Doubt about Warner Music

madbella

Hello since Madonna confirmed that she had signed with Live Nation I have the same doubt.

With all the material that they have in Warner Records, Why dont release this material?

I know that with Blond Ambition Tour was sold to Laserdisc, and they can use in exclusive during 25 years.

But why not release, for example, this year the Virgin Tour 30 anniversary? Imagine, a special package with DVD or Blu-Ray with the full concert and an audio CD.

And the Re-Invention tour?

I dont know, but I heard for someone that when she left Warner all this material was for them. I understand that when she was there she could say, "this no" or "no way". Now she is not in the discography and they have the material, if they pay royalties to her, Where´s the problem?

Thanks in advanced and happy rebel 2015!

There's no reason to release them other than for the fans, it would have made more sense to release some of this material back in 2009 when Celebration came out. Maybe it's a good thing they didn't considering the technical flaws in that release.

I hope one day many years from now, she'll sit down with Keshishian and Akerlund to produce the full Re-Invention and Blond Ambition Tours...would be a shame for them to go to waste. But we don't really know what happened to those Blond Ambition recordings or who owns them. :1f614:

Maybe Madonna and her team will have a change of heart in 2015 after the big leak gate with the new album, they may decide now is the time to milk us of our money as they know just how much in demand her work is.

I hope we get Blond Ambition and a Girlie Show Bluray Release oh and In Bed With Madonna on Bluray in the UK as Truth Or Dare was Region A only 

...or until she decides not to come up with new stuff anymore.

come on guys, she is out with a NEW product soon.

she doesn't like to cling to her past.

it's all for her period of retirement, if that phase ever occurs in whatever shape or form.

exactly.  :)

I really don't think any of this will happen anytime soon, but I'm crossing my fingers for the Confessions Tour bluray.  :hearteyes:

...or until she decides not to come up with new stuff anymore.

come on guys, she is out with a NEW product soon.

she doesn't like to cling to her past.

it's all for her period of retirement, if that phase ever occurs in whatever shape or form.

Yup, I think that too. She's not a "catallogue" artist (yet), even if her rescent albums were just excuse to go on a tour, I guess this is her goal: stay relevant, go on a big tour, maybe do a side project here and there (films, merchadnise, or such). And I think we have to wait for any major "deluxe" reissues with bonus tracks, compilations, archive material, boxes, untill she does not have a current work to sell. 

As for Blond Ambition or Re-Invention tours - I guess M/her management can block releases for copyright resons. Also, I don't see why Warner would promote an artist who works for different company now. They may issue a budget compilations when she's releasing her own project (like they did recently with album boxes), but they won't release now anything ground breaking.