Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

Again, that's just crazy. MDNA had some of the best songs of her career on it. Doesn't mean I think if they were singles they would do any better than the ones that were singles. I do believe if anyone is wanting her to have top 10 hits and albums, they are pretty much not looking at her artistic freedom. Yet then when she releases something as radio friendly as GGW, people call it generic.  WTF? GGW is definitely the type of song radio plays or at least at the time. So pardon me, if I keep insisting that this goes back to the fact the music world especially pop music is ageist. Most people do not think of 50 some year old people as hip  or popular artists.

I think the main problem with the Girl Gone Wild single lies on the fact that it sounded completely dated by the time it was released. I mean just have a listen to the Benassi remix of Celebration (late 2009), whose sound is present in almost every production he (they) did back in 2010 (Kelis, Chris Brown, several remixes and his own record). The song was even compared to Usher's 'DJ got us fallin' in love' by the press and others laughed at her for keep on singing songs as if she was still a girl. The video was sort of a rehash of the SEX book and the introduction lines were first used in 1989. So, basically, there was nothing original about it lmao. The mismanagement of the release of the MDNA singles plus remixes (between February and April 2012) along with their physical release didn't help either.

Personally, I feel the song from time to time but it's not like what I feel with other MDNA productions (I even consider Superstar to be a better and more interesting song just because of its soft rock vibe). The same happens to me with 4 Minutes. Maybe the mistake was to rely on a sound that had already past its prime and I don't blame her at all. I know she's making the type of music she uses when she works out or whatever, something that she herself enjoys a lot... but when you want to make a comeback reach the masses you have to be a bit more clever than that. That's the kind of uninspired decisions I've hated from her lately, and it's not that I hate her completely, I really love that woman... but Gang Bang and Love Spent could have been that artistic freedom in music you're talking about and the album would have received more appreciation. However she went on with plans of releasing GGW and used it as the opening act of her last tour. In my humble opinion, no one will ever remember that song. Just us.

Please people keep it ON TOPIC. This is about Madonna's new album.  I don't wanna open this thread and read bible-lenght posts about MDNA and Hard Candy. Open a different thread for that if you want.

:kiss:

Actually, if you read back, the conversation was pretty much on topic and the lengthy convos were related. But hey, whatever.

Actually, if you read back, the conversation was pretty much on topic and the lengthy convos were related. But hey, whatever.

I have no time to find the point where the conversation went off on a tangent. My post was a kind request to everyone, but especially to a moderator. If you have a problem with being a moderator it's your choice wether you wanna be one or not. I have no problem either way. You asked for the mod status and I gave it.  :kissy:

Rumor:

Madonna is tempted to take part in a Festival to perform some of her new songs. It would be an opportunity to test her new sound.

I like this rumour, hopefully true.  :hearteyes: what's the source?

I have no time to find the point where the conversation went off on a tangent. My post was a kind request to everyone, but especially to a moderator. If you have a problem with being a moderator it's your choice wether you wanna be one or not. I have no problem either way. You asked for the mod status and I gave it.  :kissy:

http://drownedmadonn...-album/20140717

Look, I am not sure why you even brought that up about moderation?  A bit odd for someone who is concerned about staying "on topic"? Also, it only proves how topics tend to stray off from time to time. I honestly wasn't concerned since it was generating good and civil conversation. It's not a big deal, and I was just pointing out that if you actually read back, the conversation was related to the new album. That's all. My apologies. For future reference,  you might want to be careful, and not stifle genuine and civil convo.

Rumor:

Madonna is tempted to take part in a Festival to perform some of her new songs. It would be an opportunity to test her new sound.

Yeah, I would like to know the source.

Fighter, I have to say I think you are being rude. Why can't we go off topic a little sometimes....and hey, they never really went off topic. In my experience, sometimes topics lead into more discussion. Also, to get on Liam for when you said "especially a moderator" is just wrong. He was stimulating conversation for what good modding is all about.  I think you should be commending him not getting on his case for anything. *disappointed* and almost afraid to post now in case I may veer off topic a little in discussions. Sad. :(

Just coming back into say Liam has been a main player here. Fighter you are gone a lot which is fine, but, Liam is here covering you, starting and stimulating coversation, etc etc. He commends and thanks people for everything too. Think about it before you go on about this any further as you have a good thing going at this forum and I would hate to see this change. 

Why can't we go off topic a little sometimes....and hey, they never really went off topic. In my experience, sometimes topics lead into more discussion.

Hi Rebelgirl.  Again, my apologies if I contributed the topic to going astray, but that wasn't my intention. And while the topic did talk about MDNA and HARD CANDY, it was in reference to the new album as we were comparing strategies and failures that we hope her team will keep in mind for the new album.

*disappointed* and almost afraid to post now in case I may veer off topic a little in discussions. Sad. :(

I do understand Fighter's concern, but like mentioned if one reads back, our conversation was an extension to the new album. But please don't be "afraid" or "disappointed". I can understand how it can be overwhelming for someone to come back to this topic, at first glance, when being away, not completely reading it through, and think we jumped ship. 

