Most ridiculous things "fans" say about Madonna

Melrose95

I was at another MADONNA Fan FOrum and someone posted, a "fan", that Madonna hasn't been really mainstream since 1987!Um the LAP, ROL, MUSIC and COADF album sales, all among the top 5 sellers of the year worldwide, big to differNot to mention her 5 biggest selling worldwide singles all happened POST 1987. LAP, VOGUE, MUSIC, HU and 4MOr her record breaking tours in terms of both gross and attendance happened post the WTG tour.Pretty mainstream to meWhat are other instances of "fans" stupid comments?

The funny thing is Fighter that since 1989, the beginning of the LAP era on, if you look at her album and single sales, Madonna would be the #3 top selling female artist of all time, just based on her career from 1989 onwardThat's pretty mainstream to meI think what that person meant was that Madonna hasn't really appealed to straight men, aka the mainstream, since around 1987, which is kinda true as she used to have a big straight teenage boy fan base from 83-87But Celine, Gags and a shitload of other popular female pop stars NEVER had a big teenage boy fan base, does that mean that they were NEVER mainstream?

I don't know if I'll be crucified for saying what I'm going to say,but Madonna's lack of success in the last few years isn't due to ageism. Otherwise,many older artists would still not be very successful. It's the fact that the general public is sick of her trying to be a 20 year old when she's 56. I'm not saying she needs to act her age,but the whole "trying-to-be-cool-with-the-young-crowd" act is really try-hard and that's what she's been doing for the last ten years since COADF. I'm also not saying as well that I don't love her or her music or her personality,but that's just the way it is.

I think the problem is she hasnt cared that much about music in the last ten years (or at least been too inspired/motivated). Also a lot of young people are naturally going to rebel against what their parents liked, but i still think she can win over a lot of people. Its not like young people really know how she really is, theres a lot of misconception.Id agree that its not just about ageism, hackers, haters, etc, but i dont agree shes trying to be cool with the young crowd. She is cool, she is current.

I think the problem is she hasnt cared that much about music in the last ten years (or at least been too inspired/motivated).

DO YOU THINK SO ALSO ABOUT REBEL HEART OR JUST TILL THIS LAST RECORD?

Its not like young people really know how she really is, theres a lot of misconception. 

ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH THIS POINT... 

Um Loveless Madonna is still more successful than an older artist in the last few years, so that statement alone falls under the category of ridiculous thibgs that fans sayWhat other over 40 artist has been more successful than Madonna in the last five years?I want namesCertainly not Cher, Streisand or Springsteen

Again what over 50 artist in the last five years has released an album that sold more worldwide than the 2 million selling MDNA?What other over 50 solo artist has had a tour as huge as MDNA or even Sticky and Sweet?Where are theae supposed over 50 artists who are still successful and moreso than Madonba?What a stupid thing to say