I see a Pattern

FrozenPenguin

8 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Agreed. Vogue was originally meant as a b-side. The movie itself only made use of a few of those songs while the rest was original material so not all songs were featured. I get the album gets crapped on because people think Vogue's success probably should have had similar material on there but the album itself is very strong. "Something To Remember" is divine. "Sooner or Later, He's a Man" and "Back In Business" not sure how some fans don't like or appreciate how far off she went after Like a Prayer and delivered beautifully and majestically. Her voice is a perfect fit for this sound and it worked but all people seem to see it as either a soundtrack or the "album Vogue is on."

I'm Breathless IS definitely a studio album. There are indeed two other soundtrack albums from this film not counting Breathless.

But that's not the point. Considering she has had such a long career, the number of albums she recorded are very few. I know she has done many other things in between but still...

12 minutes ago, Rotzheimberg said:

I'm Breathless IS definitely a studio album. There are indeed two other soundtrack albums from this film not counting Breathless.

But that's not the point. Considering she has had such a long career, the number of albums she recorded are very few. I know she has done many other things in between but still...

It is not a studio album end of story. 

12 hours ago, FrozenPenguin said:

It is not a studio album end of story. 

It's not the "end of the story".  The fact is; it's always going to be considered BOTH.  And being her camp doesn't acknowledge it as part of her studio albums, people will always argue that as proof that it's a "soundtrack". 

I personally see it as a "studio" album, but it does contain a few Soundtrack songs, so let's just agree that it's "both".  LOL!

57 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

I wonder if the writing sessions were just so fruitful for Dick Tracy that Madonna decided to release it as an album since they couldn't include all the tracks in the movie. 

I don't think so. The only songs that were featured in the movie were the ones written by Sondheim. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was totally the other way round.