Getting back to this...

No specific location and date tells me that this  source is pulling something out of thin air. Also, festivals are planned long in advance, and with a big act like Madonna, they certainly wouldn't be able to add her at last minute.

Then there is this disclaimer:

NOTE that no final decision has been made yet. It’s just something Madonna and her staff are really considering.

Convenient for someone with no source to back up their claims.

Look, I am not sure why you even brought that up about moderation?  A bit odd for someone who is concerned about staying "on topic"? Also, it only proves how topics tend to stray off from time to time. I honestly wasn't concerned since it was generating good and civil conversation. It's not a big deal, and I was just pointing out that if you actually read back, the conversation was related to the new album. That's all. My apologies. For future reference,  you might want to be careful, and not stifle genuine and civil convo.

I brought it up because I don't have time to moderate the forum myself, and I didn't feel your "whatever" was the response of someone who actually cares about what I'm saying. That wasn't a good response to begin with.

I know it was civil convo, I never said otherwise but we have too many threads that stir way off topic on this forum. It's not like it's forbidden but sometimes it can go on for pages and it makes the forum confusing, messy and you can't really join in easily. It's a standard for any forum to keep things on topic and I feel we have a more relaxed attitude here towards these things than most forums. So discuss away but once in a while a little direction of staying On Topic is necessary.  :angel:

Fighter, I have to say I think you are being rude. Why can't we go off topic a little sometimes....and hey, they never really went off topic. In my experience, sometimes topics lead into more discussion. Also, to get on Liam for when you said "especially a moderator" is just wrong. He was stimulating conversation for what good modding is all about.  I think you should be commending him not getting on his case for anything. *disappointed* and almost afraid to post now in case I may veer off topic a little in discussions. Sad. :(

I'm sorry if it came off too strict, Rebel Girl.  I've gone off topic on the forum too so I'm also telling myself to stay on topic. I don't see myself as above anyone, but you have to understand it's not easy to manage a forum properly and keep everyone happy. 

Getting back to this...

No specific location and date tells me that this  source is pulling something out of thin air. Also, festivals are planned long in advance, and with a big act like Madonna, they certainly wouldn't be able to add her at last minute.

Then there is this disclaimer:

Convenient for someone with no source to back up their claims.

THIS

If this rumor doesn't confirm it was because Madonna  changed her mind lol

I brought it up because I don't have time to moderate the forum myself, and I didn't feel your "whatever" was the response of someone who actually cares about what I'm saying. That wasn't a good response to begin with.

Well, obviously we both got a bit annoyed with each others responses as I honestly was a bit offended that you didn't actually read the convo to see if it really was on topic and summed it up as "Bible length posts" and going on a "tangent" when it wasn't necessarily so.  Also, the discussion was quite civil,  and we were elaborating on the difference of previous albums with the new.  Again, I'm sorry that I contributed to what you thought was off topic and off on a "tangent".  And if you prefer to remove me from moderation, go right ahead. It's your choice.  But I'm sure you can agree my presence has generation a lot more discussion and activity than before I was around. From this point on, I'll make sure I stay specifically on topic, and not generate anymore lively conversations that might possibly stray off from time to time.

THIS

If this rumor doesn't confirm it was because Madonna  changed her mind lol

Yeah, it's to have that "out" when you have no source to back it up. LOL! Not that Drowned Madonna didn't use to be reliable, but they lost it a long time ago, along with other fansites. Their insisting of having an "exclusive" while blaming other sites from stealing from them, has turned a lot of people off.

Well, obviously we both got a bit annoyed with each others responses as I honestly was a bit offended that you didn't actually read the convo to see if it really was on topic and summed it up as "Bible length post" and going on a "tangent".  The discussion was quite civil and  we were elaborating on the difference of previous records with the new.  Again, I'm sorry that I contributed to what you thought was off topic and off on a "tangent".  And if you prefer to remove me from moderation, go right ahead. It's your choice.  But from this point on, I'll make sure I stay specifically on topic, and not generate anymore lively conversations that might possibly stray off from time to time.

As I said before I have no problem with you being a moderator, I appreciate your effort so far, but if you're going to respond with "whatever" when I say something then it just shows me discontent.

My directions are to the point and clear, but not meant to be followed strictly. They are just guidelines to make the forum easier.

I vented today on Twitter about the Madonna fandom and how we keep going on about the same things, so it probably carried over to the forum, so for that sorry if I offended anyone that wasn't my intention.

Most forums have strict rules, we don't have any rules here, so once in a while we have to keep ourselves in check, including the staff members. It's really no more difficult than that!

:kissy:

As I said before I have no problem with you being a moderator, I appreciate your effort so far, but if you're going to respond with "whatever" when I say something then it just shows me discontent.

