All time favorite Hung Up Performance

True Blue 84

6 hours ago, madgic2005 said:

Definitely the EMAs and then Koko. I am not a fan of the way HU sounded at the Grammys - it was too rushed and lacked that explosiveness (maybe it just wasn't mixed well). 

It sounds great at the Grammys and she sounded pretty good to, much better than on Ema. And she looks amazing to. It's definitely one of the best Hung Up Performances. Ema is up there to. I also love koko, but it doesn't have that spark the Grammys, Ema and star academy have. 

Just now, Anapausis said:

??? The chess movements from the game played on the backdrop for Hung Up!

At the end the Queen tops the King winning the chess game.

Yes, I wondered about the number. I think she says the same number in every show, so I thought it has a special meaning.

6 minutes ago, Salida said:

Yes, I wondered about the number. I think she says the same number in every show, so I thought it has a special meaning.

Maybe she's referring to Dan Gilroy who expelled her from both his life and The Breakfast Club 29 years before 2008 - in 1979, allowing her to create her own band Emmy and the Emmies and then to become THE QUEEN OF POP.

When M thanked Gilroy earlier in 2008 at her Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame induction, he retributed the favour by leaking very personal messages exchanged between the two plus some samples from the songs she wrote and recorded by then, her very first ones, including the original demo for Over and Over. Maybe when he told her to leave the synagogue in Queens they shared he must've said to her, "I am the King" and 29 years later she said to him "I am the Queen."

Can't see another explanation possible.

EDIT: Btw, The Breakfast Club was a ROCK band, and so was Hung Up performance in 2008. She first played guitar on Gilroy's band (although in songs like Shine a Light she does both vocals and drums).

1 minute ago, Anapausis said:

Maybe she's referring to Dan Gilroy who expelled her from both his life and The Breakfast Club 29 years before 2008 - in 1979, allowing her to create her own band Emmy and the Emmies and then to become THE QUEEN OF POP.

When M thanked Gilroy earlier in 2008 at her Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame induction, he retributed the favour by leaking very personal messages exchanged between the two plus some samples from the songs she wrote and recorded by then, her very first ones, including the original demo for Over and Over. Maybe when he told her to leave the synagogue in Queens they shared he must've said to her, "I am the King" and 29 years later she said to him "I am the Queen."

Can't see another explanation possible.

Oh, wow! It could be, I had never thought about that. Thanks!

@Salida another useful info: M did audictions and then danced to Patrick Hernandez in between her relationship to Gilroy. She was a "DISCO QUEEN" as she danced to "Disco Queen," Hernández's hit by then. Where she was the Dancing Queen again? During COADF.

Before and after Hernández she was living with Gilroy who dismissed her before and after Hernández.

I guess tis the reason why she'd never acknowledge Madonna and the Breakfast Club, Guy Guido's biopic, nor the late Jamie Auld who played her in that and was quite a carbon copy of her and died suddenly to a cause of death still mysterious.

To end this issue, @Salida: Gilroy never had buried the dreams of making The Breakfast Club a famous rockband. He eventually released the band's first single through a major label in 1987 - five years after M's Everybody - and then suddenly dismembered and disappeared. They even were nominated at Grammys 1988 as Best New Act, but lost to the Shalamar vocalist girl who turned solo in the 80's.

The Breakfast Club recently released an album, after got reunited to... Steve Bray. Again no one noticed that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakfast_Club_(band)

To know more about the "success" of the "King"'s band, here's some Tribe stuff for you:

https://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2016/madonnatribe-meets-stephen-bray-and-the-breakfast-club/

3 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

To end this issue, @Salida: Gilroy never had buried the dreams of making The Breakfast Club a famous rockband. He eventually released the band's first single through a major label in 1987 - five years after M's Everybody - and then suddenly dismembered and disappeared. They even were nominated at Grammys 1988 as Best New Act, but lost to the Shalamar vocalist girl who turned solo in the 80's.

The Breakfast Club recently released an album, after got reunited to... Steve Bray. Again no one noticed that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakfast_Club_(band)

To know more about the "success" of the "King"'s band, here's some Tribe stuff for you:

https://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2016/madonnatribe-meets-stephen-bray-and-the-breakfast-club/

Thank you so much! All of this is so interesting. I wish M would do a Q&A on Instagram or something like that, where we could ask her about such topics. People and things from her past and the meaning behind some of her creations.

Just now, Salida said:

Thank you so much! All of this is so interesting. I wish M would do a Q&A on Instagram or something like that, where we could ask her about such topics. People and things from her past and the meaning behind some of her creations.

Honestly these are the pieces of the puzzle. Only this could justify an actual "Hung Up turns rockified." And virtually the whole M fandom aren't any aware of such justification, hating the performance just as Gilroy hated M as singer, drummer, guitarist - and lover.

Just now, Anapausis said:

Honestly these are the pieces of the puzzle. Only this could justify an actual "Hung Up turns rockified." And virtually the whole M fandom aren't any aware of such justification, hating the performance just as Gilroy hated M as singer, drummer, guitarist - and lover.

I love the performance. I really like rock music in general and I love when M turns a song into a rock version for a tour. And I think it really suits her spirit and attitude.

1 minute ago, Salida said:

I love the performance. I really like rock music in general and I love when M turns a song into a rock version for a tour. And I think it really suits her spirit and attitude.

And now I believe this theory of mine could make Hung Up S&ST even more of an anthem to u, right?