Frozen a masterpiece

Ayham

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Frozen is, for me, the greatest song of all time. It is so haunting and timeless and it must have been so fantastic to witness this when it came out. And I love that they took a risk and released such a dark ballad as the lead single for the campaign. Like Madonna says, no risk no glory. 

Possibly THE greatest 'comeback' she ever made. It was a song that seemed to bring almost all kinds of people into her fold.... fans and non-fans alike. The song itself, over 20 years on, still sounds absolutely fresh and beautiful, and I feel it is something people will still be listening to 50 years from now. Its an amazing track from an absolutely amazing and timeless album.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

This isn’t an official performance, but somebody remixed the song to make it a piano ballad and it’s honestly so beautiful. 

I remember hearing it on the radio for the first time in my car driving into London for a night out. I didn't even know it was her but the track was haunting in my car in the dark. I honestly thought for a minute it was an Irish woman singing ...and it was magical. I knew from that moment it was going to be huge ..

42 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Frozen is, for me, the greatest song of all time. It is so haunting and timeless and it must have been so fantastic to witness this when it came out. And I love that they took a risk and released such a dark ballad as the lead single for the campaign. Like Madonna says, no risk no glory. 

Haunting... deep, cold, full of emotions... her face... eyes... very unique & timeless as you said. The fact that every single member of my family can agree to love & listen to this song by M! Lol!

35 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

Possibly THE greatest 'comeback' she ever made. It was a song that seemed to bring almost all kinds of people into her fold.... fans and non-fans alike. The song itself, over 20 years on, still sounds absolutely fresh and beautiful, and I feel it is something people will still be listening to 50 years from now. Its an amazing track from an absolutely amazing and timeless album.

Everything about this era was unique! Very spiritual experience. ??

33 minutes ago, Semtex1 said:

I remember hearing it on the radio for the first time in my car driving into London for a night out. I didn't even know it was her but the track was haunting in my car in the dark. I honestly thought for a minute it was an Irish woman singing ...and it was magical. I knew from that moment it was going to be huge ..

I remember my sister was soooo in love with it! ♥️ 

24 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

I remember downloading Singaporean Radio Rips from AOL on dialup like it was a transmission from heaven.

Last night I rinsed out the Studio versions of Re-Invention Tour and Frozen was delightful. 

I really like Re-Invention Tour version, MX version I’m still not sure however it’s my favorite moment from the whole tour!

39 minutes ago, Semtex1 said:

I remember my first time too. I was taking a shower with our area fm radio station playing. Frozen started playing and I started freaking when Madonna started singing. I love loved it straight up. 

3 minutes ago, Jet said:

But the MX tour version has Lola and she was the whole reason for ray of light. She featured so strongly in the release of the single and album that seeing her now, an adult taking front stage, larger than life with Madonna content and proud in the background is just a beautiful full circle kind of thing.

Yes and it was she who ended up in Lola's arms ...It was actually so emotional.