Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

New_Boy

6 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

@Anapausis thanks again like always ....

whoah sometimes this forum is like a secret service something....

It's a question of knowing each pop culture forum, their pros and cons, plus Infinity's a very established Madonna forum as a place where fans can be fans and not zombies (however this very place in between Rebel Heart and Madame X eras was more of a kindergarten of cry babies).

17 hours ago, subversive said:

I'm nervous for Love Profusion release too. I don't know why! I am waiting for it like a new album haha

a new low tbh. This poor fan base is so starved of new material that we are hotly anticipating a drop fro 20 yrs ago. 

While the tour is great, amazing, the one off collar drops have been something, (if not hugely underwhelming), I am beyond desperate for a new album. Like....I'm at the point of switching off for a while it beyond. It'll be five years since Madame X in a few months and then I'm positive we'll be into tour leg two, the live album in summer, and then LAV40 in Nov. Like....we've wanted legacy moments for years but we didn't expect is to last five years. 

I can't actually believe she has only delivered Rebel Heart and Madame X since MDNA wrapped up ten years ago. 

32 minutes ago, steady75 said:

a new low tbh. This poor fan base is so starved of new material that we are hotly anticipating a drop fro 20 yrs ago. 

While the tour is great, amazing, the one off collar drops have been something, (if not hugely underwhelming), I am beyond desperate for a new album. Like....I'm at the point of switching off for a while it beyond. It'll be five years since Madame X in a few months and then I'm positive we'll be into tour leg two, the live album in summer, and then LAV40 in Nov. Like....we've wanted legacy moments for years but we didn't expect is to last five years. 

I can't actually believe she has only delivered Rebel Heart and Madame X since MDNA wrapped up ten years ago. 

Honestly a new album isn't coming for a while still. She doesn't have a contract with any labels for new material, so she doesn't own anyone another album. I think it will come after the tour and after the movie, but not before a break. She's 65 so it's not unusual that she isn't dropping new albums regularly. Who at her age is doing it? The tour will probably last until the end of 2024, and then maybe the album will drop at the end of 2025? Unless she manages to gather the funding for the movie.

7 minutes ago, simplythebest77 said:

So, is there credible evidence that Love Profusion is on the way soon? (sorry, but this is one thread that’s hard to keep up with!) emoji81.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copyright system is hinting since August I think or July that it is indeed coming

she need to stop to search for a label and  create her own record label like the 80% of the people in music industry today do, and put out what she want when she want....

one of the biggest mistake for me was to sale her ownership % in Maverick.... 

Edited by dave2290 (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

she need to stop to search for a label and  create her own record label like the 80% of the people in music industry today do, and put out what she want when she want....

one of the biggest mistake for me was to sale her ownership % in Maverick.... 

She's not searching for a label, she's with Warner at the moment. Surely she got a good amount of money for coming back to them and she can still release anything she wants, as all the endless "Frozen" Sickick remixes last year proved.

She could have her own label and the masters for "Madonna", "Like A Virgin" and "True Blue" back to her now if she wanted to, but she chose not to and do an agreement and let Warner do the work. So maybe she got a better deal from them than having to do all the work on her own or having to find a team to do so.

Maverick was going nowhere and full of legal issues with their artists and with Warner, so she was right letting that go at the time.

@Prayer i know, Maverick was full of legal issues because they put wrong people at wrong places .... but id love the idea and if we need to find someone who is very well informed when its about music and what is cool at the moment is Madonna and trust me for me was sad when she put the record label behind her....

like with the movie W.E .... very few say good thing about the movie but ,for someone who arrive from another field, and was her first like director.... well she deserve better critics.... 

Just now, dave2290 said:

@Prayer i know, Maverick was full of legal issues because they put wrong people at wrong places .... but id love the idea and if we need to find someone who is very well informed when its about music and what is cool at the moment is Madonna and trust me for me was sad when she put the record label behind her....

like with the movie W.E .... very few say good thing about the movie but ,for someone who arrive from another field, and was her first like director.... well she deserve better critics.... 

Her label showed more interest in rush releasing extra campaigns instead of working on the ones they already had like rushing cut to some albums

2 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

In the end Maverick was a joint venture always under the Warner umbrella, it wasn't just a vanity label but its own reach was very limited and depended on Warner for every promotional effort and budgets. When everything was going great and they had the Alanis "Jagged" smash money coming in, everything was cool and perfect, but as soon as that was over and Napster changed everything in 2000, Warner kinda abandoned it after.

She could have had her own 100% independent label if she wanted to, she's loaded, but she's just no interested in it, or maybe the Maverick experience was bittersweet for her to try that again.

Just now, Prayer said:

In the end Maverick was a joint venture always under the Warner umbrella, it wasn't just a vanity label but its own reach was very limited and depended on Warner for every promotional effort and budgets. When everything was going great and they had the Alanis "Jagged" smash money coming in, everything was cool and perfect, but as soon as that was over and Napster changed everything in 2000, Warner kinda abandoned it after.

She could have had her own 100% independent label if she wanted to, she's loaded, but she's just no interested in it, or maybe the Maverick experience was bittersweet for her to try that again.

Do you know anyone with contact with a insider that can ask them this question about the tracklist or price of the love profusion digital maxi?

Just now, Would You Like To Try said:

Do you know anyone with contact with a insider that can ask them this question about the tracklist or price of the love profusion digital maxi?

Sadly I don't think I know anyone to ask that but if I find out on Pop Justice or any other forum of course I will post it here. :cute:

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW