Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

They are posting opinion pieces as news... well there's nothing wrong with that but seriously nothing new.

I thought the exact same thing. I was like WTF? There is nothing new here, but a long in the tooth explanation of their opinion of what Messiah means.  LOL!

Okay, moving on... what's this talk that Madonna might be part of THE GIVER soundtrack? I've read this at a couple of places on the net, trying to tie Madonna to the soundtrack of the album. Some are saying "Messiah" will be part of it. Where did this start? What is it based on?

What I do know, it's a film with Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges, Katie Holmes and Taylor Swift.  I would think if anyone was going to be on the soundtrack, it would be Taylor.

Not that I don't want Madonna on a popular soundtrack, but why are fans suddenly assuming this?

More info on "The Giver" which is due out in August.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giver_%28film%29

didn't hear anything about that. would be nice but im sure the song will also be on her album.

is it true that messiah is an old song?

Like Live to Tell... it was the first single from True Blue and a great way to star a new era.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Br5kafxIAAIFbVh.jpg

Has Madonna recorded a song for 'The Giver' soundtrack?

Posted Image

Madonna has always been able to save herself with movie soundtrack songs. In 1994, when every newspaper in the world said she would never have a hit again, she released one of the most successful songs of her career: “I’ll Remember,†from the film “With Honors.†In 1986, after she became a national joke because of her Playboy and Penthouse pictures (in the 80s, this was actually a career threatening scandal), she shocked everyone with the amazing ballad “Live to Tell.†Who can forget the Oscar-winning “You Must Love Me†from “Evita?â€

I have been reporting, for the past couple months, that Madonna has recorded a soundtrack song. I wasn’t–and still am not–100 percent sure which movie it is for. However, I know for a fact that Interscope, who is producing the soundtrack for “The Giver,†asked Madonna to submit a song. This was around the end of April, even when the soundtrack was supposedly finished. When Madonna announced a song called “Messiah†this week, which would perfectly fit in with the theme of “The Giver,†I was 100 percent sure the song was from ‘The Giver.†I attended an early screening of the film last evening and was one hundred percent sure I would hear Madonna’s song. I even hinted it on Twitter, but had to delete all my tweets about the film because The Weinstein Company (rightfully so) was pissed.

Before I knew it, the closing credits came. However, there was no music being played for most of credits. I have never seen that in such a big movie before. There was another song being played towards the very end of the credits, but I couldn’t make out who it was and was told that the final song playing probably wouldn’t make it in the final cut. I thought that, perhaps, Madonna’s song is not finished yet and that’s why there was no music. I asked a representative from The Weinstein Company, and they were not able to give me an answer–which means yes, right?

Having a song on “The Giver†would be a HUGE career advantage for Madonna. Even if it doesn’t become a huge chart hit, the song will certainly add to her list of already great movie songs. There is also the possibility that Madge would get both a Golden Globe and Oscar nomination. “The Giver†is a movie that Madonna would absolutely love and her involvement can only enhance the already excellent film.  The main character “Jonas†is basically a male version of the rebellious Madonna. Let’s hope we get some answers soon.

Hope it's true. But wouldn't we have gotten rumors and hints before hand? Like akways.

Well, we kinda have. As in the article, the writer mentions about a couple months ago that he had heard that she may be doing a soundtrack song. That's been rumored a lot within the Madonna communities. Though, it's not a far fetched idea for Madonna  to record a soundtrack song,  so that's why it's so easy to assume that as well.  Futhermore, she's been posting hints (Messiah) on her twitter, and several major publications have picked up on it... namely Billboard.com and Rollingstone.com.

The movie is due out on August 15th. Most of the time, songs from soundtracks that become singles are released ahead of the film. So we might be getting a new song within the next few weeks.

If this is all true, I'll be interested in the video used for the song... will she just use film footage from the movie, or will she film scenes to create her own story in the video? Then again, it could be a mix.

And if true, it would be a perfect way to grab the general public's attention and possibly score a decent hit single, especially if the film becomes a huge success. It does look promising.

Well, we kinda have. As in the article, the writer mentions about a couple months ago that he had heard that she may be doing a soundtrack song. That's been rumored a lot within the Madonna communities. Though, it's not a far fetched idea for Madonna  to record a soundtrack song,  so that's why it's so easy to assume that as well.  Futhermore, she's been posting hints (Messiah) on her twitter, and several major publications have picked up on it... namely Billboard.com and Rollingstone.com.

The movie is due out on August 15th. Most of the time, songs from soundtracks that become singles are released ahead of the film. So we might be getting a new song within the next few weeks.

If this is all true, I'll be interested in the video used for the song... will she just use film footage from the movie, or will she film scenes to create her own story in the video? Then again, it could be a mix.

And if true, it would be a perfect way to grab the general public's attention and possibly score a decent hit single, especially if the film becomes a huge success. It does look promising.[/quote)

True. But could also just be soundtrack song. Not necessarily a single like Masterpiece. Good way to generate buzz.

So cool that the music industry and music fans are paying close attention to The Queen.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6150325/madonna-messiah-lyrics-instagram

"You are the sun guarding your throne," Madonna (will eventually) sing on the forthcoming track.Madonna is having some fun teasing her new song "Messiah" on Instagram: a week after posting some sheet music from the track and a snippet of an orchestra performing the song, Madge has now unveiled a handful of lyrics from the hopefully-forthcoming track.Based on these lyrics, Madonna's "Messiah" is going to be a mystical affair, with "the angels," "the moon," "the sun," and "the sorceress" all making these verses read especially Bjork-y. The caption for the Instagram post goes, "Salvation through Art! #heart #messiah #livingforlove."Madonna has been working on the follow-up to 2012's "MDNA" with a slew of collaborators, including Natalia Kills, Martin Kierszenbaum, Diplo and Toby Gad. A title and release date for the album have yet to be announced, and "Messiah" does not have a release date either.

Don't know if this is the lead single from the new album. I could be wrong, but it seems it may just be this era's Live to Tell, Into the Groove, This Used to be My Playground, I'll Remember, You Must Love Me, American Pie, Beautiful Stranger, or DAD. But from her IG, it’s looking pretty official that this is gonna be the first single. And if it’s also the soundtrack for the movie, we might see her perform ‘Messiah’ at the Golden Globes and The Oscars!