Madonna’s BEST interview?

Ayham

41 minutes ago, Blue Skies said:

Yeah this is crazy this interview is almost 25 years old already!  It was done in January 1999.

She probably had done live interviews before but I sort of recall this being a big deal at the time and I wanted to check it out.  The Ray of Light era is when I started paying more attention to her.

Yeah I agree it was a great interview where I was mesmerized and I'm not the biggest Larry King fan in the world.  She came off all those things you and others mentioned and especially beautiful to me.  For lack of a better way to describe it she is/was the ultimate MILF to me before that word became a thing.  

I think what this interview and a few interviews before this during the ROL era is she came off much more humble and personable.  Up until this point, she built up this bigger than life persona that really didn't give many interviews without it being a huge spectacle where she was really letting down her guard.  It was a time in her career she was finally given the respect she deserved.  It gave her a chance to still do a re-invention to some degree, because this was a much more lighter side of her, where she was willing to share more of herself. I'm sure just having a baby, helped her put things in perspective as well.  It's a great interview and Larry King is a good interviewer as he has a laid back approach, but isn't afraid to ask the hard questions.

On 7/17/2023 at 4:56 PM, Voguerista said:

It’s so hard to pic the best interview with Madonna. They are all so special in different ways. Recently I watched this one with a stunning performance of Ghosttown. 

While most other pop stars at 4:40 I'd probably say they were being bratty...  when Madonna does it though it comes off very cute and enduring!  She just expects him to take off her coat and put it on her seat :smile:.  

Very poignant to me what she said about family after that.  I'm of that mind sight its true you cant pick your families but you can choose how you spend your time.  

• 2 weeks later...