Edit History

acolyte

acolyte

Given the train of thought she seems to be on lately and all that Dita teasing it would be a shame if Erotica wouldn't be the first reissue announced this year. That album seems so relevant now, especially in terms of her legacy and where public discourse and pop culture are in terms of sexual self-expression and exploration. I'm not saying it's her magnum opus necessarily, but it encompasses everything she's stood up for her entire career in the most consistent way.

I don't care much about remixes (though I know many of you do) given almost all of them are circulating in acceptable quality, but I would kill for "Dear Father", "Love Hurts", "Goodbye to Innocence", "Shame", "You Are the One" and "You Thrill Me" to make their debut in restored quality.

Then again, she's not too keen on looking back, so her perspective of what's worth including on a reissue is most likely to differ tremendously from our expectations. Maybe it's my literature degree, but I'm all for comprehensive compilations, collecting every stage and variation of a work. Her tentatively revisionist and perhaps slightly opportunistic approach might interfere with that. Hopefully she'll find as much joy in these abandoned recordings after listening to them for the first time in year as we have had for years...

acolyte

acolyte

Given the train of thought she seems to be on lately and all that Dita teasing it would be a shame if Erotica wouldn't be the first reissue announced this year. That album seems so relevant now, especially in terms of her legacy and where public discourse and pop culture are in terms of sexual self-expression and exploration. I'm not saying it's her magnum opus necessarily, but it encompasses everything she's stood up for her entire career in the most consistent way.

I don't care much about remixes (though I know many of you do) given almost all of them are circulating in acceptable quality, but I would kill for "Dear Father", "Love Hurts", "Goodbye to Innocence", "Shame", "You Are the One" and "You Thrill Me" to make their debut in restored quality.

acolyte

acolyte

Given the train of thought she seems to be on lately and all that Dita teasing it would be a shame if Erotica wouldn't be the first reissue announced this year. I don't care much about remixes given almost all of them are circulating in acceptable quality, but I would kill for "Dear Father", "Love Hurts", "Goodbye to Innocence", "Shame", "You Are the One" and "You Thrill Me" to make their debut in restored quality.

Important Information

Terms of Use