GAME: Ranking the Tours [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

On 3/22/2023 at 12:04 AM, musicinferno said:

TGS is her best tour tho 

On 3/22/2023 at 7:29 AM, Pretender1978 said:

DW is actually on the lower part of my list, still great but setlist is meh and art direction is also so so, I'm not even mentioning her hair. Only thing I adore about that tour is the acoustic haystack section and LIB.

Girlie Show is so over the top fantastic it is hard to begin, first of all the whole look of it (for the time) was so elegant and understated, the costumes are heaven, musical direction superb, with all those interpretations of her extended mixes, the interpolations of other songs, bringing back Everybody, doing My Fair Lady, that LIB choreo.

I understand the love for MDNA, for me it was too much of a production leaving little room for her personality to shine through, but that tour also has some incredible highlights, LAV, Vogue, Celebration

I can respect a different opinion of course and you do make some fair points! But I think we're going to have to agree to disagree when it comes to TGS. I've always considered it one of her lesser tours and that has only continued to ring true as time has gone on. While it has some definite high points, I just can't get over the ugly stage, the incredibly disappointing and often confusing setlist, the inconsistent momentum of the show, and the single worst overall look she has ever had with that unfortunate hair coupled with underwhelming costumes.

I will give credit where it is due however and that's yes the musical direction does elevate a disappointing setlist, her energy and charisma was there in spades, and the Justify My Love performance is incredible. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic