Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

The video clip that Madonna posted on IG is from the  play rehearsal of her friend. The Messiah music is actually from 1741 by George Friedrich Händel. Maybe Madonna does have a song titled ‘Messiah’ or she samples Handel Messiah.

If that's true, it seems fans and some of the media took her IG posts as if she's giving a sneak peak to her music when she hasn't. Oh, the meltdowns!  LOL!  Whatever the case, she never claimed those two posts had anything to do with her album. Again, people just assumed. I knew it would be too early to call this her "new single".

If that's true, it seems fans and some of the media took her IG posts as if she's giving a sneak peak to her music when she hasn't. Oh, the meltdowns!  LOL!  Whatever the case, she never claimed those two posts had anything to do with her album. Again, people just assumed. I knew it would be too early to call this her "new single".

So true. We need to stop thinking that every post she makes has to do something with her new album. At the same time, it's fun to speculate and be detectives. lol Though yeah ...for those having a "meltdown"....omg, it's just music. It's not as if someone has died. 

http://www.idolator.com/7525216/diplo-major-lazer-madonna-gwen-stefani-interview

Diplo On Major Lazer, Working With Envelope-Pusher Madonna & Gwen Stefani: Idolator Interview

Kathy Iandoli Jul 3rd, 2014 

The new Madonna album will (hopefully) have Blondre3000′s DNA all over it, as Diplo and Madge have spent a good amount of time in the studio making tracks together, which the producer describes as “pushing the envelope.â€

Speaking of chameleons, you’re working with Madonna who is known for consistently reinventing herself. For you as a producer, is that a good thing because you’re able to do whatever you want or is it a challenge?

DIPLO: I think with her I didn’t know what to expect. I didn’t know if we were going to actually make records or not. It was kind of like I’d give her a week to see if the chemistry was there, but she was up for anything. I love when an artist gives a producer the confidence he needs to work with them, and Madonna was very very open-minded to my ideas. I really love that. A lot of times I’m having to sell my projects and my ideas to them, but she was down from day one. We’ve written about seven songs now, and hopefully maybe four or five will make it to the album. I’ve done about three weeks with her, and we’re gonna do some more projects at the end of July. She’s just really cool. I think as far as artists reinventing themselves, she did it before anybody else. She kind of began that trend of actually coming back with a whole new look and style and sound and winning it and hitting the top of the charts. I don’t think anybody had done it to that level. She works hard. In the studio, I was Googling her while I was working with her, and she’s literally sold like 300 million copies of songs. She’s a force to be reckoned with. We had a lot of fun. Those records are gonna be crazy sounding. We really pushed the envelope with some of the stuff we were doing. The last night we were just having fun, and she was like, “Yo, give me some of the craziest shit you’ve got right now,†and we literally wrote a song that night on the craziest record I had. And it worked. All of the best songs happen on a whim. When I made Alex Clare’s “Too Close,†that record didn’t make the album, he got dropped, and it became a #1 record in America. It was like the biggest Rock record of 2012. We made that high on mushrooms, not even thinking about it making the record. With Usher, we made “Climax†in literally like ten minutes. With M.I.A., I made “Paper Planes†on a roof in the Caribbean. No microphone covers, just recording right there outside. Every time we do something you never can expect when the magical stuff’s gonna happen.

I read on another M forum where people are having meltdowns over how Diplo stated "I'd give her a week to see if the chemistry was there". Some fans are making this out to be some sort of dig. LOL! Really? Maybe he had some doubts, but he's human. He only said what most collaborators think themselves.

That said, I still haven't heard anything he's done that has really grabbed me. But knowing Madonna, she put the Madonna spin on it.

Madonna Asked for 'Craziest Record I Had'

"We've written about seven songs now, and hopefully maybe four or five will make it to the album," the super-producer/DJ said. "I've done about three weeks with her, and we’re gonna do some more projects at the end of July.

She’s just really cool. I think as far as artists reinventing themselves, she did it before anybody else. She kind of began that trend of actually coming back with a whole new look and style and sound and winning it and hitting the top of the charts.
Those records are gonna be crazy-sounding.
We really pushed the envelope with some of the stuff we were doing."

"The last night we were just having fun, and she was like, 'Yo, give me some of the craziest **** you’ve got right now,' and we literally wrote a song that night on the craziest record I had. And it worked.

https://ca.music.yahoo.com/diplo-madonna-asked-craziest-record-had-album-142502659-rolling-stone.html

Posted Image

Diplo: Madonna Asked for 'Craziest Record I Had' for New Album

Madonna has been at work in the studio compiling the follow-up to her 2012 effort, MDNA, and one of the album's producers, Diplo, teased his process with the singer in a new interview with Idolator.

"We've written about seven songs now, and hopefully maybe four or five will make it to the album," the super-producer/DJ said. "I've done about three weeks with her, and we’re gonna do some more projects at the end of July. She’s just really cool. I think as far as artists reinventing themselves, she did it before anybody else. She kind of began that trend of actually coming back with a whole new look and style and sound and winning it and hitting the top of the charts. Those records are gonna be crazy-sounding. We really pushed the envelope with some of the stuff we were doing."

While Diplo noted he typically needs around a week to know if there's chemistry with an artist, it was there immediately with Madonna. "he was up for anything," he said. "I love when an artist gives a producer the confidence he needs to work with them, and Madonna was very open-minded to my ideas… she was down from day one."

Diplo spoke about the creation of one song in particular, which came about on their final night in the studio together: "The last night we were just having fun, and she was like, 'Yo, give me some of the craziest shit you’ve got right now,' and we literally wrote a song that night on the craziest record I had. And it worked. All of the best songs happen on a whim."

