Madonna on Howard Stern this Wednesday!

groovyguy

Fantastic interview. Howard obviously did his homework and asked informed questions. And Madonna seemed comfortable and relaxed. Not only is she articulate but she comes across as humble, witty, sensitive and respectful. And her voice is so 90s Madonna.

Also her honesty on why it took her so long to be interviewed by Howard:

"Because I thought you didn't like me. You've said some [bad] things about me in the past..."

she kinda lives in a bubble.. she didn't know anything about howard show and that he is affraid of sick people.. she cough in that room, and if that wasn't madonna he would be furious... he hates germs and he is very affraid of them..

it was very interesting to listen two titans.. both so powerfull but so differen.. she even asked him very naive question (when he said that he doesn't travel) she asked him "how do u see the world?" .. thats naive cause everyone knows  howard and his travel hate

LOL, she isn't in a bubble.  I didn't know any of this stuff, and I'm not in a bubble either.  I doubt anyone would know it except a Howard fan, and why would she be given what he's said about her in the past?  It's his job to research her, not vice versa, and he should just be grateful she agreed to be on his show.

LOL, she isn't in a bubble.  I didn't know any of this stuff, and I'm not in a bubble either.  I doubt anyone would know it except a Howard fan, and why would she be given what he's said about her in the past?  It's his job to research her, not vice versa, and he should just be grateful she agreed to be on his show.

exactly. and she shouldn't go to the interview if shes sick cos howard doesnt like that or what? what amount of bs 

Madonna was at SiriusXM yesterday for her incredible Howard Stern interview and Larry Flick was able to grab her afterwards for a quick ten minute chat for his show “The Jolt.â€

Madonna also explained why Rebel Heart wasn’t a two-sided record, like she initially planned…

Originally I had intented to make a two-sided record, to show the two sides of me that are the most prevalent. I wanted to have two different sides, but my record company didn’t think it was a good idea. So, they kinda got all mixed up in one big soup.

Listen to the full interview…

https://soundcloud.com/madonnarama/madonna-on-the-jolt-with-larry-flick-12-march-2015

I just ended listening to it, it has been one of her best interviews in her whole career. Really really good one. So far the best one of all this promo, with the LGJ one. Loved it.

Totally agree. Definitely one of her best interviews to date and incredible they had such a great in depth discussion. Although I wish she would have left the grillz out, you can tell she's trying to keep them in  :tongue:

Madonna on 'Howard Stern': 10 Things We Learned

Singer discusses dating Tupac, an unreported assault and destroyed Basquiat paintings in candid interview

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/madonna-on-howard-stern-10-things-we-learned-20150312

"I didn't think you guys liked me," Madonna said towards the end of her time on Howard Stern's SiriusXM radio show on Wednesday. For the first time, Stern and the pop star sat down for a mano a Madge-o, where the host got the Rebel Heart singer to open up about everything from her mother's tragic death to the details of her much-discussed romantic history. Here are 10 things we learned from the candid interview.

1. Her shocking VMA debut of "Like a Virgin" was an accident. "I had come down the wedding cake and my shoe fell off," she said. "I was like 'Oh shit, I can't dance in one shoe!" The mishap prompted quick decision-making on Madonna's end as to how to proceed with the performance and led to the controversial stage-humping that took place at the first Video Music Awards. "I didn't know my skirt was up. I proceeded to sing the song laying down on the ground. I was just making the best of the situation." She noted that her manager Freddy DeMann told her that her career would be over following the performance.

2. She craves normalcy every once in a while. "Every 3 days I crave it," she said. "Every three days I go, 'That's it. I'm moving to a cabin and living in the forest and no one's gonna fuck with me anymore.'" Stern probed as to why she thinks she could never give up her career and life in the spotlight. "Because I'm an artist and I'm tortured. I'm a masochist and I like to create. I don't know. Maybe one day I will."

"I needed money for the payphone and [a stranger] gave it to me," she said. "He was a very friendly guy, and the phone was ringing. He was like, 'Oh, I live right across the street if you'd like to make the phone call from my house." The then 19-year-old Madonna agreed, blaming her "stupid friendliness" from her Midwestern roots. "I trusted everybody. The rest is not worth talking about."

4. She doesn't hate David Letterman. Stern acknowledged some early interviews between the pop star and talk show host, noting he could never tell if she liked him or was annoyed. "Oh, that's how I flirt with people," she revealed. "One time I was mad at him, when I said the 'f-word' a lot, but the rest of the time was good."

5. She dated Tupac Shakur. The late rapper had actually been the reason Madonna was mad at Letterman. "I was dating Tupac Shakur at the time, and he had gotten me all riled up about life in general," she said. "When I went on this show, I was feeling very gangster." Stern revealed his surprise about the little-known past relationship. "I think people know, if you're in the know," said Madonna coyly.

6. The misunderstood meaning of "Material Girl" gets on her nerves. "The song that irritated me the most about being associated with me is 'Material Girl,'" she said. "It was an ironic song because I'm certainly not a materialistic person." The topic came up as Stern had her clear up a rumor that she detested the success of "Like a Virgin" because other people had written it. The singer declared the rumor false, asserting that she loves the song and appreciates its writers.

7. Upon making her first $1 million, she indulged in buying a Frida Kahlo painting. "That was always my goal," she said on her art collection. "When I was married to Sean [Penn], I said 'When I make my first million, I'm going to buy art.'" Madonna had been a huge fan of Frida Kahlo since she was young. "I bought a self-portrait of hers. At the time it was rather inexpensive because people didn't know who she was."

8. Jean-Michel Basquiat destroyed all the paintings he had given to her. Madonna and Basquiat had dated when the singer was very young, but his heroin addiction ended up pulling them apart. "He was an amazing man and deeply talented. I loved him," she said. "When I broke up with him, he made me give all [his paintings] back to him. And then she painted over them black." She regrets giving the art back, but felt pressured to do so since it was something he had created.

9. She wrote "Vogue" in a few hours. Madonna stands by the idea that her best songs are the ones she wrote in only a couple of hours, "Vogue" included. "I thought it was a very cool dance, very presentational and elegant and all about vanity," she said about the dance of the same name. The song had been written for Dick Tracy, the film she made with ex-boyfriend Warren Beatty, and was inspired by all the classic movie stars. "[Warren] dated all of Hollywood, basically." She would ask him questions about what the stars she admired — and he dated — were like, including Natalie Wood and Julie Christie. "I looked up to [these women] and admired them."

10. "Ghosttown" will be her next single. "It's a beautiful song," commented Stern as he played the Rebel Heart song. He also noted that as it played, Madonna was smiling for the first time during the interview. "I love it," she said. "The song is about what if the world does collapse because sometimes it feels like it's going to any minute." The "Ghosttown" video will be shot next week.