradar.co.nz/interview/762/Ariel-Pink.utr
"Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am certainly entitled to mine. I wouldn’t call them up to go for pizza but I have nothing against either Grimes or Madonna, in fact I am a huge Madonna fan. I just see it as evidence of just how easily people are manipulated and persuaded to feel something that isn’t the case. Journalists take my words out of context, put them up on a blog and people read it. Those words don’t have the same ring to it as if you are sitting in a room with me and you get the sense of a body or a person, if you did, you would know that I don’t feel the way I am made out to feel. On the one hand people know the media skew and manipulate things, but they continuously ignore that fact and go back to it for more fodder. I don’t pander to the core public opinion and I just find it amusing."

Isabella Rossellini: 'Sex' Wasn't Shocking Because Madonna Was 'Too Beautiful, Too Perfect'
In 1992, actress-model Isabella Rossellini made headlines when she collaborated with Madonna on what was to become the Material Girl’s most controversial project to date, the Sex book.

HuffPost Live’s Ryan Buxton grilled Rossellini on her feelings on Madonna’s Sex now, 22 years after its release. In recent years, the star, now 62, has been critical of the book, calling it “moralistic†in its approach to the subject matter.

“I was delighted to be able to work with [photographer Steven Meisel] and I was delighted to work with Madonna, because she’s a very interesting woman,†she said. “I wanted to be part of it when they asked me to be part of it.â€

As for the final product, she said, “If you see a businessman — or me, an older woman — naked, there is a vulnerability. I thought that the book lacked that.â€

She added, “Madonna was almost too beautiful, too perfect … too shaped, to have that vulnerability or the sense of shock that a regular, more normal, not so professional fitted body, could convey.â€

Nile Rodgers: “Do as Madonna says. She knows best.â€
Nile Rodgers, interviewed by Q Magazine, talked about how Material Girl was much better than Like A Virgin. He also stated his golden rule of life: “Do as Madonna saysâ€.

Check his words out:
"Do as Madonna says. When I did Like A Virgin, I thought Material Girl was the best song to lead with. Madonna was convinced it was Like A Virgin. But I was like, ‘Material Girl’s ten times better.’
She taught me that it was about being a girl, losing your virginity, and how relevant a lyric like that would be. Sometimes there’s an intellectual component to a record that can trump its primal component."

Dermot O'Leary chatted about going for cocktails with Madonna
English tv host Dermot O’Leary sat down for a chat on Heat Radio with Lucie Cave this morning ahead of the release of his biography book, Soundtrack To My Life.

The X Factor presenter also shared some tidbits about the time he interviewed the Queen of Pop for the “Confessions Of Madonna†special that aired November 27, 2005 on Channel 4.

"Halfway through the interview, she said ‘What kind of cocktails do they do here?’ and immediately you’re like ‘Think of a thing! Aaah I don’t know!’ and then someone saidthey had mojitos so she was like ‘OK after this we’re going to have mojitos’.
You think, well, we’re not really going to are we. After the interview, your PR is going to whisk you away and I’m never going to see you again, but its a nice thing to say. We wrapped the interview, and she said ‘OK come on lets go!’ so fifteen minutes later, myself and my producer (who was beside himself) and two quite bemused cameramen were at a cocktail bar."

But what did they talk about?
"Oh, smalltalk. That’s the lovely thing about our job, with big stars you always find commonality, people are either ‘people people’ or they’re not and obviously Madonna is her own woman, and really strong, but i found her really personable!"

Posted Image