Madonna Hardcover – September 11, 2014

groovyguy

Madonna Album by Album [Hardcover]

Caroline Sullivan (Author)

Publication Date: 11 Sep 2014

Madonna Louise Ciccone is known universally as the 'Queen of Pop', and with career record sales topping 300 million worldwide, she is acknowledged as the biggest selling female recording artist of all time. Indeed, in Billboard's 2008 100 All-time Top Artists, she was ranked second only to the Beatles. During a 30-year career she has released 12 studio albums (plus numerous more compilations, live albums, soundtracks, remixes, EPs, and box sets). With each album she has consistently reinvented her music and image, pushing the boundaries both lyrically and in the form of elaborate and often sex-charged stage shows. But she is far more than just a 'pop star'. With a career that has encompassed not just music but books, movies, fashion and humanitarian work, she has transcended the world of pop to become a global cultural icon and a role model to millions of women. Indeed, almost every successful female recording artist of the last 30 years - from Jennifer Lopez to Rihanna and, of course, Lady Gaga - cites her as a major influence.

Great read! Thanks for posting!

I'd say my ranking goes like this:

1) Confessions on a Dance Floor

2) Erotica

3) Ray of Light

4) Hard Candy

5) American Life (I know, I know-but I love the militant, hard, no fuss attitude to the album)

6) MDNA

7) Bedtime Stories

8) Music

9) Like a Prayer

10) Like a Virgin

11) True Blue

12) Madonna

I tend to like M's new stuff vs. the '80's material. I guess because it was before my time. 

80's were the coolest times to be a fan. I'm glad that I was there when it all unfolded.

1. Like A Prayer

2. True Blue

3. Madonna

4. Ray of Light

6. Music

7. Confessions On A Dance Floor

8. Like A Virgin

9. American Life

10. MDNA

11. Hard Candy

12. Erotica

hmmm...

01. Erotica

02. American Life

03. Bedtime Stories

04. Music

05. Confessions On A Dance Floor

06. Ray Of Light

07. Hard Candy

08. Madonna

09. MDNA

10. Like A Prayer

11. True Blue

12. Like A Virgin

Soundtracks :

01. I'm Breathless (though I think of it as an album on its own)

02. Who's That Girl

03. The Next Best Thing

04. Evita

Compilations :

01. Something To Remember

02. The Immaculate Collection

03. You Can Dance

04. Celebration

05. GHV2

Madonna is the biggest-selling female recording artist of all time. With each pioneering album she has consistently reinvented her music and image, often dictating the trends for popular culture to follow. She has never been afraid to push boundaries - both lyrically and artistically - and is responsible for some of the most iconic pop music ever produced. Exploring every hit record and every era-defining image, this authoritative illustrated book examines each one of Madonna's 12 studio albums in fine detail, placing each within the context of the time in which it was recorded and charting the music's subsequent influence on fashion and popular culture. Published to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the groundbreaking Like a Virgin, and featuring a wealth of rare and iconic photographs, Madonna: Ambition. Music. Style is written by acclaimed music journalist Caroline Sullivan (The Guardian, Melody Maker and The Times) and is a unique and long-overdue exploration of the extraordinary output of this legendary artist.

Available for Pre-Order on

http://www.amazon.com/Madonna-Caroline-Sullivan/dp/1780975635/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1403095482&sr=1-2&keywords=madonna

http://www.play.com/stores/Speedyhen/listing/996898463

The most appalling thing I saw a book called "Madonna : Itinerary of a Legend" that was filled with leaked photos and outtakes. Needless to say they didn't have any of the photographer's - or their heirs - approval...

Ooops!some another just want to get money from Madonna's name

they know a lot of people or fans gonna buy it :stare: