Why does the younger generation hate Madonna?

PayneMusically

Just now, PayneMusically said:

Technically the original person who named the millenial generation claimed it to be 1984-2004. People came in and changed up the dates once the next person named generation Z.

The duo that coined Millennial said that it started 1982...

Authors William Strauss and Neil Howe are widely credited with naming the millennials. They coined the term in 1987, around the time children born in 1982 were entering preschool, and the media were first identifying their prospective link to the impending new millennium as the high school graduating class of 2000. They wrote about the cohort in their books Generations: The History of America's Future, 1584 to 2069 (1991) and Millennials Rising: The Next Great Generation (2000).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

1982-2000 = 18, the year of adulthood in the US. 2000, like many, considered the year to be the new Millennium. 

1997 was decided as the official cutoff a year ago. 

19 hours ago, G House said:

This commentary is not only ignorant but also wrong as fuck.

Millennials are those born between 1980 and 1999, which is a huge segment of Madonna's fans.

Oh, thank you so much for correcting me. I see that virtue signaling is popular in Spain too, huh? Since it's nearly impossible not to offend people these days, I couldn't care less how ignorant or "wrong as fuck" you think I am. I'm referring to the younger generation in general, including people in their twenties. I stand by what I said, because it's true. If you want to believe that I meant every single person from that generation or millennial, that's fine.  

19 hours ago, drivebitch said:

1982-1997, and I totally agree with you. I laugh when people bitch and complain about kids today and call them Millennials when Millennials are adults.

Whatever. I laugh when people are pedantic by pointing out the literal technicality of a term used (or in my case, vaguely misused) by those they disagree with.   

On 1/7/2019 at 12:58 AM, Turuncan said:

The new generation probably would not know much about Queen if it wasn’t for the movie, and I seriously doubt many of them can name one song of Beatles or Elvis, even though they know their names, and in Elvis’ case, the image.

I agree 100%. It has always also been about how you market brands/artists to stay relevant, or become relevant again to younger generations. They need to be “en vogue” and cool somehow. There were times when James Dean and Marilyn Monroe were further hyped, and youngsters would put their posters on the wall, when Madonna was younger and made old Hollywood glam more fashionable again. It takes influential artists of the time to present something from the past I think to keep their legend up. And in case of Queen, the movie is marvelous and tremendously helps the brand but also their fans are an exceptional group of people who have supported the brand like crazy, with conventions and so on. Madonna fans lack a bit of the community spirit. We should remind people of the legendary status that Madonna has and celebrate her, while she is still alive! Instead of deconstructing her with self-important judgement - that is if we are interested in giving Madonna brand the boost and hype fans feel she deserves.