The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Adonna

11 hours ago, MattyMads said:

I have tour blues I can't believe it's over for us Europeans now.

USA enjoy it and look after her you're in for an amazing few months.

me too since my Parisian date. I can't get over it. I think about this incredible concert all the time. I haven't felt this excitement since the girlie show.
I'm sad to see her return to the USA and I really hope that we will have a nice surprise soon (leg2 or the Max Martin single).

12 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Realy? I always tought europian people where much harder on her 

Idk at least the reviews about the tour were all positive. Most were only complaining about the sound & her being late.

I feel like the americans are a lot more critical, meaner and ageists. I hope i'm wrong. 

14 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Realy? I always tought europian people where much harder on her 

Not at all, never been. We had a huge respect for all the pop US 50s-00s culture here in EU. 

Things changed in the last two decades I'd say. Phenomena like Swift, Beyonce, Drake hardly became hits here as in America, but about the old school artists they really were huge and still are respected. We were amazed by the way Americans were able to define contemporaneity, always creating new effective models, showing strong personalities and talents like Turner, Prince, Jacko, and we debateted a lot about them, criticizing and taking sides about their provocations, looks, music value, but it was part of the game and their cultural role. They really were something for us (socially I mean, not just for their fan bases).

I think the situation is different now (but I'm old, I can be wrong), from Gaga on it all seems flatter, pop icons are not that able to break the social discussion with significant lyrics or images, it's much more about social medias and politically correctness I'd say. 

13 minutes ago, stefo said:

Not at all, never been. We had a huge respect for all the pop US 50s-00s culture here in EU. 

Things changed in the last two decades I'd say. Phenomena like Swift, Beyonce, Drake hardly became hits here as in America, but about the old school artists they really were huge and still are respected. We were amazed by the way Americans were able to define contemporaneity, always create new effective models, showing strong personalities and talents like Turner, Prince, Jacko, and debateted a lot about them, criticizing and taking sides about their provocations, looks, music value, but it was part of the game and their cultural role, but they really were something for us (socially I mean, not just for their fan bases).

I think the situation is different now (but I'm old, I can be wrong), from Gaga on it all seems flatter, pop icons are not that able to break the social discussion with significant lyrics or images, it's much more about social medias and politically correctness I'd say.

truth.

and every newspaper and  magazines say only amazing things about M and her celebration tour..... everyone talk about the queen.... the queen everywhere....

I believe @stefothe question sits down on how the American artists would sound to Europeans as "leaders" or "followers," as "shepherds" or "sheep." You know my thought.

From M it was very clear from her very first single released in Europe in which cathegory she has always belonged.

Btw, Latin America - as a product of Europe themselves - have been sharing the same mindset to the former metropole - and the same twist change for the beginning of the millennium. Believe it or not. I guess Britney, not Gaga, changed it all. Ofc in Britney's inner she has always been a shepherd - even with her family and manager/team enslavering her for most of her life.

27 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

I believe @stefothe question sits down on how the American artists would sound to Europeans as "leaders" or "followers," as "shepherds" or "sheep." You know my thought.

From M it was very clear from her very first single released in Europe in which cathegory she has always belonged.

Btw, Latin America - as a product of Europe themselves - have been sharing the same mindset to the former metropole - and the same twist change for the beginning of the millennium. Believe it or not. I guess Britney, not Gaga, changed it all. Ofc in Britney's inner she has always been a shepherd - even with her family and manager/team enslavering her for most of her life.

Yeah, I thought about Britney too :thumbsup: I choose not to mention her, cause in the beginning she was percieved like a kind of modern Lolita and her early releases were welcomed with curiosity, at least here in Italy she was huge until 2003-05 or so. I think we were expecting to see how she would have grown up, but ... you know, that's where you get the difference between M and all the others imo.

Also about the idea of shepherds and sheeps, you do express a point I wrote and then cancelled :lol: this time just cause I did not want this to become too heavy and boring. My point was that US are living a tough phase in the global geo-political balance re-settlement. So yes, I agree, it's a matter of fact the American culture is not expressing as a whole the same status in leading and orienting Western imaginary and sensibility.

edit: by the way, if they're really going to elect Trump again, I think it could be the decisive step in that direction :cry:

29 minutes ago, stefo said:

Yeah, I thought about Britney too :thumbsup: I choose not to mention her, cause in the beginning she was percieved like a kind of modern Lolita and her early releases were welcomed with curiosity, at least here in Italy she was huge until 2003-05 or so. I think we were expecting to see how she would have grown up, but ... you know, that's where you get the difference between M and all the others imo.

