Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

Billboard : 
Fall Album Preview: 72 Anticipated Releases | Billboard

Madonna
Title and Release Date TBD

Madonna has been teasing fans through her Instagram account that new music is coming, but few official details have surfaced beyond those revealed by recent Billboard cover boy Diplo (who has already contributed four or five songs) and hookups with Avicii and Natalia Kills. Expect some reference, however, to “Unapologetic Bitch,†a phrase Madonna has been hashtagging all summer, and perhaps some sort of collaboration with recent V magazine cover co-star Katy Perry. 

From PopJustice:
"I found a girl at tumblr who sneaked into the Jeremy Scott after party and asked her about Diplo´s Dj-set and the rumored Madonna tracks. This is what she answered:

"They were SO good! They were really danceable, Madonna looked pleased."

I hope this is true.  :speakno:

Will the new chartology have a great impact on M13?

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news10067m01

CHARTOLOGY: The music business is bracing itself in anticipation of the so-called consumption chart Billboard and SoundScan are jointly creating, with endless questions about how said chart will impact and possibly alter their marketing methodologies. The weekly chart will combine album and track sales with audio and video streams, assigning an equivalent-album value to each, as in the TEA metric, theoretically providing a more accurate and comprehensive representation of modern-day music consumption. It’s expected to make its debut the first week of January, or as close to it as possible, so that the full year can be measured in this new way, with year-to-date totals accompanying the weekly figures. That time frame also gives the two companies time to get their systems in place; for now, streaming is being measured by hand, a dauntingly labor-intensive task. Billboard’s album sales chart will remain in place, but most observers believe it will take on decreasing importance over time as the business acclimates itself to the new system. 

In some respects, the consumption chart will mirror the present sales charts in that sales and streaming tend to correlate, with certain exceptions. For example, Cherrytree/Interscope’s Disclosure album Settle, released in 2013, continues to generate a high volume of YouTube views and audio streams on Spotify and elsewhere, but sales have yet to follow suit; U.S. sales are at 125k. "Latch" is doing considerably better with 1.7m, but Sam Smith’s vocal has been a key factor in the single’s success. In a mock-up of last week’s consumption chart, the Disclosure album, which placed #213 in pure sales with a modest 1.8k, vaults to #64 with a total album equivalent of 8.9k, thanks to 3.3m streams and 48k sales of "Latch." An even more dramatic example is Tove Lo’s debut EP Truth Serum on Island, which is #302 in album sales but has a total consumption rank of #48, the result of 4.3m streams and 64k singles sales on "Habits (Stay High)."Overall, the most dramatic effect of the consumption chart will be to lengthen the tails of bona fide hits by measuring their aftermarket impact, potentially providing the labels with additional time in which to market these hits. Katy Perry’s PRISM (Capitol), for example, moves up 45 slots from its pure sales ranking of #61 to #16, while Jason Derulo’s Talk Dirty (WB) goes #82-22.Among the myriad questions being asked around the business, perhaps the most common is, will people still care about pure sales charts once the consumption chart is established as the standard? More intriguingly, in what ways will attempts be made to manipulate the new chart, and what new games will labels play in order to get a leg up on the competition? Will the consumption chart mean the end of the SoundScan-era emphasis on the first week of release, or will the majors figure out new ways to max out that total?

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6251384/madonna-new-album-2015-diplo?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=biz_breakingnews&utm_campaign=Breaking%20News

Madonna Aiming for 2015 Album Release, 'Having a Lot of Fun' With Diplo

By Keith Caulfield, Los Angeles

| September 12, 2014

Madonna's been hard at work on her upcoming new album -- as evidenced by her prolific posts on Instagram -- and is planning for it to be released in 2015, according to a representative.

Among those she's working with is super-producer Diplo, who has turned up in multiple photos on the diva's Instagram account. It's unclear if Diplo (who recently graced the cover of Billboard magazine) is materializing as the album's primary producer, but it would seem that he could play a significant role in the project.

When asked specifically about Diplo and his involvement in the album, Madonna's manager Guy Oseary told Billboard, "She's currently in the studio with Diplo and having a lot of fun," but didn't offer any further clues about the project. Alas.

Madonna's next album is due out on Interscope Records, and -- based on a glance at her Instagram feed -- may also feature collaborations with Toby Gad, MoZella, S1, Ariel Rechtshaid, Avicii, Natalia Kills and Martin Kierszenbaum. On last week’s Pop Shop Podcast, Kierszenbaum — the head of Cherrytree Records who also records as Cherry Cherry Boom Boom — told Billboard that he was “very proud†of the work he completed with Madonna in the studio.

