The Making of Madonna's 20 Greatest Music Videos

groovyguy

@@groovyguy The thing is, Madonna's videography is the best. Even better than Michael, although there wouldn't be music videos without Thriller.

Pity there are no videos after Music. But as I've said in other posts, there's an era before and an era after American Life. It seems like after withdrawing that video she lost interest for the form. We didn't have a video for Nothing fails, Love profusion was the same concept of an ad, although by luke Besson.

Think of Open your heart. Fosse, Tamara... Real pop perfection.
Like a prayer. Provoking thoughts.
Bedtime stories. A work of art.

And then we had Give it to me. I can't even think about it...
Even Living for live was more about visuals than meaning, despite the Minotaur imagery.
Ghosttown was a nice comeback and makes me hope for the future.

Totally agree with you - imo she has the best music video body of work than any other artist i can think of - which bothers me even more when its not treated with the respect it deserves - we get shoddy dvd releases mostly in mpg format and we also get 16x9 videos presented in 4:3 when everyone had widescreen tvs for well over a decade now(Celebration being a prime example of this - but this argument has been debated to death now so ill shut up) we need a blu-ray release - many fans on here still think ALL her music videos were shot on film and not video ? i would love to see this proved either way

i also agree that since AL her music videos have definitely declined in value - for me post AL her only decent video was the Bedtime Story backdrop for RIT  - i love the visuals on LFL but i think it looks a bit too over processed ? videos like BIM and TUTR for me are her absolute worst ? they make me cringe even thinking about them plus i really hate the videos for Confessions too ? they seemed very uninspiring to me ? Nowadays she puts a lot more effort into her tour backdrop videos but they irony there is we never even get official releases off them ???!!!

I would love to see more behind the scenes of her videos - imagine how amazing a making of express yourself would be ? i always wonder if she has this kind of stuff in her archives just like MJ did for all his BAD25 blu-ray ? that had some awesome behind the scenes footage on it ?

It would be nice to have a blu ray with BTS and... COMMENTARY!!!

I am not in love with the Confessions videos, but it's ok if you think that during Hung Up she fell from her horse. Sorry still has a "girl power" meaning, and Jump introduces parkour for the very first time to big audiences, which is well related with the title.

I am not in love with 4 Minutes but still there's something interesting in it. Give it to me is the worst imo, a bad replica of Hung Up. :Madonna040:

I also don't understand if there is some philosophy behind Give me all your luvin. Looks just a Superbowl promo...

• 1 year later...

My Top 30 Madonna music videos of all time.

1.Vogue

2.Express yourself

3.Justify my love

4.papa don't preach

5.Like a prayer

6.Open Your Heart

7.Live to Tell

8.Rain

9.Erotica

10.Frozen

11.Like a Virgin

12.Material Girl