Madonna ❌ Pride 2024

On 7/1/2024 at 4:19 PM, stefo said:

SInce we're appreciating her look and shape, this pic is from the afternoon and she is the cutest (oops sorry, I just noticed this was already posted in the Insta/Fb thread).

449695892_1009765867174831_6761743683738

What? black again from head to toe? I thought that after Pride she was going to redeem herself in this aspect, I mean about the exaggerated use of the color black in her wardrobe but apparently I see that it will not be like that and she will continue using this color in such an exaggerated way that I can't find an explanation.

By the way, does anyone know at what point in her life Madonna started this exaggerated use of the color black in her wardrobe? I see past photos, from the 80s, 90s, 2000 and I see a more versatile Madonna in terms of the colors of her wardrobe, so I don't understand when she decided to become so monotonous in this aspect.

2001-paparazzi-varias-diciembre-2.thumb.png.d5f8890a55d50c4a294608cde5ff51c3.png

950_madonna_mask_INF.thumb.jpg.7ed403ce8e5a7c86d8070c1e24a34242.jpg

44 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

What? black again from head to toe? I thought that after Pride she was going to redeem herself in this aspect, I mean about the exaggerated use of the color black in her wardrobe but apparently I see that it will not be like that and she will continue using this color in such an exaggerated way that I can't find an explanation.

By the way, does anyone know at what point in her life Madonna started this exaggerated use of the color black in her wardrobe? I see past photos, from the 80s, 90s, 2000 and I see a more versatile Madonna in terms of the colors of her wardrobe, so I don't understand when she decided to become so monotonous in this aspect.

Only one exaggerating it, is you. :ahh: The woman has always worn black excessively all through her career.  It's not a big deal!   And she looks great, just like in the above recent pic!

On 7/1/2024 at 8:46 PM, maddy1111 said:

I honestly believe the Celebration Tour changed her and helped her find a confidence again. 

She used to be on the top for decades and then it was suddenly a flop after flop (MDNA, RH, MX) for her for the last couple of years  (+ ageism) which takes its toll for any artist, especially considering she is queen of pop always looking to the future and not relying on past successes like all the others in her age (clearly she doesn't want to be a legacy artist at all). But during Celebration Tour she finally felt the love of all fans again all over the world + sold out shows, amazing reviews, Rio.. It has boosted her career once again, and clearly she is finally enjoying herself again. I am so, so, sooo happy for her!

Something was simply slightly off with her performances with Maluma or during Eurovision, but since Celebration Tour has started until this moment in NYC Pride, this is Madonna in full power again as we haven't seen her for years. The Queen is back (even if she never left). Makes me almost cry seeing her this happy (and owning the stage again!) 

true, but I also believe is not all down to her feeling down per se but maybe feeling too confident and comfortable with her place.

After all of this years she felt she was on the top and she didn't have to do much more because she already did, she made it clear when people were trying to pitch her or compare it to other emerging artist. And the team around her wasn't challenging her for that either. It was a bit Boredonna.

When people criticize events like the Maluma event, was more for the lack of luster and preparation (we are used to with her) than the show itself. With Celebration was a 360, she was back on command and she feel energized and pushing buttons again, it was joy.

15 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Having lots of black clothes is great because they go with everything. Mama's on her practical era, let her be. lol

On 7/3/2024 at 9:50 AM, mad-ness said:

Having lots of black clothes is great because they go with everything. Mama's on her practical era, let her be. lol

Madonna's problem is that she does not combine but uses practically the color black for everything: from her shoes, her glasses, her purse and even her underwear.

It's not that I hate the color black. In fact, I think it's the perfect color for mourning clothes, but when I refer to everyday clothing I think it's best to combine colors. For example, in the last photo they uploaded of her, I think it would have been perfect If her glasses and her bag had been a light color so that they stand out in the photograph, since everything is black, her accessories practically go unnoticed. In the end it's all about playing and combining colors. It's not that difficult although for Madonna it seems like it is.

1 minute ago, Ayham said:

Are you kidding me??!!! Madonna in black = heaven… the fact I was soooo happy to see her wearing something decent. Her Ladyland appearance was soooo beautiful too! I think her stylist is exploring new styles on her. 😃

Not only that, I don't think we should sitting around judging what she's wearing when she's just "out and about" and not attending anything related to her career or an event.  People wear what makes them comfortable.  The woman surely knows how to coordinate colors and has always worn colors throughout her career, just as much as adding colors.  After all, the woman has always been known to wear clothing that isn't always the norm since the beginning of her career, including black. I think the complaint in her wearing black as her off day attire is utterly ridiculous.  I like to see how these people who criticize how she dresses when she's out for a walk what they are actually wearing day to day.  :Madonna052: