Madonna re-releases NEEDED?

Holger

61 members voted

1. 1. What kind of releases would you like to have?

• CD-only deluxe editions (single CD, original album + bonus tracks)
    • CD-only deluxe editions (double CD, original album + bonus tracks & remixes)
    • CD-only deluxe editions (boxed sets, 2+ CDs w/ original album + bonus tracks, remixes & DVDs w/ videos and live performances)
    • Digital-only deluxe edition (original album + bonus tracks & remixes)
    • CD & digital deluxe editions (identical track listings)
    • Digital singles (w/ all versions of the song, incl. unreleased instrumentals, backing tracks, etc.)

Like A Prayer, Erotica and Bedtime Stories remastered, and probably IC. But only if it's done right, people will bitch about loudness and stuff but yeah, it would be nice to have louder, cleaner versions of those albums.

No need for deluxe editions with extra tracks or any other BS. The albums are classics for what they were and should stay with their original tracklisting imho.

Uhhh no thanks. I'd rather have my Madonna collection without all those pops and with good sound quality.I get that vinyls are nostalgia and the covers are larger and prettier but CDs were invented for a reason and they offer way more possibilities than vinyls do.Her 80's singles and most of the versions from back then are still unavailable, digitally or on CD.

vynils are great quality especially for older albums. CDs are ok but no one buys them anymore so might as well be just a digital release. I don't even know why I bothered buying Rebel Heart on CD since it was so hard to find anyway, shows how big of a fan I am. I never even used it lol.

Just to clear things out, BS vinyl is the one missing from my vinyl collection for the albums. And yes its rare and expensive and its never been released on this side of the world. I love CDs its more handy and no pops and cracks but its compressed. Vinyls are worth having as a collectible. Sound is uncompressed and with those cracks and pops make it more nostalgic. Either way any reissue or box set as long as there's bonus or at least remastered is still worth having.

vynils are great quality especially for older albums. CDs are ok but no one buys them anymore so might as well be just a digital release. I don't even know why I bothered buying Rebel Heart on CD since it was so hard to find anyway, shows how big of a fan I am. I never even used it lol.

It really depends on where you live. A lot of people still buy CDs, especially if it's a legend like M who has a lot of collectors. I am currently working on completing my singles collection of M and I find it's stupid that I have to buy used CDs from various places just to get a physical copy for an affordable amount of money.

It really depends on where you live. A lot of people still buy CDs, especially if it's a legend like M who has a lot of collectors. I am currently working on completing my singles collection of M and I find it's stupid that I have to buy used CDs from various places just to get a physical copy for an affordable amount of money.

Some people buy CDs, but i mean those collector sales are so minimal, if they weren't we would get single CDs and we dont anymore

Some people buy CDs, but i mean those collector sales are so minimal, if they weren't we would get single CDs and we dont anymore

CDs have the advantage of being the medium that can be most easily transferred to digital format. Releasing vinyls only will cost more and will most likely get even less sales due to the fact that they pander to a small fraction of an already smaller group of potential buyers.

CDs have the advantage of being the medium that can be most easily transferred to digital format. Releasing vinyls only will cost more and will most likely get even less sales due to the fact that they pander to a small fraction of an already smaller group of potential buyers.

Just wanted to chime in on this one - so Vinyl is literally saving the music industry.  Revenue of vinyl has surpassed streaming for record companies.  Hard to get into the "whys" but there is something that gets people excited about that type of physical product. 

Another study the just came out also states 48% of record buyers arent even listening to the vinyl but are collecting.

So for me personally, I havent "bought" a music item in years - was a huge Madonna collector - but the whole streaming/spotify bit is sooo easy that I cant justify buying a cd which I will never look at.  Interestingly enough though, I've gotten into collecting vinyl - dont ask why - totally psychological.  I dont listen to them as I prefer the quick spotify experience but certainly love finding amazing limited edition collectors items that are scare or limited in quantity.  That gets me to buy it.

There's something about fetish with vinyl!

Really.

But I do love listening my vinyls on my record table. Sound is warmth. Music is loud and great. 10 times more than itunes. And it's beautiful in the living room to watch it turning.

Maybe the gesture is logical. Music = turning/spinning as most of the physical support are turning. It's great to watch it turn....

Like A Prayer, Erotica and Bedtime Stories remastered, and probably IC. But only if it's done right, people will bitch about loudness and stuff but yeah, it would be nice to have louder, cleaner versions of those albums.

No need for deluxe editions with extra tracks or any other BS. The albums are classics for what they were and should stay with their original tracklisting imho.

What's the problem with the Erotica CD? It sounds great to me, I don't get what's wrong about it  :stare:

Like a Prayer, I'm Breathless and Bedtime Stories definitely should get some "treatment"  :monkey:

Sorry I will read what you guys have said later i've been avoiding this forum since joining i'm kinda shy but I wanted to say box-set not an option? I want a Madonna rarities box-set so badly. Ever since that fan question and answer last year and said it's a possibility I freaked out. Picturing something like Nirvana's With the Lights Out but all Madonna.  :worship: Also since hearing the remastered version of Like a Prayer she needs to move those up to include that album, I finally got it. Was that ever officially released?

Oh and the Rain Tapes in full please and thanks!

• 1 year later...

I'd die if they re-issued her albums the way the catalogue of Belinda Carlisle has been re-issued:

2CD + DVD

1st CD: Regular album + Single versions/b-sides

2nd CD: Demos, outtakes and remixes

DVD: promotional videos, interviews and live material

Yeah, exactly. Kylie's first four albums have been released like that, and they are absolutely marvelous!

U2 is putting out a beautiful Boxset for Joshua Tree.

We already know about the re-leases of MJ's and the current Purple Rain re-release from prince, all jammed with bonus content....

Madonna, Like a Virgin, TRUE BLUE..... These are ICONIC albums. LEGENDARY! The holy trinity. They deserve the same treatment.

Maybe a remaster of her three 90's albums. That would be nice.

Erotica, Bedtime Stories and Ray of Light.

Erotica and Bedtime Stories sounds perfect. They don't need a remaster. Ray of Light on the other hand needs more treble (and Like a Prayer more bass).

Be careful wishing remastershttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

So what does it take to remaster albums? Engineering? Studio knowledge? Or simple computer knowledge with a little interest in music?

As far as I know, a good remaster works with the original multitracks.  Some tracks needs to be changed and others not. Doing a remaster with a simple computer without the original multitracks, in my humble opinion, is a disaster because you change everything (voice, guitar, drums, etc, etc).

And, of course, you need to hear the result in a good high-end music player. Doing a remaster hearing the result with the computer speakers...

Sadly, sometimes people don't want a proper remaster. They only want a louder version (do you remember the loudness war?)