New Madonna...

12 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

I know but i believe once you make it and becomes a worldwide artist, there's such things are names becoming a brand. For example i doubt Sony could promote an unknown newbie rapper who wanna call himself "The new Eminem". I believe Eminen could sue. Maybe i'm wrong but it's just my guess. I know there are artist called Blessed Madonna or Black Madonna but The new Madonna is a bit different in my opinion. More like a replacement of the original.

for sure now is a brand......... 

but who, would be ok to have is art and music promote like...... someone else?

or is like @Redha DBLsay her daughter......... or like i think  M herself........ maybe with an avatar....... 

4 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

I know but i believe once you make it and becomes a worldwide artist, there's such things are names becoming a brand. For example i doubt Sony could promote an unknown newbie rapper who wanna call himself "The new Eminem". I believe Eminen could sue. Maybe i'm wrong but it's just my guess. I know there are artist called Blessed Madonna or Black Madonna but The new Madonna is a bit different in my opinion. More like a replacement of the original.

I guess we'll see. I personally don't think it's anything against the rules. If they get questioned about it they could always just say "I wasn't talking about the singer, I was talking about the biblical figure"

9 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I guess we'll see. I personally don't think it's anything against the rules. If they get questioned about it they could always just say "I wasn't talking about the singer, I was talking about the biblical figure"

Yes you are right. 

1 hour ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I don't think so. Madonna is from the bible. It means mother of God. It's just a word. Besides being her name. 

Actually yes, Madonna trademarked her name in the 80's apparently. I believe most big celebs trademark their names. Remember Kylie Jenner tried to block Kylie Minogue from using the name Kylie as her brand.

Also when it comes to music, you cannot have 2 bands/artists with the same name in the U.S. This is why when the Australian band Rufus launched in Oz they changed their name to Rufus du Sol.

I believe the only time this is legally allowed is if the person happens to have the same name and is acting out of good faith. For example, if my name were Britney Spears then yes I could release music under that name. But I cannot just go and release music under the name Britney Spears and just gain the free exposure that comes with that.

I guess The Black/Blessed Madonna was able to do that because the name is unique so someone calling themselves The New Madonna,  perhaps they could get away with it in the same way or claim it had nothing to do with the singer. But since it implies an association with her she can probably try to shut them down if she wants to. Most likely, this artist is called something else and this is just their launch site to gain attention. If Madonna is not involved then its kind of shifty imo.

9 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

But since it implies an association with her she can probably try to shut them down if she wants to. Most likely, this artist is called something else and this is just their launch site to gain attention. If Madonna is not involved then its kind of shifty imo.

girls,  again.......

this is Sony a company who make billions every year...... no one do something against rules with the risk to give millions or billions in damages........

i can't belive they really promote someone under the label,  the new Madonna........ and i can't belive someone who just sign a deal with Sony......... SONY....... would accept this...... for me M is involved in all this.......

3 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

girls,  again.......

this is Sony a company who make billions every year...... no one do something against rules with the risk to give millions or billions in damages........

i can't belive they really promote someone under the label,  the new Madonna........ and i can't belive someone who just sign a deal with Sony......... SONY....... would accept this...... for me M is involved in all this.......

Maybe it is an AI created pop star and Madonna is involved?

9 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

girls,  again.......

Even for a new artist, how tacky and tasteless it would be to label herself "The new Madonna"... I also believe Madonna (the old one) is involved, weither it's herself or Estere.

3 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Oh wait, it also looks like FKA twigs (the singer who is close to M, they hand together several times last year)

i know but i dont see her in that model at all.... and fka twigs have a so huge personality that i totally dont see her ok with a promo who call her the new Madonna.......

16 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

i hope an entire new era......

@Dazedmadonna said not long ago that there was no album or ep coming anytime soon in the "New album" thread if i remember correctly. And I trust him because he was right with Celebration Tour setlist days prior opening night (including breaking the news about Like A Virgin being an interlude, for more context)

2 minutes ago, roberMDNA said:

@Dazedmadonna said not long ago that there was no album or ep coming anytime soon in the "New album" thread if i remember correctly. And I trust him because he was right with Celebration Tour setlist days prior opening night (including breaking the news about Like A Virgin being an interlude, for more context)

i had no idea about this........ so why this site? 

7 minutes ago, roberMDNA said:

No album and no EP so a off single is still possible.