Madonna’s BEST interview?

Ayham

12 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

That wig looked terrible.

Hold the phone...that was a wig?!

I've heard people also say the NRM flat hair was a wig too, which I always thought was her real hair. It looked gorgeous on Larry King/The Grammy's when I assumed it was her real hair. And obviously an awful wig for DWT.

We need a thread dedicated to her wigs/ pieces over the years and settling whats what for once and for all. Most of the time I could clock the full hats because 8/10 they always looked off (Jump/ Versace Testino/Sticky and Sweet bayang). But I'm in a tailspin now, thanks.

I really dislike Howard Stern's style. Although he is able to get stuff out of people he always does it by rushing the subject and pushing them against the corner, it's very weird and unsettling to listen to. And that sidekick he has... what's her name? Don't get the need for her existence at all.

On a positive note, I find the one with Heike HILARIOUS! Her questions are borderline confrontational but the conversation actually carries on very nicely. The highlight for me is when M says she didn't see Prince a lot while working on Love Song because it was very cold and then Heike says she must have found Iceland even colder because she barely met Björk LOL

3 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

Oprah So What Is The Truth GIF

It's not a wig in that interview.  Nor is it in the NRM video.  It is a wig however in Frozen video.  She had dyed her hair dark late summer of '98.  She had done multiple interviews all during that time.  She premiered the new dark hair when she released the video for POG and I believe is probably around the same time she did the interview in question.

1 hour ago, tscott said:

It's not a wig in that interview.  Nor is it in the NRM video.  It is a wig however in Frozen video.  She had dyed her hair dark late summer of '98.  She had done multiple interviews all during that time.  She premiered the new dark hair when she released the video for POG and I believe is probably around the same time she did the interview in question.

Yes this is what I always assumed. It's clearly her hair especially in the 20 Questions with Kurt Loder from the VMA's '99 pre show. My God, why do I know all this?

2 hours ago, missberic said:

I really dislike Howard Stern's style. Although he is able to get stuff out of people he always does it by rushing the subject and pushing them against the corner, it's very weird and unsettling to listen to. And that sidekick he has... what's her name? Don't get the need for her existence at all.

If she had ever appeared on or called into Stern in the 80's or 90's, it would have probably lasted a few minutes and been infamous. As a longtime fan of both, it was amazing hearing them finally get together when they did. I guarantee it only happened because he and Rosie became great friends after him dragging her for years. And yes, Robin can usually notoriously take the day off, but we love her anyway.

10 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

Yes this is what I always assumed. It's clearly her hair especially in the 20 Questions with Kurt Loder from the VMA's '99 pre show. My God, why do I know all this?

That is something that came to mind when I made my last post.  I thought about bringing that up too, but if I recall the video was either premiered during that interview (if not days before) or was teased. I can't recall.  I just remember being astonished by the drastic change, and the fact she actually wore a wig in the Frozen video, only to dye her hair months later the same color.

6 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

If she had ever appeared on or called into Stern in the 80's or 90's, it would have probably lasted a few minutes and been infamous. As a longtime fan of both, it was amazing hearing them finally get together when they did. I guarantee it only happened because he and Rosie became great friends after him dragging her for years. And yes, Robin can usually notoriously take the day off, but we love her anyway.

Yeah, I felt Howard would have shredded her big time in the 80's or 90's, but I can't recall was he doing big celebrity interviews back then? I remember it mostly was him talking trash and bringing on these people (some with disabilities), exploiting them and asking them to do weird things especially of the sexual nature.

I like him much better now than back then.  While he still asks the tough questions and really gets into people's business, he seems to do it a bit more respectfully.  I think he knows that he probably did some pretty unscrupulous things, and while he's not too apologetic about it, he has used it as a learning tool to be a better version of himself. 

40 minutes ago, tscott said:

That is something that came to mind when I made my last post.  I thought about bringing that up too, but if I recall the video was either premiered during that interview (if not days before) or was teased. I can't recall.  I just remember being astonished by the drastic change, and the fact she actually wore a wig in the Frozen video, only to dye her hair months later the same color.