Proving his point, Diplo ticked off a few of his hits with similar spontaneous origins, including Alex Clare's "Too Close," Usher's "Climax" — which was made, per Diplo, "in literally like ten minutes" — and M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes," which came together on a roof in the Caribbean.

Madonna has been intermittently teasing her upcoming record via Instagram. Earlier this week, the singer posted a photo of the sheet music for one track, "Messiah," as well as a video of an orchestra playing a section of the cut. The singer had previously posted in-studio photos with Avicii and British singer/producer Natalia Kills.

I really hope that Diplo is gonna be the executive producer of the album. He's a genius, a king.

i forgot that i actually love beat of my drum iahfia  :angry:  :lol:

and i agree he's great ,, hopefully he'll have a bigger piece than avicii im sorry hes great but not really my type of thing  :heart:

http://drownedmadonna.com/whats-behind-madonnas-messiah-2014/20140704

What’s behind Madonna’s Messiah
GIAMPIERO on July 4, 2014 at 10:46 am

You may wonder what’s behind Madonna’s Messiah. For sure Messiah is not blasphemous and it has nothing to do with Madonna singing something like “I’m the Messiah.â€

We can expect Messiah being about speech and action, hatred and wisdom, emotions and true awareness, judgment and magic, evil spells and messianic consciousness, doubt and spirituality.

As usual, Madonna‘s haters are already criticizing without even knowing what the lyrics are. We are not surprised; Madonna has been constantly criticized and to some extent bullied for pretty much everything she has done in 30 years of career. Even adopting children from Africa was considered something to be blamed for. So, again, we are not surprised.

However, we would like to point out that 30 years have passed by since she released songs like Material Girl. A very long time. A lifetime. She has transformed and evolved and so has evolved what she wants to communicate. Most important, Madonna is a devoted Kabbalist and Kabbalah is present in everything Madonna has released since many many years.

So, if we want to have an idea of what Messiah will be about, we should not think about Jesus Christ and the Gospels, but it is again in the Kabbalah that we should look.

For the Kabbalist the Messiah is not a physical person, but a light from above that affects us – when we tune into its frequency – and corrects us. A spiritual force that connects us to the Universe and the spiritual world. Everyone has his own Messiah. For each of us it comes when we transform ourselves, when we improve ourselves and the lives of the people who are around us. We get closer to it when we work on controlling our Ego. We become more separated from it when we focus on negative aspects of the reality, when we fall into harsh judgments. Waiting for the Messiah equals to wisdom: it is a time for actively preparing for its coming, a skill to improve and strengthen. As usual, an internal agency.

From a Kabbalistic point of view, the forces of evil can derive sustenance from harsh judgement, when it begins to focus on the negative aspects of all parts of reality.

Important are also the characters of Balak and Balaam – from the Zorah – who were magicians and sorcerers. There was an admixure between Balak and Balaam, as well as the good and the evil aspects are interrelated. Balak and Balaam comprised both evils: the evil of Cain and the evil of Abel. Balak was a magician while Balaam was a sorcerer. A sorcerer’s power is just in his mouth. So Balaam was the evil breath that issues from the mouth. Balak instead had wisdom and expressed through action. Balaam speaks and Balak acts. Magic is performed with the hand.

We know that you are really looking forward to hear it. As you do have great expectations on this forthcoming album. Her 13th Studio album. This is a number that has a huge importance in Kabbalah and true fans know that it is everywhere in Madonna‘s work. Maybe this is why we haven’t seen her so focused on an album in years. Not to mention all the images that she has posted related to it, with many hints. We know that for Madonna nothing happens for a coincidence and there is a reason for everything in her artistic choices.

In 2002 in an interview published on Genre Magazine Madonna stated:

Because the creator – if you believe there is a larger energy force out there, whatever you want to call it – light, the creator, God, he, she, it – wanted to share, wanted to give something to something, and created. The whole Adam and Eve story is a metaphor essentially, but it’s all based on the concept of earning things and bread of shame. You know what bread of shame is, right? Bread of shame is when you have everything and you haven’t earned it. It’s like when you spoil a kid. You give them everything and they short circuit. It just brings chaos into your life, because you haven’t earned any of it. That goes for everybody. Whenever you get something and you haven’t earned it, it will work against you. So the idea is that the creator created us as vessels, that we would work at filling up our vessel, which we would earn the things we had in the first place. And that’s the metaphor of the story of the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve started off with everything, and then they ate from the tree of knowledge – good and bad. 

Now, we are used to the story of Adam and Eve as we know from the Genesis, but there are several other versions of this story. According to one particularly beloved by the kabbalists, Adam and Eve were created together and united as one entity, comprising in itself all the opposites in perfect balance. Once the physical universe was formed, things became separated and they saw themselves as separate, limited beings. We can see our path for the realization of our Self as a path for the restoration of that balance, of returning again to that sense of wholeness symbolized by Adam and Eve united again. We all are a spark from the original Adam/Eve, we all have the potential to achieve that balance and tune with the entire Universe.

The story of the Garden of Eden can be seen as the beginning of this journey, where the serpent can be seen as the vehicle for this restored balance and consciousness. Or we could say a vehicle for messianic consciousness. The Torah describes the enmity between humans and serpents by saying that humans will crush the heads of serpents, while serpents will bite the heels of humans. In the Kabbalah, head and heel are code words for epochs in the unfolding of creation. The head represents the earliest part of an era, while the heel represents the end of an era. According to this, we are currently in the heel phase of a six thousand year cycle, and when it ends, a messianic era begins. When the serpent bites at our heels, we are moving closer to the realization of messianic consciousness. When we step on its head, we will finally enter the new era, the messianic era.

As we can see, the concept of the Messiah is strongly connected with the story of Adam and Eve.