Steve Blame interviews Jonas Åkerlund (2022)

Starchild

I really want someone to ask him about his rejected treatments for the ROL video and the alternate edits for American Life.

He mentions that he had a few ideas for ROL that were "too grand" and rejected. M made a comment in an interview once (I can't find it now) about there being an edit where she's "spewing bile like Linda Blair". That's the ROL video I want!

She also mentions in another interview around the release of the AL album/ video where she says there's about 20 different edits of the AL video, some more extreme than what we got.

But no one ever asks!

2 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

I really want someone to ask him about his rejected treatments for the ROL video and the alternate edits for American Life.

He mentions that he had a few ideas for ROL that were "too grand" and rejected. M made a comment in an interview once (I can't find it now) about there being an edit where she's "spewing bile like Linda Blair". That's the ROL video I want!

She also mentions in another interview around the release of the AL album/ video where she says there's about 20 different edits of the AL video, some more extreme than what we got.

But no one ever asks!

I guess the edits of AL were just shaving out the graphic stuff to try and make it more suitable. But perhaps not drastically different?

As for ROL the song is uplifting and celebratory so while The Exorcist thing may have been cool it does not sound suitable for the song and image she was wanting to portray at that time. It is not hard to understand why that idea was rejected.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I guess the edits of AL were just shaving out the graphic stuff to try and make it more suitable. But perhaps not drastically different?

As for ROL the song is uplifting and celebratory so while The Exorcist thing may have been cool it does not sound suitable for the song and image she was wanting to portray at that time. It is not hard to understand why that idea was rejected.

True, I love it as is. But that also would have made for an insane twist and awesome visual😊

On 12/24/2023 at 12:08 PM, Pootz333 said:

But no one ever asks!

She talked about that at the MTV Awards. 

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

I don't remember any of this, just the regular version and the fan version?

Or is it meant to be a joke? xd

I wasn’t joking. There was footage used in one of the versions where they were dancing at the end. One girl takes her clothes off and the boys are dancing shirtless. You can see parts of it in the fan version I think.