My directions are to the point and clear, but not meant to be followed strictly. They are just guidelines to make the forum easier.

I vented today on Twitter about the Madonna fandom and how we keep going on about the same things, so it probably carried over to the forum, so for that sorry if I offended anyone that wasn't my intention.

Most forums have strict rules, we don't have any rules here, so once in a while we have to keep ourselves in check, including the staff members. It's really no more difficult than that!

:kissy:

My apologies, my "whatever" comment wasn't meant to be "discontent", but it stems to the fact that you didn't read the posts to see if they were really off topic and called the conversations "Bible length" and off on a "tangent". You wrote it as if you couldn't be bothered to actually take a moment to read back. It's a two way street here, and if you're wanting such respect, you have to give it as well.

Hey, I like you. I like your forum here. It's your choice how you run it, but your recent posts towards this issue only prove how easy it is to get off course. The only difference, it has NOTHING to do with the new album, while our "bible length tangents" were very related to the new album discussion. :wink:

And compared to other fan communties, we're far more on topic.

Thanks for your reply, Fighter. The thing is (after rereading everything and several times since), who here complained about it going off topic other than you? I realize you’re not around a lot, but while you’re gone, I’ve noticed Liam doing a great job generating a lot of great discussions. Sure, it may veer off topic a bit sometimes, but like you, I wasn’t around in the last couple of days, but when I read it, I didn’t see it being really off topic. Like Liam mentioned, it was an extension of ideas about how they wanted the new album to be approached. So really...they were keeping on topic. They were comparing what happened with the last two albums and single choices. Maybe it wasn’t new album info, but sometimes it’s good to read what other people are thinking regarding new and upcoming things even if it’s not right on topic.  

Also, I agree that it seemed a bit odd that you targeted Liam like you did especially when others were contributing to the discussion (and respectfully as well). It was almost like a subtle hint of removing him as moderator ...and it was over something that you made a bigger deal about when no one else didn't.  Look back again. It's a great discussion by all parties and this is happening in a forum you created. Do you realize just how cool this is?

It’s clear to me that Liam is a big fan and a huge asset to the recent surge of activity going on here. In fact, it's been keeping me coming as well as the other posters who commented back to him and Groovy too. It would be different if Liam was being negative and treating members nasty, but I haven’t seen any evidence of that.  And I mean this with no disrespect, I think you've been hasty and stubborn on this. I love this place since I came. Liam seems to play an important role in generating a lot of topics and conversation here. A word of wisdom (from the hermit to the magician card holder) don’t bite off the hand that is feeding your success here. It may not turn out in your favor. 

I think Madonna should perform at iTunes Festival, why hasn't she already performed there? Also, today I read one of the first nominations for the VMA, maybe there's a chance she performs there?

Itunes would definitely gain her a lot more attention, for sure. As for VMA's, I am not sure it will pack enough punch if she performs. Not many people watch it anymore. I only tune in when I know some of my favorite entertainers are going to performed, but that's becoming less and less. Though, I guess if she does perform at the VMA's, it wil get a lot of press, even though most people even interested will probably catch her performance after the fact through a Youtube link.

Thanks for your reply, Fighter. The thing is (after rereading everything and several times since), who here complained about it going off topic other than you? I realize you’re not around a lot, but while you’re gone, I’ve noticed Liam doing a great job generating a lot of great discussions. Sure, it may veer off topic a bit sometimes, but like you, I wasn’t around in the last couple of days, but when I read it, I didn’t see it being really off topic. Like Liam mentioned, it was an extension of ideas about how they wanted the new album to be approached. So really...they were keeping on topic. They were comparing what happened with the last two albums and single choices. Maybe it wasn’t new album info, but sometimes it’s good to read what other people are thinking regarding new and upcoming things even if it’s not right on topic.  

Also, I agree that it seemed a bit odd that you targeted Liam like you did especially when others were contributing to the discussion (and respectfully as well). It was almost like a subtle hint of removing him as moderator ...and it was over something that you made a bigger deal about when no one else didn't.  Look back again. It's a great discussion by all parties and this is happening in a forum you created. Do you realize just how cool this is?

It’s clear to me that Liam is a big fan and a huge asset to the recent surge of activity going on here. In fact, it's been keeping me coming as well as the other posters who commented back to him and Groovy too. It would be different if Liam was being negative and treating members nasty, but I haven’t seen any evidence of that.  And I mean this with no disrespect, I think you've been hasty and stubborn on this. I love this place since I came. Liam seems to play an important role in generating a lot of topics and conversation here. A word of wisdom (from the hermit to the magician card holder) don’t bite off the hand that is feeding your success here. It may not turn out in your favor. 

Oh wow! Thanks for saying this because I was a bit puzzled myself regarding the issue. Also, don't forget to include yourself in there. You play a huge role in how this forum has grown. So I thank you, but maybe we should move on, as I don't want you to get into any trouble here.  :wink: