Give It 2 Me vs. Give Me All Your Luvin'

Voguerista

Song-wise, luv both. GI2M is pure Madonna pop while GMAYL has that catchy '60s surf-pop that I like.

Video-wise, GMAYL wins.

I know what you mean. I felt like it was something different from her. The hate for this song is ridiculously crazy. I honestly don't rank this up there as a classic or her greatest, but it was a breath of fresh air to hear her explore that sound. I try not to take songs like this so seriously as well. It's obviously one of the catchiest songs on the album which is why it was chosen for a single release. Fans who think "I'm Addicted" or "Gang Bang" (even though I would have loved to seen a video for GANG BANG) would have made good singles are just out of their mind. Surely, they are great songs, but singles are released based on reaching the general public with hope it being radio friendly. Fan favorites doesn't necessary guarantee success for a single. I enjoyed "Falling Free" and "Love Spent", and I don't think either one of them would have done any better as singles.

Theyre both great but id have to pick GMAYL bc the song is something different from her its sort of 50's vs 80s vs 2012 i thought it was very clever, bc nowadays people look back at the 80s a lot and in the 80s people looked back to the 50s a lot.And the video is awesome

I approve this post.

So true. The 80's, especially the early to mid 80's, was fixated on the 50's. I remember fashions from the 50's were sported again in the 80's and then as the decade went on, the 80's started putting it's own spin onto things.

I think why people look so fondly on the 50's and the 80's, is because it was a time the world (especially the U.S.) had ecnomically greatly improved.  Not only that, technology advanced greatly during those two decades. The 80's brought back the feel of the "American Dream" which came about in the 50's. 

I approve this post. So true. The 80's, especially the early to mid 80's, was fixated on the 50's. I remember fashions from the 50's were sported again in the 80's and then as the decade went on, the 80's started putting it's own spin onto things. I think why people look so fondly on the 50's and the 80's, is because it was a time the world (especially the U.S.) had ecnomically greatly improved.  Not only that, technology advanced greatly during those two decades. The 80's brought back the feel of the "American Dream" which came about in the 50's.

They were very iconic eras, and music evolved a lot in both decades as well

• 2 years later...