Daniel Abraham about Don't Stop

Drum Dub

20 hours ago, DjKingBee said:

Anyone know why on Spotify  it lists Daniel Abraham as the performer ?? 

IMG_9765.jpeg

I think it's because he was the remixer of the track rather than producer and it's probably a technical error by whoever uploaded when they were transferring data and they were just filling in boxes on a database, ie not intentional that he is listed like that I would imagine.

On 8/29/2016 at 4:47 PM, Independent Thinker said:

The music and melody of the song is great, but the lyrics are embarrassing. I get that it's supposed to be a fun song. It's not that deep, but they could've come up with better lyrics. I mean, "Feel it in your body, sing la de da de," seriously?  :cryin:

I like to singy singy singy (Like a bird) On a wingy wingy wingy

Don’t Stop feels like it’s going somewhere lush and grandiose, but it never quite gets there. It defies genre, but not in a good way. Comprised of a decent but half-baked and stiflingly compressed sonic arrangement that deserved more experimental attention, and lyrics that are perfunctory at best, the song always seemed out of place on Bedtime Stories. I understand that in those days a Madonna album required a dance song…it felt like this one was a reluctant compromise to satisfy WB execs, and it subsequently felt soulless and tacked on. It’s also too mid-tempo to match the essence of the song, thus giving a languid vibe, which may make it Madonna’s first stoner jam. 😂 That M had to splatter West Coast hip hop clichés into the mix is what really makes it a cynical exercise in commerce. It’s never really been a Madonna song to me. Something about it sounds off. I felt the same way about Beautiful Scars (not the demo) on Rebel Heart. It feels dissociative, like when amateur remixers come up with a groove to lay the original Madonna vocals  on top of, but there’s a a lack of cohesion on some level. 

On 8/30/2016 at 2:42 AM, madgefan said:

I've always liked Don't Stop. I don't get the hate especially when all these fellas consider Hung Up one of her best. Even Music has silly lyrics...  :redface:

There's a difference between dull and simple lyrics. Dull lyrics sounds flat while simple lyrics are effective. Music lyrics are genius and no other type of "deep" lyrics would work better with that unique sound. And it's not even only about the lyrics when it comes to "Don't stop"; the music is as dull as the lyrics. There's no comparison between the production on "Music" or "Hung up" and "Don't stop". Even as a b-side i wouldn't consider it. 

It's a carefree cute bop, by 1994 she'd had countless of those previously, most of them as singles. It was quite simple and lacked something, yeah, but it was classic Madonna and of course US radios started to play it on their own (and then she serviced them "Human Nature" xd).

It would have made a safe but great cute Summer 1995 single with a good video.

21 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's a carefree cute bop, by 1994 she'd had countless of those previously, most of them as singles. It was quite simple and lacked something, yeah, but it was classic Madonna and of course US radios started to play it on their own (and then she serviced them "Human Nature" xd).

It would have made a safe but great cute Summer 1995 single with a good video.

Totally agree!  It has that carefree vibe True Blue, Into The Groove, Holiday, and Where's The Party all had.  Certainly, I am not comparing Don't Stop to them, but it had that fun care free vibe that you just wanted to dance to and had a catchy lyric to sing to.