Q : Madonna music videos in cinemas ? (35mm)

DanK

I'm curious as to which Madonna music videos were ever officially played in actual movie theaters - and therefore, which were sent out by her record company(ies) as 35mm reels?

- Who's That Girl (before the film) - France, Spain
- Bedtime Story - NY, LA, London
- Beautiful Stranger (before the Austin Powers film) - London
- And although not a music video, the extended Max Factor advert was shown in Europe in cinemas.

Has any of you seen any other Madonna MVs in cinemas, and on which occasion ?

00.jpg

19 minutes ago, DanK said:

I'm curious as to which Madonna music videos were ever officially played in actual movie theaters - and therefore, which were sent out by her record company(ies) as 35mm reels?

- Who's That Girl (before the film) - France, Spain
- Bedtime Story - NY, LA, London
- Beautiful Stranger (before the Austin Powers film) - London
- And although not a music video, the extended Max Factor advert was shown in Europe in cinemas.

Has any of you seen any other Madonna MVs in cinemas, and on which occasion ?

00.jpg

would be amazing have at the cinema the blond ambition tour and the confessions......

We worked with Warner and Madonna's publicist to screen the Confessions tour at a cinema for the home release, back in the day. Although not a music video, it was actually pretty cool to see it that way. Can't remember if we also screened Desperately Seeking Susan or anything else. Just too long ago.

According to my mum Like a virgin, material girl and the full dress you up video (with lots of fans dressed like Madonna) were shown before the UK release of Desperately Seeking Susan in 1985.

not a music video but I recall someone saying that Madame X was on the big screen at a premier at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood and there were other theatre screensings as well.

8 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

According to my mum Like a virgin, material girl and the full dress you up video (with lots of fans dressed like Madonna) were shown before the UK release of Desperately Seeking Susan in 1985.

not a music video but I recall someone saying that Madame X was on the big screen at a premier at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood and there were other theatre screensings as well.

Yes it was.

Also Mary Lambert showed a few of her videos at some event. You could message her and ask her @DanK, I believe she engages with Madonna fans now and again