“It was a real privilege to write with Madonna, and with Natalia Kills,†said Kierszenbaum. “We ended up writing about seven songs. We were meant to only be there with her for a couple of days, but we really distilled it down to a very traditional writing session. It was just me on the piano, and Madonna and Natalia Kills around it, and we just wrote songs the old-fashioned way, just playing the piano and singing. … I don’t know what she’s gonna use from the sessions, but it was a tremendous honor.â€

Madonna’s last release, 2012's MDNA, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart -- her fifth consecutive No. 1 studio album and her eighth chart-topper overall.

I would be surprised if something leaked... Although, I'm not ruling it out... but I would be surprised.  Madonna pre-album release has proven to be very litigious about unreleased major leaks since Jorge/GMAYL.  Anyone would be a fool to be the one holding that potato.  They would deserve to be arrested.

Guess it’s gonna be an early spring (or pre-spring) release.  Don’t mind her taking her time as her almost daily IG posts make the waiting somehow more bearable.  The only thing is that if she's releasing at that time, she'll most likely begin tour rehearsal shortly after the album release. Much like the MDNA era, there will be possibly little to no promo.

If it follows the MDNA timeline, we are looking at a possible November / December INFO leak and most likely March album release at the earliest.

MDNA Era Timeline
Dec 2010: Madonna posted on her FB page: "Its official! I need to move. I need to sweat. I need to make new music!
July 2011: Martin Solveig was invited to a writing session in London
July 4th, 2011, Guy O announced that Madonna entered the studio to begin the recording sessions for the album
Oct 28th, 2011: Reports of  the lead single, "Give Me All Your Love" by MRama and the song featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. by MTribe
Nov 1st, 2011: "Give Me All Your Love" lyrics leaked [MRama]
Nov 7th, 2011: The song title of "Girls Gone Wild" was revealed [MRama]
Nov 9th, 2011: "Give Me All Your Love" demo leaked
Dec 1st, 2011: The song title of "Masterpiece" was revealed [MRama]
Dec 3rd, 2011: "Masterpiece" leaked
Dec 15th, 2011: Madonna announced that the album will be released in the spring of 2012
Dec 22nd, 2011: The song title of "Turn Up the Radio" revealed [MRama]
Dec 23rd, 2011: The song title of "Birthday Song" revealed [MTribe]
Dec 26th, 2011: The song title and full lyrics of the "Bang Bang" demo revealed [DM]
Jan 11th, 2012: Madonna announced the album title on The Graham Norton Show
Feb 3rd, 2012: First single, GMAYL was released

Feb 5th, 2012: Madonna performed at the Super Bowl XLVI during the Bridgestone Halftime Show from Lucas Oil Stadium

Feb 7th, 2012: Madonna announced the MDNA tour
Feb 28th, 2012: The full and final track lists of the Standard and Deluxe editions revealed [MTribe]
Mar 2nd, 2012: Second single, "Girl Gone Wild" was released digitally 
Mar 4th, 2012: Lyrics of the "I Don't Give A" bridge and the spoken part of "Gang Bang" leaked [NY Post]
Mar 19th, 2012: Full lyrics of "Gang Bang" [DM]
Mar 23rd, 2012: MDNA album released in Australia and Germany
Mar 24th, 2012, Madonna appeared on a livestream chat on FB with Jimmy Fallon
Mar 26th, 2012: International release date of MDNA
May 31st, 2012: MDNA tour was launched in Tel Aviv, Israel
April 2nd. 2012: "Masterpiece" was officially sent to radio stations in the UK
April 10th, 2012: MDNA in LP(Vinyl) format was released in the USA
Aug 5th, 2012: "Turn Up the Radio" was released
Dec 3rd, 2012: "Superstar" was released only as a special edition free promo CD with Brazilian newspaper Folha de S. Paulo in Brazil
Dec 22nd, 2012: MDNA tour ended in Argentina

I would be surprised if something leaked... Although, I'm not ruling it out... but I would be surprised.  Madonna pre-album release has proven to be very litigious about unreleased major leaks since Jorge/GMAYL.  Anyone would be a fool to be the one holding that potato.  They would deserve to be arrested.

