Single Reissues Campaign - Cherish- OUT NOW

New_Boy

6 minutes ago, lennyleonard said:

This happened with Kate Bush's catalogue, when it was remastered in 2018. 

Her albums already had great sound quality (I think that the fact that she's been the only producer of her recordings for more than 40 years, and how protective she's been about her work have a lot to do with that) on CD, and the remasters ended up having just as good/even better sound than the original releases. In some albums/tracks, they had even lower volume.

The whole project was done by James Guthrie, who amongst many other things, did the mixing of... the Extended Version of Cherish, and Supernatural (which was just released, what a coincidence)

Wow! This just shows that remastering is not just making everything loud 

4 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Wow! This just shows that remastering is not just making everything loud 

Can you imagine the chaos there would be if a remaster of Confessions, Music, or American Life sounded better but quieter? Unfortunately, I'm afraid there are few 'audiophiles' among Madonna's fans.

Please, I've even read here that the remastering of Everybody and Gambler were wonderful. :Madonna034:

38 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Can you imagine the chaos there would be if a remaster of Confessions, Music, or American Life sounded better but quieter? Unfortunately, I'm afraid there are few 'audiophiles' among Madonna's fans.

Please, I've even read here that the remastering of Everybody and Gambler were wonderful. :Madonna034:

I'll show myself out the door. :cryin:

19 minutes ago, Roy said:

I'll show myself out the door. :cryin:

Oh, come on, you never said they were wonderful. At most, you said they didn't sound that bad to you. I wasn't talking about you. You have a very valuable critical thinking ability when it comes to seeking the best quality.

25 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Oh, come on, you never said they were wonderful. At most, you said they didn't sound that bad to you. I wasn't talking about you. You have a very valuable critical thinking ability when it comes to seeking the best quality.

Awwwww... you're amazing! :hug:

27 minutes ago, gst6662000 said:

they say madonna refused to include LAP to the DEADPOOL WOLVERINE ost because she's gonna rerecord a new version for the 35th LAP ? isn't is it's just the SILVER LP  without new songs ?

Where did this info come from? 

19 minutes ago, Roy said:

Where did this info come from? 

I think there's been some confusion: a new version was re-recorded for the movie, essentially a remix to fit better and make it more epic, with a new gospel chorus, etc. I haven't heard anything about her doing a new version for the 35th anniversary, which wouldn't make sense anyway.

7 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I think there's been some confusion: a new version was re-recorded for the movie, essentially a remix to fit better and make it more epic, with a new gospel chorus, etc. I haven't heard anything about her doing a new version for the 35th anniversary, which wouldn't make sense anyway.

It would be cool for them to release the new mix to streaming... but then again, I don't know if Madonna would want that. :(

14 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

someone mentioned that on a reddit post.. concerning why LIKE A PRAYER IS NOT ON THE SOUNDTRACK... gonna find that thread

3 minutes ago, Roy said:

It would be cool for them to release the new mix to streaming... but then again, I don't know if Madonna would want that. :(

Since it's a new mix for the movie, they might have only used certain parts of the song, and there might not be a fully remixed version as such. I don't know, I haven't seen the movie yet.

22 hours ago, Prayer said:

"Cherish" digital single coming at midnight, confirmed on PopJustice:

728012465236.png

01. Cherish (7" Version)

02. Cherish (Extended Version)

03. Supernatural

We'll have audio previews in 45 minutes on Apple Music NZ (praying for the original untouched mastering, "Supernatural" on "LAP 30th" is too boosted IMO).

I am loving this 7" Version. It's almost unnoticeable that it's an edit. A much cleaner way to shave off a minute than the Immaculate/Celebration mixes.