Yeah, I felt Howard would have shredded her big time in the 80's or 90's, but I can't recall was he doing big celebrity interviews back then? I remember it mostly was him talking trash and bringing on these people (some with disabilities), exploiting them and asking them to do weird things especially of the sexual nature.

I like him much better now than back then.  While he still asks the tough questions and really gets into people's business, he seems to do it a bit more respectfully.  I think he knows that he probably did some pretty unscrupulous things, and while he's not too apologetic about it, he has used it as a learning tool to be a better version of himself. 

He started getting big music stars in the 90's. His interviews with Mariah Carey make me think a Madonna interview in the 90's maaaayyy have worked to a certain degree. Because who could imagine Mariah spending more than 30 seconds with 90's Howard? But she did.

In the 80's/ early 90's, he had Billy West before he went on to do the voices for Ren & Stimpy, Futurama etc. That and his interviews with Richard Simmons and Gilbert Gottfried were hysterical.

He and M are very different but there's a few parallels there. And he was very loudly supportive of her when she was getting shit for the adoptions which I thought was nice. He could have easily piled on but didn't.

1 minute ago, Pootz333 said:

He started getting big music stars in the 90's. His interviews with Mariah Carey make me think a Madonna interview in the 90's maaaayyy have worked to a certain degree. Because who could imagine Mariah spending more than 30 seconds with 90's Howard? But she did.

In the 80's/ early 90's, he had Billy West before he went on to do the voices for Ren & Stimpy, Futurama etc. That and his interviews with Richard Simmons and Gilbert Gottfried were hysterical.

He and M are very different but there's a few parallels there. And he was very loudly supportive of her when she was getting shit for the adoptions which I thought was nice. He could have easily piled on but didn't.

Thanks for this.  Yeah, I pretty much recall his stuff in the 90's that were more sexually exploitive, usually trying to get unique people to do weird things.

I think his early interviews with those bigger stars, probably led him to do more, and helped his reputation more.  I agree he and Madonna probably would have clashed early on, but I guess I felt even by the time Madonna was adopting, he started doing far more celebrity interviews and being more respected for his interviews.

Still, he's iconic and some of the stuff he did as awful as it may be to some, made him the shock jock he is known to be.  He might be a bit more calmer these days, but he still doesn't always hold back when it comes to asking very personal questions. 

3 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

It’s common knowledge for Madonna fans that lived through that era. She dyed her hair dark for TPOG video and had it that way until she started on TNBT.

On 7/20/2023 at 6:32 AM, Drownedboy said:

There was that 1995 interview speaking about ST2, it was a written interview, and it was amazing: she had literally no filter, commenting on Courtney Love, having been raped when she was young, on Mariah and Whitney, being cruxified like Jesus Christ...

It was SPIN magazine I believe, Jan 1996 issue.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/news/a1095/madonna-interview-1113/

Madonna by Madonna

Harper's Bazaar, 2013

"As life goes on (and thank goodness it has), the idea of being daring has become the norm for me. Of course, this is all about perception because asking questions, challenging people's ideas and belief systems, and defending those who don't have a voice have become a part of my everyday life. In my book, it is normal.

In my book, everyone is doing something daring. Please open this book. I dare you."

1624631102_harpersbazaar_MadonnaphotographedbyTerryRichardson.thumb.jpg.d970447cc4310155b1d84525ef647f5a.jpg

On 7/19/2023 at 9:06 AM, deathproof said:

Not a wig

Definitely a wig in that interview I said was a wig.

Definitely not a wig on Larry King or the NRM video.

Her hair wasn’t that long during the POG. It could be a few extensions tucked in which makes it look bad cuz her hair around that time did not look like it did in that interview on the POG set.

On 7/19/2023 at 3:03 PM, Pootz333 said:

That’s definitely her hair at the VMA’s, but clearly not all her hair in the POG interview posted above.