I think arresting a fan for leaking stuff that someone from the inside is selling to a whole pyramid of people is going a bit overboard. Just seemed like he was the dumbest person they could find that served as the scapegoat since they don't know who's getting this stuff out there. Bottom line is if someone wanted to leak her new music they could do it anonymously, easy. Who are they going to arrest then?

Guess it’s gonna be an early spring (or pre-spring) release.  Don’t mind her taking her time as her almost daily IG posts make the waiting somehow more bearable.  The only thing is that if she's releasing at that time, she'll most likely begin tour rehearsal shortly after the album release. Much like the MDNA era, there will be possibly little to no promo.

If it follows the MDNA timeline, we are looking at a possible November / December INFO leak and most likely March album release at the earliest.

Thank you for this timeline, I didn't really remember most of these things anymore... I hope this time around they are a bit more clever with the promo they do, frankly a Facebook interview and a day on Twitter wasn't the most creative thing.  :tongue:

I think the best shot we got at promo is Billboard awards in May if she can get a couple of days off from tour rehearsals if she's gonna do a repeat of the MDNA era. The Grammys are in january so that's probably too early to start promoting... and maybe SNL performance as well. That would probably be the best to do around the release of the album. For sure she's gonna do at least a couple of high profile performances but there aren't many options for it at the start of the year. Hopefully she'll do one last Letterman interview since he's stepping down from his show next year.

Thank you for this timeline, I didn't really remember most of these things anymore... I hope this time around they are a bit more clever with the promo they do, frankly a Facebook interview and a day on Twitter wasn't the most creative thing.  :tongue:

I think the best shot we got at promo is Billboard awards in May if she can get a couple of days off from tour rehearsals if she's gonna do a repeat of the MDNA era. The Grammys are in january so that's probably too early to start promoting... and maybe SNL performance as well. That would probably be the best to do around the release of the album. For sure she's gonna do at least a couple of high profile performances but there aren't many options for it at the start of the year. Hopefully she'll do one last Letterman interview since he's stepping down from his show next year.

I was actually thinking she may be Letterman's last guest on his last show.   I'm hoping for an SNL appearance & I know this is a long shot but  for a morning show concert like GMA or something.  

Hopefully she gets to appear on these:

The 57th Annual GRAMMY Awards telecast - Sunday, Feb. 8, 2015

The Billboard Music Awards in 2015 - Sunday, May 17th

NBC The Voice Season 8 Finale – May or June 2015

Late Show with David Letterman – last show in August 2015???

Promo show on GMA

I think that info from a forum that she had pushed it back to change things she wasn't satisfied with was probably true. Oh well, I'm happy she wants it to be the best it can be. :heart:

I can't really see her ever doing a promo morning show, and even a talent show performance might be a bit of a long shot. I think our best chances are in high profile award events. I'm hoping she won't do many interviews this time, there isn't much to talk about anyway, and focus her appearances on the music.

I think that info from a forum that she had pushed it back to change things she wasn't satisfied with was probably true. Oh well, I'm happy she wants it to be the best it can be. :heart:

I can't really see her ever doing a promo morning show, and even a talent show performance might be a bit of a long shot. I think our best chances are in high profile award events. I'm hoping she won't do many interviews this time, there isn't much to talk about anyway, and focus her appearances on the music.

There's plenty to talk about if she still intends to tie the album to art for freedom like she said.  I hope she does plenty of interviews I love her interviews--theres always something to talk about.

Wow, that's really exciting to see her hangout out with Diplo & Skrillex! Maybe Skrill will remix one of the tracks on the new album; that would be amazing.

I hope she doesn't let Skrillex anywhere NEAR here music.  his music is the most god awful noise i've ever heard, and i've tried, he's so f*cking overrated IMO.  

I hope she doesn't let Skrillex anywhere NEAR here music.  his music is the most god awful noise i've ever heard, and i've tried, he's so f*cking overrated IMO.  

hes not for everyone, im sure a few years ago i wouldve hated him but now i quite like his noise  :polish: wouldnt mind a remix, that doesnt hurt anyone.

Does this mean a Diplo-produced first single will drop very soon???

Zane Lowe talks to Diplo about his collaboration with Skrillex called Jack U, the new song featuring Kiesza and working with Madonna.https://soundcloud.com/bbcradio1/zane-lowe-feature-interview-diploWhen asked about Madonna, he confirmed that they 'finished the single last week'. 

His Madonna mention starts at 3:29. He talks about another "retrospective" song they did that samples old news reports about her from the last 30 years. He also said he produced the majority of the album. Maybe they already have a rough track list already.