Also about the idea of shepherds and sheeps, you do express a point I wrote and then cancelled :lol: this time just cause I did not want this to become too heavy and boring. My point was that US are living a tough phase in the global geo-political balance re-settlement. So yes, I agree, it's a matter of fact the American culture is not expressing as a whole the same status in leading and orienting Western imaginary and sensibility.

edit: by the way, if they're really going to elect Trump again, I think it could be the decisive step in that direction :cry:

yes its truth

the world change fast, tastes too 

netflix help to change all, not only in the tv series or movies industry but mindsets too. ..

years ago if you wanna make it you need to be born in Us.... have a perfect english ecc ecc.... 

now it dosent matter where you are, if you have a good story or good music people will be there....

even of you dont sing in english or you have an english movie or tv series.

look how big is South Korea now with pop culture....

look Maluma, bad bunny

even technology help all this

you dont need anymore a 1 or 2 million dollars studio.... look how many rappers or young popstars make an entire album from their bedroom..... and make millions dollars and have million and millions visualizations....

technology, social networks and spotify change all

now you can live everywhere, but if you have a story or a song you will have millions people there for you.... something never happen  before.

years ago was impossibile without a music label , ads, and talk show or something similar, tell to the world of your new single or album or movie ecc ecc

1 hour ago, stefo said:

Things changed in the last two decades I'd say. Phenomena like Swift, Beyonce, Drake hardly became hits here as in America, but about the old school artists they really were huge and still are respected. We were amazed by the way Americans were able to define contemporaneity, always create new effective models, showing strong personalities and talents like Turner, Prince, Jacko, and debateted a lot about them, criticizing and taking sides about their provocations, looks, music value, but it was part of the game and their cultural role. They really were something for us (socially I mean, not just for their fan bases).

Well... since Eurovision Madonna is Slaughtert in every comment section here in Holland, most of the people here see her as someone with no talent and can't sing and is definitley not a legend. 

Even when she anounced the tour the regular people said only bad things about her.. 

I must say dutch media is turned around and was mostly positive about her and the new tour, but i did not read any comments on Facebook from a dutch article because those people are just sad and shading everybody without knowing a thing...

From another member on here i know German media and not fans people are rude about her 90% of the time..

Thats why i tought the hate in america can't be worse than in Europe, and i know, europe is bigger than just Holland and Germany but stil 

Ps sorry for my bad english 

38 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Well... since Eurovision Madonna is Slaughtert in every comment section here in Holland, most of the people here see her as someone with no talent and can't sing and is definitley not a legend. 

Even when she anounced the tour the regular people said only bad things about her.. 

I must say dutch media is turned around and was mostly positive about her and the new tour, but i did not read any comments on Facebook from a dutch article because those people are just sad and shading everybody without knowing a thing...

From another member on here i know German media and not fans people are rude about her 90% of the time..

Thats why i tought the hate in america can't be worse than in Europe, and i know, europe is bigger than just Holland and Germany but stil 

Ps sorry for my bad english 

oh so sad they are so mean with her.... its horrible.... she give us an amazing show, and amazing 40 yrs  with songs who are probably the most iconic pieces in the pop culture sphere.... god the world is full of idiots and fuckers

dont worry honey, my english is worst than your english....

15 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

oh so sad they are so mean with her.... its horrible.... she give us an amazing show, and amazing 40 yrs  with songs who are probably the most iconic pieces in the pop culture sphere.... god the world is full of idiots and fuckers

dont worry honey, my english is worst than your english....

You are always so kind 🥰 I realy like you 💋

@stefo regarding the Lolita comparisons Britney had at the earliest of her career as a popstar, let me go back to my memories and remember that around that time (circa 1999) she gave a brief interview to a Brazilian teen magazine which my sister had in her 14 yo and, avid for reading as I have always been, I read. She was questioned in this interview exactly about her Lolita persona, and look carefully at the answer she gave them:

"I did it on purpose. I did it because I didn't want to be compared to Debbie Gibson and this was the way I found."

By this answer I already knew Britney was always the shepherd, never the sheep. No wonder she conquered the entire world in a second, and from Xtina to Jessica Simpson, from Mandy Moore to Delta Goodrem, she has created a series of "Britney wannabes" the same way "Madonna wannabes" were created back in 1984.

@dave2290 please read this post of mine, my Medellín (from now on I'll call you this way, you know why). So interesting!

4 hours ago, sara94 said:

Idk at least the reviews about the tour were all positive. Most were only complaining about the sound & her being late.

I feel like the americans are a lot more critical, meaner and ageists. I hope i'm wrong. 

In my opinion, it’s not so much Americans as  a whole. It’s our American press and our politicians that are some of our biggest issues. They try to censor, control, divide, and conquer everything and everyone. They will lie, embellish, and distort the truth to make a buck or control. I hope I’m wrong but the press will sadly have a hay day with Madonna. I hope and pray I’m wrong. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic